The Education Forum

Hillary blames FBI Director Comey for her loss

Douglas Caddy

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

Even the brain dead Huffpo is starting to understand what happened:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-ohio-town-voted-for-obama-by-huge-margins-then-it-flipped-to-trump-heres-why_us_582c9e20e4b099512f804de2

This is an Ohio, working class, 30K a year town.  What are the doing voting for Trump?

They were tired of hearing about Hillary's e-mails.

You couldn't turn on cable news over the last 11 days without hearing about the Crooked Hillary Show featuring Weiner-mail!

It's called voter suppression.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Cliff, that is what the article said over and over and over. Right?

Get Real Cliff:  you forgot to call them Fascist Pigs!

Putting this here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/democrats-house-senate.html

It's really time to move on.  Even the Democrats may want to align with Trump to do some much-needed infrastructure updates across the U.S.  We don't have to like Trump but his thinking is in the right place to do this.

Cliff, it may be hard for you to wrap your head around it, but there was a vast silent majority of blue-collar whites who were tired of the same old, same old.  Obama's "hope" slogan from the past 8 years kept those people hoping that change would come, including the government stopping business from shipping their jobs overseas.  What none of these people understand is this job segment is disappearing at a very fast clip and no amount of government intervention - from either side of the aisle - is going to stop that.  Most of the jobs that were filled recently keeping unemployment low were in the service sector, not the manufacturing sector.

But it's hard for these people to understand - all they want is a job to keep the roof over their heads and their bellies full.  So they pretty much abandoned their ticket that they'd voted for years on and went with Trump, who did a masterful job of selling "change" to them.  There was no way these people were going to vote for Hillary "oh, I didn't know" Clinton, who is an entrenched political creature of DC.

The media played a role as well, smugly predicting Trump (in other words, these same people) had no chance of winning, while breezily predicting HC's 85% change of winning victory.  The FBI thing made no difference - for these silent blue-collars, it pretty much was the icing on the cake for them but this event didn't radically bring millions of voters from HC to DT.

So it's time to move on.  If you can't see the forest from the trees on this, then there's nothing more to be said.  It's time to stop regressing and start progressing :)

Pennsylvania article date: Oct 13, 2016-see previous graphic

Excerpt from Rove article (July 7, 2016):

Even where the GOP has been successful in registration, maximizing Republican turnout is not enough to flip states. Take Pennsylvania, where GOP increases and Democratic declines have combined to produce a 216,916 shift toward Republicans since 2012. But Mr. Obama won the state by 309,840: Mr. Trump would need to convince 100,000 more Pennsylvania independents and Democrats to back him while carrying all the voters Mr. Romney won and the newly registered Republicans.

http://www.rove.com/article/the-off-stage-battle-to-sign-up-voters

6 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

Cliff, it may be hard for you to wrap your head around it, but there was a vast silent majority of blue-collar whites who were tired of the same old, same old. 

And the Democrats had a 30 billion dollar job plan for the Rust Belt.

Didn't hear about that -- did you?

Wrap your head around this -- and Jim DiEugenio can stuff it elsewhere sideways:

Corey Lewandowski Credits FBI Director James Comey With Helping Donald Trump Win

“With 11 days to go in this election cycle, something amazing happened.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/corey-lewandowski-james-comey_us_582dd4f7e4b058ce7aa97d7c

I'll be writing this for another four years, at least:

If James Comey had come out 11 days before the election and loudly announced that the FBI was investigating Donald Trump's private server connected to a Russian Bank (which they are) -- then nine days later announced it was a false alarm -- and then Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.5% but lost the electoral college-- I would renounce the results as illegitimate, even though my side won.  I would drop out of the Democratic Party among other protests.

Why would I do that?

Because I am a genuine American patriot -- unlike all these fascism-apologist wannabes.

what would be interesting to hear, from those who feel that the presidential election was a scam - or whatever they think -, is how the gubernatorial, congressional and senatorial majorities are ALL STILL Republican...

was that a Comey Conspiracy, too...?

20 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

They were tired of hearing about Hillary's e-mails.

You couldn't turn on cable news over the last 11 days without hearing about the Crooked Hillary Show featuring Weiner-mail!

It's called voter suppression.

they voted for Trump because they were tired of hearing about Hillary's emails (and Foundation, and Mid-East errors, and Wall Street incestuousness, and...)... ?

really?

a - that's incredibly insulting to millions of voters of your own ilk

b - your logic is approaching DVP standards

c - damn, dude

6 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

And the Democrats had a 30 billion dollar job plan for the Rust Belt.

Didn't hear about that -- did you?

Wrap your head around this -- and Jim DiEugenio can stuff it elsewhere sideways:

Corey Lewandowski Credits FBI Director James Comey With Helping Donald Trump Win

“With 11 days to go in this election cycle, something amazing happened.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/corey-lewandowski-james-comey_us_582dd4f7e4b058ce7aa97d7c

I'll be writing this for another four years, at least:

If James Comey had come out 11 days before the election and loudly announced that the FBI was investigating Donald Trump's private server connected to a Russian Bank (which they are) -- then nine days later announced it was a false alarm -- and then Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.5% but lost the electoral college-- I would renounce the results as illegitimate, even though my side won.  I would drop out of the Democratic Party among other protests.

Why would I do that?

Because I am a genuine American patriot -- unlike all these fascism-apologist wannabes.

"...loudly announced..."

Exhibit A.

13 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

It's time to stop regressing and start progressing :)

Progressing toward Muslim detention centers?

Progressing toward a repeal of Roe v Wade, and the subsequent ownership of a woman's reproductive organs by the State?

Progressing toward war with Iran and 4 dollar a gallon gas?

Progressing toward the dismantling of Medicare and the privatization of Social Security?

Progressing toward great wealth inequality?

Progressing toward more restrictions on people's right to vote?

Progress toward rounding up 11 million undocumented workers?

Progress toward losing what's left of our democracy to this new fascist State?

No thanks.

The FBI Director doesn't get to say who our President is, not in a democracy.

The 2016 election is illegitimate.

19 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I know Cliff, that is what the article said over and over and over. Right?

Get Real Cliff:  you forgot to call them Fascist Pigs!

Misquoted again.

A fascism apologist isn't a fascist pig.

Lots and lots of left-wingers suffering from False Equivalency Syndrome cannot recognize the fascist operation conducted by Julian Assange, Vladimir Putin, James Comey and the three cable news networks.

They are blinded by Clinton Derangementitis.

Like you.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Sen. Harry Reid -- thank you for your patriotism!

Harry Reid Blasts Comey As 'Republican Operative' Who 'Threw The Election To Trump'

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/11/harry-reid-blasts-comey-republican

The False Equivalency Brigade seems to have taken the night off...

Attn Jim DiEugenio:

Did Corey Lewandowski Admit To Contact With James Comey Ahead Of The Election?

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/11/corey-lewandowski-admits-collusion-james

The money shot:

<quote on>

Digby sent out this tweet from The Telegraph which had transcript of Corey telling the Oxford audience, "The FBI's Director James [Comey], rang me up on Friday and he said they may be reopening the investigation of Crooked Hillary's emails."

<quote off>

Trump supporters -- is it really worth winning an election if it means losing our Democracy?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Harry Reid is too late. Clinton's campaign decided it was in their best interest not to talk about the emails, rather than confront the accuser. They were wrong. Why do you think they made that strategic choice? It made them look like they were defending the indefensible. As Cliff says, the Republicans declared war a long time ago, and this move by Comey was really aggressive. Giuliani practically came in his pants thinking about it. So the response was not strong enough. Trump handled the accusations against him with flat out denials and threats. I thought the Democrats overplayed their hand on the sexual stuff, at the expense of any meaningful exploration of his businesses, including Trump University, which to me seems like the biggest scandal. 

So here we are. Harry Reid suddenly grows balls. The Demos seem to be reorganizing towards the progressive wing. They need a healthy transfusion of young blood. Perhaps the best thing that will come out of this mess is a new wave of political activism. Be the change and all that. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Harry Reid is too late. Clinton's campaign decided it was in their best interest not to talk about the emails, rather than confront the accuser. They were wrong. Why do you think they made that strategic choice?

I think they were right.  They wanted desperately to change the programming on The Crooked Hillary Show and denouncing Comey would have given it even more life.

They wanted to get back to The Donald J. Trump Show starring Donald J. Trump (featuring the women he assaulted) but that show had been cancelled.

There was no way James Comey was going to allow Hillary Clinton to become President.

It made them look like they were defending the indefensible. As Cliff says, the Republicans declared war a long time ago, and this move by Comey was really aggressive. Giuliani practically came in his pants thinking about it. So the response was not strong enough. Trump handled the accusations against him with flat out denials and threats. I thought the Democrats overplayed their hand on the sexual stuff, at the expense of any meaningful exploration of his businesses, including Trump University, which to me seems like the biggest scandal. 

I'm inclined to agree with you.

The Democratic platform had a $30 billion job plan for the Rust Belt but the Dems didn't push it loudly enough and the corporate media was too obsessed with e-mails to report on it.

CNN gave 3 times the coverage to Hillary's e-mails than all of Hillary's positions on the issues.

So here we are. Harry Reid suddenly grows balls. The Demos seem to be reorganizing towards the progressive wing. They need a healthy transfusion of young blood. Perhaps the best thing that will come out of this mess is a new wave of political activism. Be the change and all that. 

Elizabeth Warren 2020.