The Education Forum

Kennedy-Related Photos (From DVP's Collection)

On 5/14/2018 at 2:46 AM, David Von Pein said:

:up

If you know of any other photos that you think would be good additions to my Kennedy Gallery, let me know.

The-JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened-100-Plus-Hours-Logo.png

Dave, do you happen to have any of the photos of the two Secret Service agents washing down the back seat of the limo at Parkland?  You can actually see them using the bucket that sits next to the open back door to the car in all the other pictures.  These are very important to me, and the reason I signed up for this site.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Robert Card said:

Dave, do you happen to have any of the photos of the two Secret Service agents washing down the back seat of the limo at Parkland?  You can actually see them using the bucket that sits next to the open back door to the car in all the other pictures.  These are very important to me, and the reason I signed up for this site. 

This is the closest I can get....

Bucket-Next-To-Limo-11-22-63.png

Follow-up on "The Bucket"....

From Vince Bugliosi's book:

"Critics claim that the backseat was washed out with a bucket of water, citing photographs that allegedly show a bucket near the limousine. Nurse’s aide Shirley Randall was reportedly asked to perform such a task, but in the excitement, never got around to it. (Manchester, "Death of a President", p.180 footnote) But on the face of it, it appears highly unlikely that the Secret Service would wash away the “crime scene” before the FBI criminalists could examine the car, and there is no testimony or statement from anyone that this was done." -- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 33 of Endnotes in "Reclaiming History"

Also See:

Shirley Randall's 11/22/63 statement here, and this statement made by Parkland Hospital orderly Joe Richards.

Edited by David Von Pein

36 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Follow-up on "The Bucket"....

From Vince Bugliosi's book:

"Critics claim that the backseat was washed out with a bucket of water, citing photographs that allegedly show a bucket near the limousine. Nurse’s aide Shirley Randall was reportedly asked to perform such a task, but in the excitement, never got around to it. (Manchester, "Death of a President", p.180 footnote) But on the face of it, it appears highly unlikely that the Secret Service would wash away the “crime scene” before the FBI criminalists could examine the car, and there is no testimony or statement from anyone that this was done." -- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 33 of Endnotes in "Reclaiming History"

Also See:

Shirley Randall's 11/22/63 statement here, and this statement made by Parkland Hospital orderly Joe Richards.

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter11%3Athesingle-bullettheory

Although William Manchester, in his book The Death of a President, disputed that such a clean-up occurred, citing a nurse who says she was asked to bring the agents a bucket of water but failed to deliver it, Manchester overlooked the statement of an orderly, Joe Lewis Richards, admitting that he did indeed bring them the bucket.

And we know this bucket was used because...

• An 11-22-63 UPI article, most likely reflecting the words of UPI’s man-on-the-scene Merriman Smith, reported on this clean-up, stating: “Outside the hospital, blood was cleaned from the limousine.”
  • An 11-23-63 New York Times story by Tom Wicker similarly reported, “A bucket of water stood by the car, suggesting that the back seat had been scrubbed out.” (In the 1965 anthology John Fitzgerald Kennedy...As We Remember Him, and then again in his 1978 book On Press, Wicker explained just why this bucket suggested as much and specified that it wasn't just a bucket of water, but “a bucket of bloody water.”)
  • An article on the assassination by Hugh Sidey in the 12-20-63 issue of Time Magazine confirmed these accounts, and claimed he'd witnessed: “A young man, I assume he was a Secret Service man, with a sponge and a bucket of red water, and he was trying to wipe up the blood and what looked like flakes of flesh and brains in the back seat.” (Sidey repeated this allegation in an 11-28-88 Time article. He wrote: "The presidential limousine rested at Parkland Hospital. A grim young man was washing away the blood and flesh that had splattered the leather upholstery...The young man in his neat dark suit, sleeves pushed up, swabbed the seats. They glistened in their miserable wetness. Beside the car was a bucket with brownish red water. If any doubt remained about this calamity, it was swept away in one glance at that bucket. So simple. so hideous." )
  • And as if that weren't enough, Newsweek’s Charles Roberts also confirmed these accounts. In his 1967 defense of the Warren Report, modestly entitled The Truth About The Assassination, Roberts said simply that on 11-22-63 he saw two Secret Service men "starting to put the fabric top" on the President's limo, and thought "Why now?" Now that was vague, but Roberts would later expand on this. In an interview conducted for Robert MacNeil's 1988 book The Way we Were, Roberts admitted that he'd actually seen these agents “mop up the back seat” before putting on the fabric top, and that he'd thought it “ironic” that one of the Secret Service agents waved him aside and told him “you can’t look,” when "this wall of protection...of course could do no good."
  • And then, for good measure, there's Sid Davis, a reporter for Westinghouse Radio. On 11-9-13, in a taped interview with The Newseum, Davis shared that when he arrived at Parkland Hospital ”'I could see the Secret Service agents cleaning up the back of the limousine. I went to take a look and a friend of mine, Hugh Sidey of Time Magazine, said 'Don’t look, it’s too horrible.'"
Thus, five respected newsmen, all verified to have been at Parkland Hospital on 11-22-63, claimed they saw either someone cleaning blood from the limo, or the bloody bucket used in this clean-up.

And they weren't alone. In the decades following the assassination, White House photographer Cecil Stoughton, Associated Press photographer Henry Burroughs, and ambulance driver Aubrey Rike added their names to the list of those witnessing this clean-up. In 1983, Life Magazine--not exactly a propagator of conspiracy theories--published a photo taken by Stoughton of a bucket beside the limo with the caption "Outside Parkland, agents clean the bloody limousine." In Richard Trask’s 1994 book Pictures of the Pain, moreover, a number of similar photographs were published, all taken by Stoughton, and all showing a bucket by the limousine.

The evidence for the Secret Service clean-up of the limo is so convincing, in fact, that in 2003 the Fox News Channel asserted that a clean-up had occurred and broadcast footage of a Secret Service Agent, possibly George Hickey, walking away from the limousine with the bucket. That same week, a former member of the President’s Secret Service detail in Dallas, Gerald O’Rourke, came forward, telling the Rocky Mountain News “that on the day of the assassination, one agent was ordered to clean out the cars used in the motorcade, getting rid of blood and other evidence.” (He implied this was Sam Kinney.) By 2008, the once-disputed clean-up of the limo had become so widely accepted that even the Discovery Channel, in a program pushing that Oswald acted alone, by gosh, discussed the clean-up as an established fact.

Yes, it's conclusive, accepted even by defenders of the Warren Commission: the Secret Service, if only briefly, cleaned-up the limo while it was sitting outside Parkland.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/24/72/27/5481930/3/960x540.jpg

Edited by Micah Mileto

On 9/23/2018 at 8:14 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

I like this photo. Look at the people standing in front of the School Book Depository. None of them appears startled by the sound of a high-powered rifle fired just a few meters above their heads.

From the HSCA's earwitness experiment involving real gunshots being fired into sandbags in Dealey Plaza:

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol8/pdf/HSCA_Vol8_AS_3_Earwitness.pdf

All observers rated the rifle shots as very very loud, and they were unable to understand how they could have been described as a firecracker or backfire . Only the pistol, which was subsonic, produced a moderate loudness

hey Micah, thanks for those leads on the pictures of the limo, i appreciate it.   btw, i can assure anyone that it happened, i saw the pictures and used to post them many years ago.  why they've been removed from Mary Ferrell is beyond me.

• 1 month later...

JFK rides in the SS-100-X limousine with the President of Ecuador, July 23, 1962. Note the different configuration of the Lincoln limousine in this photo, lacking the "handhold bar" that was usually in place when the President rode in this car. (And somebody famous must also be located in the second car in this motorcade too, given the press attention focused on that vehicle as well.) ....

JFKWHP-ST-C21-7-62.jpg

Photo Source: JFK Library.org

Edited by David Von Pein

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

David,

I am very honored that you used one of my pictures that I took around DP from 2/18/19!  Glad they can be of some use, please feel free to use any of the pics I post!

Here is a pic I took in 2018 that more closely matches the picture from 1963:

F6MD8Vm.jpg

Take care,

Rick

Edited by Rick McTague
Added a pic from 2018

6 hours ago, Rick McTague said:

Here is a pic I took in 2018 that more closely matches the picture from 1963...

Excellent. I'm adding that one to my "Dealey Through The Years" page right now. Thanks!

Do you have the exact date when that pic was taken in 2018? (I like to put the precise dates on my site, if at all possible.)

Edited by David Von Pein

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, David Von Pein said:

This is the closest I can get....

Bucket-Next-To-Limo-11-22-63.png

I don't mean to start anything here, but I just can't help myself:  There's that pesky little spiral nebula, yet again.