Jump to content
The Education Forum
Mervyn Hagger

"Bubble Top' - was it bullet proof?

Recommended Posts

How a bullet responds when striking an object such as Plexiglas depends quite a bit on the bullet.

Mass.

Velocity.

Bullet composition and jacketing on the bullet.

Type of point: round nose, pointed nose, hollow point.

A round nose solid lead bullet would react differently upon striking Plexiglas than a jacketed hollow point. A 240 grain .44 caliber bullet would react differently than a 40 grain .223 caliber bullet.

To decide whether the bubbletop would or would not have deflected "that bullet" fired at "that angle" without performing an actual test is worthless speculation, IMHO... and since no testing was done [and why would they? JFK was already dead, so "woulda-coulda-shoulda" saves ZERO lives], no conclusions can be drawn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the top of the presidential limousine was not bullet-proof.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

How a bullet responds when striking an object such as Plexiglas depends quite a bit on the bullet.

Mass.

Velocity.

Bullet composition and jacketing on the bullet.

Type of point: round nose, pointed nose, hollow point.

A round nose solid lead bullet would react differently upon striking Plexiglas than a jacketed hollow point. A 240 grain .44 caliber bullet would react differently than a 40 grain .223 caliber bullet.

To decide whether the bubbletop would or would not have deflected "that bullet" fired at "that angle" without performing an actual test is worthless speculation, IMHO... and since no testing was done [and why would they? JFK was already dead, so "woulda-coulda-shoulda" saves ZERO lives], no conclusions can be drawn.

 

Don’t you think it’s fair to assume that if the bubble top had been up there would have been no attempt to kill JFK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Don’t you think it’s fair to assume that if the bubble top had been up there would have been no attempt to kill JFK?

Not with rifles while he was driving through Dealy Plaza. That’s my feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall listening to St. John Hunt on Coast to Coast. He said his father ( E Howard Hunt) told him that there was an assassination team waiting for JFK at the Dallas airport and that team had a plan to kill JFK as well- there seems to have been a great determination to have JFK murdered in Dallas that fateful day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I recall listening to St. John Hunt on Coast to Coast. He said his father ( E Howard Hunt) told him that there was an assassination team waiting for JFK at the Dallas airport and that team had a plan to kill JFK as well- there seems to have been a great determination to have JFK murdered in Dallas that fateful day.

The likelihood of detecting such a conspiracy, even if it was called-off is very high, IMO. It is even more likely to be detected, if cancelled because there is less fear, the persecuting and investigating apparatus is place, the cover-up apparatus is not in place. I am increasingly convinced that it had to be Dallas, that day. Not Chicago, Not Tampa, Miami or anywhere else, or at any other time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good Day.... A quick addendum with respect to the presidential limousine, that may also focus-in on a key time-constraint and future JFK public appearances/locations constraints that were also forced-onto the conspirators plan's, timetable's, assassin's, operational technique's, etc.

     By 11-22-63,  it is my understanding  (Pamela, please correct me if I am wrong)  that concrete Secret Service plans to have JFK's limousine permanently protectively bullet-proofed had been underway for many months.  (as had been done long before that for each of the TWO limousines that F.B.I. Director Hoover used)

     On 11-22-63 the limo was already scheduled to start to undergo that bullet-proofing updating process within one month after Dallas. 

Best  Regards  in  Research,

+++Don
 
Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges clearly

 
For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website:  "Men of Courage": President Kennedy-elimination Evidence, 
Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Key Considerations....

the Dealey Plaza Detailed Map:  Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses + Photographers locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in One
Convenient Resource....
https://i.imgur.com/8vSS1dp.gif
( updated map, + new information )

Discovery:  Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented  2nd  Head Snap: 
West, Ultrafast, and Directly
Towards the Grassy Knoll ....

Visual Report:  The  First  Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was  Still  Hidden  Under
the "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report:  Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

Current  Terrorism  Alerts  for  the  United  Statesadvisory7regional.gif
http://www.dhs.gov
Edited by Don Roberdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Don’t you think it’s fair to assume that if the bubble top had been up there would have been no attempt to kill JFK?

Paul, I'd rather not assume anything.

Would the bubbletop have distorted an assassins's view? Maybe, and maybe not. Certainly the potential for distortion exists in every bend in the Plexiglas.

But trying to determine whether the use of the bubbletop might have aborted an assassination attempt is akin to attempting to nail Jell-O to the wall. (If the Jell-O has an excess of gelatin in the mix, making it the consistency of ballistic gelatin, then even nailing it to the wall MIGHT be possible.)

We simply don't have sufficient information to make that assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 6:55 AM, Joseph McBride said:

Bill Moyers testified under oath that he made the decision

to remove the bubble top in Dallas since the rain had stopped. He was an advance man

on the Texas trip. 

Theoretically, at least, it should have been the SS' decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Mervyn Hagger said:

Hi Pam. I posed the question to discover what would have happened if the bubble top had not been removed. It seems that there was a possibility that it could have deflected the bullet. It would certainly have made a noise. Mervyn

It would.  The event might have been called off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

How a bullet responds when striking an object such as Plexiglas depends quite a bit on the bullet.

Mass.

Velocity.

Bullet composition and jacketing on the bullet.

Type of point: round nose, pointed nose, hollow point.

A round nose solid lead bullet would react differently upon striking Plexiglas than a jacketed hollow point. A 240 grain .44 caliber bullet would react differently than a 40 grain .223 caliber bullet.

To decide whether the bubbletop would or would not have deflected "that bullet" fired at "that angle" without performing an actual test is worthless speculation, IMHO... and since no testing was done [and why would they? JFK was already dead, so "woulda-coulda-shoulda" saves ZERO lives], no conclusions can be drawn.

 

Agree that this is pure speculation.  However, having an open limo when the roof pieces were in the trunk of the car makes this a viable topic for discussion, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Don Roberdeau said:

Good Day.... A quick addendum with respect to the presidential limousine, that may also focus-in on a key time-constraint and future JFK public appearances/locations constraints that were also forced-onto the conspirators plan's, timetable's, assassin's, operational technique's, etc.

     By 11-22-63,  it is my understanding  (Pamela, please correct me if I am wrong)  that concrete Secret Service plans to have JFK's limousine permanently protectively bullet-proofed had been underway for many months.  (as had been done long before that for each of the TWO limousines that F.B.I. Director Hoover used)

     On 11-22-63 the limo was already scheduled to start to undergo that bullet-proofing updating process within one month after Dallas. 

Best  Regards  in  Research,

+++Don
 
Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges clearly

 
For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website:  "Men of Courage": President Kennedy-elimination Evidence, 
Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Key Considerations....

the Dealey Plaza Detailed Map:  Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses + Photographers locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in One
Convenient Resource....
https://i.imgur.com/8vSS1dp.gif
( updated map, + new information )

Discovery:  Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented  2nd  Head Snap: 
West, Ultrafast, and Directly
Towards the Grassy Knoll ....

Visual Report:  The  First  Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was  Still  Hidden  Under
the "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report:  Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

Current  Terrorism  Alerts  for  the  United  Statesadvisory7regional.gif
http://www.dhs.gov

Not to my knowledge.  All involved scrambled after the assassination to do the gutting and rebuild of SS100X.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did I learn about bullet performance while writing three nest selling books on bullet performance in the real world? That we cannot guarantee what any bullet will do when striking curved surfaces INCLUDING the human skull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

What did I learn about bullet performance while writing three nest selling books on bullet performance in the real world? That we cannot guarantee what any bullet will do when striking curved surfaces INCLUDING the human skull!

My point exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

What did I learn about bullet performance while writing three nest selling books on bullet performance in the real world? That we cannot guarantee what any bullet will do when striking curved surfaces INCLUDING the human skull!

 

4 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

It would.  The event might have been called off.  

Thanks. I agree with both of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×