The Education Forum

"Bubble Top' - was it bullet proof?

4 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Michael, I began by asking two related questions. No conclusions. No speculation. I asked questions. Others added the "may or may not" part in reply. Therefore, based ONLY on my two questions that began this thread (nothing to do with as LHO guilty or not guilty), and the fact that JFK was killed by a bullet to the head in Dallas while sitting in his car, others said that maybe and maybe not that a bullet would have hit JFK in the manner that it did. What I added was that the added noise factor, while keeping in mind that an obstruction has now been placed in front of the shooter, would have alerted the driver that something untoward was occurring. So no speculation, and no assumption. Just questions asked by me and answered by others. The question is unrelated to LHO. Mervyn

3 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Question: Was the bubble top bullet proof?

If it was, or even if it would have only deflected bullets from their original trajectory, then it presents a problem for a premeditated conspiracy, unless the conspiracy included the person who ordered its removal and possibly the person who removed it.

Follow-up question: What if the bubble top had not been removed?

Mervyn, The above is your first post. It takes the form of..

Question...

If; then; unless..... proposition

Question.

----------------

Your proposition is false because of the failed logic in your premise.

But, alas, I am sure this is not lost on the reader, and I fear the reader may tire of this debate. Have at it. I a done.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

It needs to be remembered that the bubble top was for visibility not executive protection.

Hi Evan. From what you and Pam have stated the bubble top would have placed an obstacle in the path of the killing bullet which may or may not have found the same target point. It would have created a noise factor that was not present due to the removal of the bubble top. Mervyn

3 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Mervyn, The above is your first post. It takes the form of..

Question...

If; then; unless..... proposition

Question.

----------------

Your proposition is false because of the failed logic in your premise.

But, alas, I am sure this is not lost on the reader, and I fear the reader may tire of this debate. Have at it. I a done.

Michael, as usual you are twisting words. I asked two questions when I began this thread. That is all. If you are confused, and you appear to be either confused or trying to pick a fight with me over words, then forget my comments to others in reply, and only respond to my original questions. Mervyn

1 hour ago, Evan Marshall said:

It needs to be remembered that the bubble top was for visibility not executive protection.

True. Nothing about SS100X was bulletproof on 11.22.63.  In fact, the FMC and WHG had agreed that this should be the case because the US is not a 'banana republic.'

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Not really Mervyn, You are assuming that the conspiracy unfolded exactly as planned, and exactly as the Warren Omission says it did. There were plenty of ways to kill JFK that day. And he was going to be killed whether they could pin it on LHO or not.

The people who ordered the limo to be open on 11.22.63 were the SS.  

1 minute ago, Pamela Brown said:

True. Nothing about SS100X was bulletproof on 11.22.63.  In fact, the FMC and WHG had agreed that this should be the case because the US is not a 'banana republic.'

Hi Pam. I posed the question to discover what would have happened if the bubble top had not been removed. It seems that there was a possibility that it could have deflected the bullet. It would certainly have made a noise. Mervyn

1 minute ago, Pamela Brown said:

The people who ordered the limo to be open on 11.22.63 were the SS.  

Pam, then what answers have been provided in response to the action by the SS? What would have been the result if it had not been removed? Mervyn

We can go around in circles on day on whether or not the presence of one or more pieces of the plexiglas top would have prevented the assassination.  What we do know is that originally the plan was to have the top up, as it rained in the morning.  You can see that in the photos of the Ft. Worth Hotel when JFK spoke in the rain.  At the last moment the skies cleared, so the limo was left open. 

The SS made the decision to leave the top off.  There had been threats against JFK in the press that morning, but apparently that did not make a difference and/or the SS did not see putting up the top as a preventative measure.  So we don't have any direct evidence one way or the other.

However, once the limo reached Parkland Hospital, the first thing the SS did was to put the top up.  Then the SS whisked the limo away from PH and stowed it on the C-130 at Love Field. They did all of this in about 40 minutes.. I think that speaks volumes.  17516280_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

We can go around in circles on day on whether or not the presence of one or more pieces of the plexiglas top would have prevented the assassination.  What we do know is that originally the plan was to have the top up, as it rained in the morning.  You can see that in the photos of the Ft. Worth Hotel when JFK spoke in the rain.  At the last moment the skies cleared, so the limo was left open. 

The SS made the decision to leave the top off.  There had been threats against JFK in the press that morning, but apparently that did not make a difference and/or the SS did not see putting up the top as a preventative measure.  So we don't have any direct evidence one way or the other.

However, once the limo reached Parkland Hospital, the first thing the SS did was to put the top up.  Then the SS whisked the limo away from PH and stowed it on the C-130 at Love Field. They did all of this in about 40 minutes.. I think that speaks volumes.  17516280_1.jpg

Pam, I was trying to keep this very basic with my original questions. Based upon the fact that the bubble top was not bullet proof, have any tests been carried out on that bubble top to show what would happen to it if a bullet was fired at it from any direction and knowing that the distance from the gun (or guns) that fired the bullet (or bullets) had to be at least a minimum distance from the target. The minimum distance being any distance encompassing any location suspected of being involved with the shots being fired? Mervyn

6 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Pam, I was trying to keep this very basic with my original questions. Based upon the fact that the bubble top was not bullet proof, have any tests been carried out on that bubble top to show what would happen to it if a bullet was fired at it from any direction and knowing that the distance from the gun (or guns) that fired the bullet (or bullets) had to be at least a minimum distance from the target. The minimum distance being any distance encompassing any location suspected of being involved with the shots being fired? Mervyn

Not that I am aware of.

However, following the assassination, the Ford Motor Co. made sure to do tests on the bullet-proof glass they intended to use on the rebuilt limo.

Edited by Pamela Brown

3 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

"bullet-proof glass they intended to use on the rebuilt limo."

Ms. Brown,  If that's not an oxymoron I've never seen one, touché. 

4 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Bill Moyers testified under oath that he made the decision

to remove the bubble top in Dallas since the rain had stopped. He was an advance man

on the Texas trip. 

Where and when did Moyers testify? 

When I worked for the DOE, we had Barrett .50 sniper rifles and they pretty much made bullet resistant glass useless. In the 60's there was all sorts of military armor piercing ammo floating. Frankly, I've always thought the USSS was incompetent rather than involved. Remember, the last time they had a President shot at was Truman in the Blair House

Conspiracy? Absolutely,, but a small one that consisted to dedicated individuals who could go to there rave without ever talking about it. And yes, they exist.