The Education Forum

Gifts from uncle Malcolm.

Guest Bart Kamp

4 hours ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

I have lots to say to you.  Read the quoted material.

"    "

I would be interested if you had "Lots of sensible things to say " to me. Unfortunately you don't. Your quoted material is, as you proven since your arrival on the forum,  rubbish. I won't be answering any of your comments to me in future. But I won't put you on ignore as I enjoy shooting you down regularly.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my ultimatum, anyone derailing this thread with your comments any further and I will simply stop posting here.....enough already!

Travel Info US Citizens March 10 1970

Allison Folsom May 10 1978

Robert Gambino July 27 1978

John P Campbell letter Aug 10 1978 READ!

Background info Marina Oswald

Treasury Protective Research March 1964

Bishops Services HQ William King Harvey newspaper article 1970

Judy Miller April 19 1978

Allegations of LHO connections with CIA 1975

Dennis Cowan Feb 1 1964

http://www.prayer-man.com/gifts-from-uncle-malcolm-part-7/

Edited by Bart Kamp

22 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Here is my ultimatum, anyone derailing this thread with your comments any further and I will simply stop posting here.....enough already!

Travel Info US Citizens March 10 1970

Allison Folsom May 10 1978

Robert Gambino July 27 1978

John P Campbell letter Aug 10 1978 READ!

Background info Marina Oswald

Treasury Protective Research March 1964

Bishops Services HQ William King Harvey newspaper article 1970

Judy Miller April 19 1978

Allegations of LHO connections with CIA 1975

Dennis Cowan Feb 1 1964

http://www.prayer-man.com/gifts-from-uncle-malcolm-part-7/

I looked at the Blunt documents and was very intrigued by the one called Judy Miller 1978. Page two of that document is a letter sent by one of my favorite researchers, Peter Dale Scott, to Mr. Purdy, presumably HSCA. In the next to last paragraph Scott says he has two credible sources indicating that the Artime/Amlash Operation was being run by CIA with support from ‘European Intelligence/paramilitary services. He offered to share those sources. 

Does anyone know what Professor Scott was referring to, or whether he supplied those sources?

I do know that Artime himself, in recruiting at Fort Benning and other locations, was using the cover story that his new sponsor's and trainers were going to be a combination of European donors and support from Nicaragua.  In some of his remarks he was even adamant that the US would no longer support efforts against Castro so he had to turn to Europe and Latin America - all part of the cover. However related documents make it clear that was actually an authorized by the CIA as a cover given that AMWORLD had to be totally deniable and offshore from the  US.  Its also clear that a lot of his political contacts and organizing was to be done in France and Spain to move that offshore and that his weapons buys were to be though Interarmco and European suppliers...but the money was from the CIA and was going though offshore bank accounts in Switzerland. A number of the AM/LASH meetings were in France.

I don't know what PDS was using as a source though for those remarks though, have never seen that.

6 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I do know that Artime himself, in recruiting at Fort Benning and other locations, was using the cover story that his new sponsor's and trainers were going to be a combination of European donors and support from Nicaragua.  In some of his remarks he was even adamant that the US would no longer support efforts against Castro so he had to turn to Europe and Latin America - all part of the cover. However related documents make it clear that was actually an authorized by the CIA as a cover given that AMWORLD had to be totally deniable and offshore from the  US.  Its also clear that a lot of his political contacts and organizing was to be done in France and Spain to move that offshore and that his weapons buys were to be though Interarmco and European suppliers...but the money was from the CIA and was going though offshore bank accounts in Switzerland. A number of the AM/LASH meetings were in France.

I don't know what PDS was using as a source though for those remarks though, have never seen that.

Larry - although not mentioned in the Skorzeny Papers,it appears from some googling that Samuel Cummings, founder of Interarmco, did business with Merex, Berlin based arms company started by former SS members Mertin and Skorzeny. 

I would certainly expect that Paul,  Cummings and Interarms/Interarmco did business with everyone globally and was one of the largest international arms dealers for at least a couple of decades. They were they place to go..literally.  When Sturgis was buying weapons for Castro he went to Interarmco, when Masen could not come up with weapons to sell to DRE in Dallas the suggestion for them was to go to Interarmco, when AMWORLD was formed, Artime's people went to Europe to get weapons from Interarmco. I suspect it would be harder to find someone buying weapons from the fifties through the seventies not to have shopped with or bought from Cummings...I'm not sure if that carried into the Contra period or not but I suspect it did.  Would have to check; I cite some good books on international arms sales in Shadow Warfare including one specifically on Cummings and his companies.

16 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I looked at the Blunt documents and was very intrigued by the one called Judy Miller 1978. Page two of that document is a letter sent by one of my favorite researchers, Peter Dale Scott, to Mr. Purdy, presumably HSCA. In the next to last paragraph Scott says he has two credible sources indicating that the Artime/Amlash Operation was being run by CIA with support from ‘European Intelligence/paramilitary services. He offered to share those sources. 

Does anyone know what Professor Scott was referring to, or whether he supplied those sources?

Paul,

I can't help with your request, but I can help with something else in that Judy Miller document.

On page 1, it says, "Lee Harvey Oswald is mentioned in an Army file on Alberto Santalo-fuertes."

Here's the file that's referenced: (26H821):

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=857&tab=page

Alberto de Jesus Santalo-Fuertes told the 5th Military Intelligence Detachment in Fort Carson, CO (Staff Sergeant, Dennis Bartles?) that he (Santalo) had called a friend in Florida shortly after the assassination, and that this friend told him that Oswald had met Fidel Castro in Mexico.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I would certainly expect that Paul,  Cummings and Interarms/Interarmco did business with everyone globally and was one of the largest international arms dealers for at least a couple of decades. They were they place to go..literally.  When Sturgis was buying weapons for Castro he went to Interarmco, when Masen could not come up with weapons to sell to DRE in Dallas the suggestion for them was to go to Interarmco, when AMWORLD was formed, Artime's people went to Europe to get weapons from Interarmco. I suspect it would be harder to find someone buying weapons from the fifties through the seventies not to have shopped with or bought from Cummings...I'm not sure if that carried into the Contra period or not but I suspect it did.  Would have to check; I cite some good books on international arms sales in Shadow Warfare including one specifically on Cummings and his companies.

Larry - do you recall the name Helmut Streicher? I think he used the nom de guerre Captain William Rhine, or Rolf Mayer. Former SS, associate of Skorzeny, surrendered to the British near the end of WW 2, worked for US Intelligence and US Army for the rest of his career. Stationed in Berlin 1951-57, then part of the BOP operation, later Africa etc. clearly another member of Gehlen’s post war apparatus. 

Of course the sheer number of CIA, ex-Nazi, and ‘European Intelligence paramilitary’ agents stationed in Berlin in the 1950’s, or in Madrid, doesn’t mean they killed JFK. It’s the history of the Cold War. But it sure is suggestive that so many of the JMWAVE group were in Berlin. Artime intersecting with European paramilitary groups in a CIA operation seeking deniability, outsourcing the anti-Castro operation, lends support to the idea that the Dealey Plaza shooters were outsourced as well.

Paul, I know you want to go that direction, but to me all it really shows is that Berlin was the most important spot for post WWII intelligence and that it served as the beginning of a great many careers...in Shadow Warfare I follow them from Berlin to Guatemala then to SW Asia and ultimately back to Miami and then on again to SE Asia and Latin America.  In all of their assignments they routinely used surrogates.  At this point I'm pretty comfortable with Cuban exile surrogates in Dallas;  I'll need something more definite to add any another party.  I'm watching, just haven't seen that yet.

I've edited this to add that if I were looking for someone who had some history with actually "contracting" for political assassinations, that had been associated with JMWAVE , who appears to have had a very bad history of telling his superiors and subordinates the whole truth and who clearly had serious personal with JFK I would look towards Tracy Barnes.  He had a long standing reputation as being the guy at headquarters who had no hesitancy to approve extreme actions.

Edited by Larry Hancock

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Paul,

I can't help with your request, but I can help with something else in that Judy Miller document.

On page 1, it says, "Lee Harvey Oswald is mentioned in an Army file on Alberto Santalo-fuertes."

Here's the file that's referenced: (26H821):

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=857&tab=page

Alberto de Jesus Santalo-Fuertes told the 5th Military Intelligence Detachment in Fort Carson, CO (Staff Sergeant, Dennis Bartles?) that he (Santalo) had called a friend in Florida shortly after the assassination, and that this friend told him that Oswald had met Fidel Castro in Mexico.

Steve Thomas

Sounds like the DA Phillips post assassination misdirection.

Its worth noting that the DRE and several groups inside Miami began circulating the story that Oswald had met with Fidel in Cuba, that he had met with Castro agents in Miami and that Ruby had also met with and been paid by Castro. They were spreading that story as widely as possible in the weeks right after the assassination.

2 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Jack Edwin Dougherty Nov 22nd FBI statement.

jack_e11.jpg

jack_e12.jpg

jack_e10.jpg

Bart,

I was struck by the name of FBI Agent James W. Anderton.

In November, 1963, Kenneth L. Anderton was a Patrolman in the Patrol Division, Second Platoon, Captained by Cecil Talbert.

Bachelor Exhibit 5002

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

On December 1, 1963 Richard Borchgardt (who had appeared in a lineup alongside Lee Harvey Oswald) told Anderton that he had information that Jack Ruby was involved in a gun running scheme involving Lawrence Miller, et.al.

DPD Archives Box 2, Folder# 6, Item# 9

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box2.htm

Kenneth L. "Andy" Anderton

Dallas Morning News May 21, 2005.

http://obits.dallasnews.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=kenneth-l-anderton-andy&pid=3566572

"ANDERTON, KENNETH "Andy" L. 72 of Eustace, TX. passed away May 29, in Tyler, TX. Grew up in the Dallas area. Worked for Ford Motor Co. for a short time. Served in the US Marine Corp. as a flight instructor. After the service he joined and retired after 23 years of service with the Dallas Police Force in the homicide department where he was involved in the investigation during the time President Kennedy was assassinated . He left homicide and joined the intelligence division and was involved in many special projects, some with the FBI. He was a Master Mason at the East Dallas #1200 Lodge. After retirement he worked at Cornerstone Granite & Marble where he coordinated the building of the playground at Scottish Rite Hospital. Survived by his wife, Deane Anderton, son, Mark Anderton, step-sons, Michael Wayne & Patrick Wayne, half brother, Phillip Anderton,..."

William Allen Harper gave the Harper fragment to Dallas FBI Agent James W. Anderton.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/H%20Disk/Harper%20William%20Allen/Item%2001.pdf

I'm not real good at the Ancestry thing. Is it possible they were cousins, or uncle/nephew?

Steve Thomas