The Education Forum

DR Costella's leaning lamppost

8 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Doesn't seem to be the same view or perspective.  Also, the black and white is from a higher perspective than the color Dorman.  They don't seem to match.  The Dorman perspective looks as if it is almost at street level.  Your opinion would be appreciated.

This is the Elsie Dorman 4th floor window from where she filmed the motorcade.

Picture7~0.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, John Butler said:

You really need to quit posting these deceptive .gifs.  What you are describing as people seen through the trees is just gaps in the branches showing shadowed areas.  There is nothing in the red box except gaps between branches and dark shadows.

Absolutely, I will think differently.  I don't need a sync point to discuss whether people are there or not.  You can use the mosaic or go back to the individuals frames which I have done in a prior time.  The mosaic, although not completely accurate, serves to make the point.

You might look closely at the women next to Willis.

There are other ways to show film manipulation.

f0c0b4bf-7ecb-4dce-b318-f1ef82fcb753-ori

Edited by Chris Davidson

2 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

You might look closely at the women next to Willis.

There are other ways to show film manipulation.

f0c0b4bf-7ecb-4dce-b318-f1ef82fcb753-ori

I don't know if I'm missing your point Chris, but there are definitely some frames missing here.  Check out the guy waving the newspaper in the upper left corner --right where there's a splice.  Suddenly, his left arm is at rest by his side. 

Paul,

There appears to be missing frames.  Davidson's gif is deceptive in the sense he is not using the best material.  He is covering up what I showed in Z frame 157.  He directs your attention to one of the Ladies in Black so you won't pay that much attention to Phil. 

He has chosen the worst Zapruder frame enlargements or altered frames so that you don't see what I am talking about in Z frame 157.  Zapruder in a lot of frames is not clear but blurred and hard to interpret.  But, no where have I seen any frames as bad as the ones Davidson is showing in that .gif.  Gifs are easily manipulated.  Here is a comparison of what he didn't want you to see.

Davidson-comparison-to-zapruder.jpg

Phil Willis' extra long leg is a photo copying and photo altering mistake.  IMO Phil Willis was not on the SW corner when the presidential limousine went by.  The so-called Willis Slides were filmed by Phil's daughter Linda.  That's speculation and I can't prove that, but that is my feeling.  Even though I can not say this or that convincedly, it is suspicious.

I don't think Phil made it to the SW corner because he is not in the Elsie Dorman film and Linda and Rosemary are.  They supposedly ran there side by side.  There are Robert Hughes frames that look a lot like the Willis family just off Main Street grass directly after the assassination.  The film is so bad you really can't prove that.

Davidson's earlier .gif involved seeing people through the trees on Elm Street in frames of the Elsie Dorman film.  To me they were just anthropomorphized shadows of gaps between tree branches.  There were 3 witnesses in that window with Elsie Dorman.  They all said they could not see the presidential vehicle under the trees let alone a single person.

Vickie Adams, Dorothy Garner, and Sandra Styles said they could not see the limo under the trees when they heard shots coming from the west.  They and other witnesses confound the idea of shooting out of the 6th floor Sniper's Nest. 

Edited by John Butler

dormancomposition.jpg

Robin, 

This is good work.  If you don't mind I will keep a copy of this for reference.

It is about here with the placement of the presidential limousine that Elsie Dorman said she stopped filming.  I don't know whether that is true or not because there are blurred images of policemen at the end of the film.

I hate to be a nitpicker, but an enlargement of SS-100-X in the first image of the limo does not show the occupants of the limousine correctly.  It is a better view than most frames showing the limousine on Houston Street.  Most of those images have the occupants of the limousine blacked out.   

Edited by John Butler

7 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

I don't know if I'm missing your point Chris, but there are definitely some frames missing here.  Check out the guy waving the newspaper in the upper left corner --right where there's a splice.  Suddenly, his left arm is at rest by his side. 

Paul,

That clip is the MPI version which includes the splice.

If you add in the missing frames from the Groden version, this is what it would look like.

btw, it's a hat not a newspaper.

19642a7d-d7e5-4a4a-91ae-8ef300280db8-ori

6 hours ago, John Butler said:

Paul,

IMO Phil Willis was not on the SW corner when the presidential limousine went by.  The so-called Willis Slides were filmed by Phil's daughter Linda.  That's speculation and I can't prove that, but that is my feeling.  Even though I can not say this or that convincedly, it is suspicious.

I don't think Phil made it to the SW corner because he is not in the Elsie Dorman film and Linda and Rosemary are.  They supposedly ran there side by side.  There are Robert Hughes frames that look a lot like the Willis family just off Main Street grass directly after the assassination.  The film is so bad you really can't prove that.

Perspective and comprehension.

I wonder if there is a deceptive gif to follow with someone on the run as the limo turns onto Elm St.      hmmm

Credit to Robin for the photos.

47977396691_13ab69ebac_o.png

3 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

47977396691_13ab69ebac_o.png

I wonder if there is a deceptive gif to follow with someone on the run as the limo turns onto Elm St.      hmmm

Credit to Robin for the photos.

"Perspective and comprehension."  I wish you were more honest with yours.

IMO, Phil Willis is not a creditable witness.  The Muchmore frame tells you so.  Your inclusion of Phil's testimony before the WC even makes it worse.  He says he raced to the intersection of Elm and Houston and arrived on the SW corner of Elm and Houston before the presidential limousine.  He doesn't say it here, but his daughters said they traveled with him to the intersection side by side.  Later I think he says that.  The Muchmore frame makes that very doubtful.  Phil Willis was a WWII veteran with a disability pension from the VA.  I don't know what his injuries were, but the VA does not give you a disability for nothing. 

The Zapruder film, the Elsie Dorman film, and this Muchmore film are the basis for believing that Phil Willis is not a creditable witness.  You emphasize the statement where Phil races down Houston Street to arrive on Elm before the presidential vehicle gets there.  You totally ignore what he said just prior to that.  He said he took a photo from the rear as the limousine was approaching the turn unto Elms Street.  Do you understand what "approaching the turn they were to make on Elm Street" means?

These statements are not creditable in and of themselves.  Houston Street is something like 220 feet in length from the Houston and Main intersection and the intersection of Houston and Elm.  The Muchmore frame shows the limo past the Court House on the way to the intersection.  Phil is on the NW corner of Houston and Main.  In a race between the two who do you think will arrive there first with Phil giving the limo a possible 100 feet or 120 feet head start?  Do you think he will get there first or even in his foolish statement before the limousine arrives on Elm Street.

"I wonder if there is a deceptive gif to follow with someone on the run as the limo turns onto Elm St.      hmmm"

Go ahead, I would love to see what you do with that.

Robin Unger's work shows you what the problem is on Phil Willis' run to the Elm Street corner.

dormancomposition-1-a.jpg

Edited by John Butler

14 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Paul,

There is free software on the net titled Easy Gif Animator.  It is simple and easy to use.  With it you can look at the individual frames of a .gif.  And, you can determine whether a newspaper is really a hat.  In this occasion the newspaper was a hat.  There are 43 frames in the .gif.  It seems that there is an alteration of blurred and clearer images.  But, that may just be the way the frames turned out.  However, Z frames 157 and 158 appear to be altered to suppress the image of Phil Willis.

8 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Paul,

That clip is the MPI version which includes the splice.

If you add in the missing frames from the Groden version, this is what it would look like.

btw, it's a hat not a newspaper.

19642a7d-d7e5-4a4a-91ae-8ef300280db8-ori

I see the difference Chris.  The movement makes more sense now.  I think you included, in the .gif, the frame with the splice--I can see it flash by oh so quickly.  I do believe that Willis' long leg and JFK's "dead body hanging over the edge of the limo" are artifacts of the splice.

2 hours ago, John Butler said:

Paul,

There is free software on the net titled Easy Gif Animator.  It is simple and easy to use.  With it you can look at the individual frames of a .gif.  And, you can determine whether a newspaper is really a hat.  In this occasion the newspaper was a hat.  There are 43 frames in the .gif.  It seems that there is an alteration of blurred and clearer images.  But, that may just be the way the frames turned out.  However, Z frames 157 and 158 appear to be altered to suppress the image of Phil Willis.

Thanks for the head's up on the gif animator John--I'm interested.

I've believed that the Zap film was altered for many years now.  My info is mostly from Doug Horne's work.  His interviews with Dino Brugioni are mind boggling, but, over the years, there were dozens of analyses I watched and read that convinced me.

At first, I was confused by what I was seeing in frame 157.  There were a number of things in that frame that were very strange, but once I realized that a splice was made in that frame, it became clear that these odd things are a result of a splice.

I'm not sure what your overall point is though, John.  You said "altered to suppress the image of Phil Willis".  Why would the film lab at Hawkeye Works have even bothered?  They had plenty enough to do already.  Is your point that the whole assassination was completed right there in the turn from Huston onto Elm?  I believe all Zap alterations were about hiding evidence of shots coming from anywhere but the 6th floor and giving time enough for one man on the 6th floor to complete the assassination.  Your thoughts?

Edited by Paul Bacon

Paul,

I am sorry that you misunderstood what I was saying.  Are you saying that the only Zapruder frame that was torn and spliced is frame 157?  Or, are frames 156, 158, and 159 also torn and spliced?  I have never heard that from anyone.  The two Davidson frames of frames 157 and 158, blacked and blurred, were not done by the Hawkeye works.  The ones below were.  Here is the set from 156 to 159.  Are they all torn and spliced?

z-frames-156-to-159.jpg

Edited by John Butler