The Education Forum

Ruby and the Western Union

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Ron:

Do you live in Florida?

To those of us who live in California, Publix is the Ralph's of Florida. 

Yes, I'm in the Sunshine State. What is Ralph's? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Lance Payette said:

Well, I probably wouldn't take my cat with me regardless of whether I were simply going to Western Union or also carrying out a Mafia-orchestrated hit on a Presidential assassin.  But surely I'd be far less likely to take her if I were carrying out a Mafia-orchestrated hit. 

These days such pets are called "emotional support animals."

A man planning on entering the basement of a police station to commit murder on live TV might need all the emotional support he can get to go thru with it.

On a more serious note, our topic is whether Jack Ruby's visit to the Western Union on Sunday morning, ostensibly to send a money order to "Little Lynn" Carlin, was in fact an excuse to be in the area at the moment "Oswald" was transferred, and thus provide an alibi for what otherwise would have been a clear case of first degree murder.

To most of us here, including me, Ruby's implied defense of "coincidence" is false. He planned to be there and used the Western Union visit as an excuse.

According to Karen Carlin, the stripper to whom Ruby wired the money on Sunday morning, Jack Ruby admitted that he had to go downtown anyway!

(Why Jack? Why did you have to go to downtown Dallas on Sunday morning?)

Mrs. CARLIN. Well, Jack answered the telephone. And I told him who it was, and he said, "Yes, well," and I said, "I have called, Jack, to try to get some money, because the rent is due and I need some money for groceries, and you told me to call."
And he said, "How much will you need?" And I said--I'll ask my husband, and then I said about "$25." 
Mr. Hubert. Your husband was in the room with you? 
Mrs. CARLIN. Yes. He was in the part of the front part of the house. And he said, "Well, I have to go downtown anyway, so I will send it to you by Western Union." And he asked me what name to send it in, and I told him, "Karen Bennett." 
Mr. Hubert. Was it arranged to be sent to your home or what? 
Mrs. CARLIN. No; to Western Union downtown. 

(Now, Jack Ruby and his time stamped Western Union Money Order seemed to provide an alibi - he just happened to be downtown and fortune intervened to make the murder of "Oswald" possible, according to the Warren Commission.)

However . . .

Jack Ruby's Sunday morning  trip downtown was

his SECOND TRIP to a location close to "Oswald" in 13 hours featuring a time stamp!

At 10:33 pm on Saturday night at the Nichols Parking Garage, Jack Ruby had the attendant time stamp the receipt that Ruby gave the attendant for reimbursement. Karen Carlin had borrowed $5 from the attendant at 9:30 and Ruby repaid the man an hour later. 

Mrs. CARLIN. Well, my husband then handed the phone to me and called me back to the phone so I got on the telephone and Jack said, "Tell the man at the garage, put him on the phone," and he said, "I will let you have $5 to get back home." And that was all that was said, and he gave me $5, and I signed a receipt, and that was all. 

So why did Ruby have the receipt on Saturday night time stamped by the attendant Huey Reeves when he showed up at 10:33 pm?

So he would have an alibi - to provide a "reason" he was downtown, near "Oswald." 

Gentlemen,  TWICE IN 13 HOURS JACK RUBY USED A TIME STAMPED RECEIPT TO PUT HIMSELF CLOSE TO "OSWALD".

THAT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE!

Why did Ruby close his club for the weekend?

So he could better coordinate the hit on "Oswald."

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh25/html/WC_Vol25_0122b.htm

That is good, I don't think I ever saw that one before.

Is it in a book?

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is good, I don't think I ever saw that one before.

Is it in a book?

Jim,

In Huey Reeves's testimony, he says that on Saturday night, Jack Ruby told Reeves that "he was waiting on a call or something from somebody or something and he told the girl he wasn't ready to come down . . ."

Mr. REEVES. Let’s see, I came to work at 7; it seemed to me like that Ruby was there when I got there. It seemed like he drove up and then he left and then came back, it seemed like, and that’s when he must have went home and this girl called him and then he was at home and he wasn’t ready yet. It seemed like he told me he was waiting on a call or something from somebody or something and he told the girl he wasn’t ready to come down, or he told me he wasn’t ready to give her the $5, you see, and he told me to give her the $5 and to make out a receipt. 

Combined with Karen Carlin Bennett's testimony I quoted in  my earlier post, we now have two sworn witnesses claiming that Jack Ruby admitted his movements downtown were directed by something other than the need to give money to "Little Lynn"!!!

WC attorney Leon Hubert was so concerned with the significance of this that he (stupidly) had Reeves clarify this, and sure enough, Reeves confirmed it!

Mr. HUBERT. But you are certain he didn’t tell you he was at home?

Mr. REEVES. No, sir ; he didn’t say where he was.

Mr. HUBERT. You did get the impression that he was?

Mr. REEVES. Yes ; that’s right, just my impression he was at home.

Mr. HUBERT. Do you know what that impression is based on?

Mr. REEVES. No, sir.

Mr. HUBERT. Is it on anything he said?

Mr. REEVES. No, sir ; he didn’t say anything about where he was.

Mr. HUBERT. But he did say he couldn’t come because he was waiting for a call?

Mr. REEVES. He was either waiting for a call or wasn’t ready or something to come down, I believe is what he said.

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh13/pdf/WH13_Reeves.pdf

Edited by Paul Jolliffe