The Education Forum

JFK murdered by Foreign Intelligence Operations in the USA

Jim Phelps

He did have abig head, didn't he. Well Minute Man rings a bell re oswalds own writings on them. A double bait with Oswald in the blind? Given it was 24 odd hours later it means it was after the huddle he had with Touchstone and co (Sullivan?) in Shreveport so it was by no means spontaneous irrespective of motivation.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the opprtunity while a Detroit cop to have a long conversation with a descendant of a Purple Gang member. He commented that conspiracies work best when they are lean and mean AND involve blood relatives exclusively.

Do I think there was a conspiracy? Absolutely! I, however, think the operator's were a very small group and most likely involved a Special Operations Team borowed from Vietnam. I had a partner in the Tac Unit who had been active in Phoenix-I verified his involvement with an Army Colonel I knew.

My partner indicated that Phoenix had done some "jobs" were outside of Vietnam. I thought he was talking about SE Asia, but he shook his head no and changed the subject.

Edited by Evan Marshall

From Plausible Denial by Mark Lane:

"Warren was a true believer, he suppressed the esential truth for the worst of all reasons, and through the best of all motive; he alone knew what was right for us. It is difficult, even in retrospect, to know which is more pathetic; his belief that the American people could not be trusted with the truth or his relieance for the truth upon the CIA.

Even if everything Warren had been told by the CIA was true, his repsonse, enforsed by President Johnson, explained by Eisenberg, and apologized away by Wirin, was unsupportable in a democratic society. Warren's primary sin, however, was not venality. It was monumental, mind-numbing stupity."

I think it is very important to understand not only how Warren was used in this plot, but how the Chief Justice reacted to these requests.

If just one man ( strong enough not to be killed or discredited ) would have stood up to the conspirators, it may have been stopped or at least exposed.

He did have abig head, didn't he. Well Minute Man rings a bell re oswalds own writings on them. A double bait with Oswald in the blind? Given it was 24 odd hours later it means it was after the huddle he had with Touchstone and co (Sullivan?) in Shreveport so it was by no means spontaneous irrespective of motivation.

John, I recommend a slow-read of the Deutsche-NationalZeitung interviews, because I keep getting the feeling that they were scripted. They don't sound natural in the slightest.

We know that the text was edited by the German editor, Dr. Gerhard Frey (whom Jim Phelps also names) in order to sound as bold as possible, but the result doesn't sound to me like a normal interview that was re-touched, rather, it sounds scripted from start to finish. I'd like your opinion on the actual texts.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

From Plausible Denial by Mark Lane:

"Warren was a true believer, he suppressed the esential truth for the worst of all reasons, and through the best of all motive; he alone knew what was right for us. It is difficult, even in retrospect, to know which is more pathetic; his belief that the American people could not be trusted with the truth or his relieance for the truth upon the CIA.

Even if everything Warren had been told by the CIA was true, his repsonse, enforsed by President Johnson, explained by Eisenberg, and apologized away by Wirin, was unsupportable in a democratic society. Warren's primary sin, however, was not venality. It was monumental, mind-numbing stupity."

I think it is very important to understand not only how Warren was used in this plot, but how the Chief Justice reacted to these requests.

If just one man ( strong enough not to be killed or discredited ) would have stood up to the conspirators, it may have been stopped or at least exposed.

Peter, although Mark Lane proved that he's a brilliant lawyer in taking on CIA agent Howard Hunt and convincing a jury that Hunt was lying, in my opinion that's all he accomplished. He only convinced a jury that Hunt lied about giving somebody some money for underground weapons. Basically that was it.

Yes, that's valuable, and very suspicious, but it proves nothing much to actually solve the JFK assassination.

So the CIA keeps secrets; we already knew that. Yet Marita Lorenz herself was not an eye-witness to any part of the operation at Dealy Plaza itself -- so the main result from Plausible Denial, in my humble opinion, is circumstantial innuendo.

Besides, the Warren Commission didn't rely mainly on the CIA for its information -- the Commission relied on the FBI for its investigation and information. The entire investigation was under the control of J. Edgar Hoover; and he lied from the start.

Furthermore, Earl Warren knew that J. Edgar Hoover was lying -- he wasn't stupid. So did all the members of the Warren Commission. When then Representative Gerald Ford wrote his book about the Warren Commission results, viz. Portrait of the Assassin (1965), he opened his book with the confession that the month of January, 1964 was used up in secret meetings to decide what to do with the evidence revealed by Dallas D.A. Henry Wade that Lee Harvey Oswald was a paid FBI informer.

Of course, their decision was that J. Edgar Hoover himself would need to submit sworn testimony to the Warren Commission that Oswald never had anything to do with the FBI. That was the end of that. But the evidence itself was never revealed by Warren or anybody else until the HSCA investigation 15 years later.

So, Mark Lane was incorrect to call Warren stupid. And he (along with Jim Garrison) was incorrect to lay so much emphasis on the CIA. The CIA was more of a passive observer.

What Jim Garrison and Mark Lane both missed, in my opinion, was the major role played by resigned Major General Edwin Walker in the movements of rightist activity in both Dallas and New Orleans in 1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

I had the opprtunity while a Detroit cop to have a long conversation with a descendant of a Purple Gang member. He commented that conspiracies work best when they are lean and mean AND involve blood relatives exclusively.

Do I think there was a conspiracy? Absolutely! I, however, think the operators were a very small group and most likely involved a Special Operations Team borrowed from Vietnam.

I had a partner in the Tac Unit who had been active in Phoenix-I verified his involvement with an Army Colonel I knew.

My partner indicated that Phoenix had done some "jobs" were outside of Vietnam. I thought he was talking about SE Asia, but he shook his head no and changed the subject.

Good post Evan.

Guest Tom Scully

I had the opprtunity while a Detroit cop to have a long conversation with a descendant of a Purple Gang member. He commented that conspiracies work best when they are lean and mean AND involve blood relatives exclusively.

Do I think there was a conspiracy? Absolutely! I, however, think the operators were a very small group and most likely involved a Special Operations Team borrowed from Vietnam.

I had a partner in the Tac Unit who had been active in Phoenix-I verified his involvement with an Army Colonel I knew.

Good post Evan.

Clover Todd Dulles Wed to Jens H. Jebsen In Chaped of Fifth...

New York Times - Apr 22, 1951

Miss Eleanor Lansing Thomas of New York, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor. The other bridal attendants were Mrs. Richard Bompard Veit, Miss Gregor ..

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/06/nyregion/06elliott.html?fta=y

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: December 6, 2006

....Eleanor Lansing Thomas Elliott was born in Manhattan on April 26, 1926. She graduated from Barnard in 1948 and became a writer and editor at Vogue magazine...

ANNE MACDONALD PROSPECTIVE BRIDE; Sophomore at ...

New York Times - Nov 1, 1946

Thomas and the late Mr. and Mrs. Sheridan Pitt Read. Miss Eleanor Lansing Thomas is his sister. Mr. Thomas is a member of Book and Snake of Yale, the Yale ...

STUART JOHNSON ! DIES AFTER FALL; -inancier Had Opened Home...

to Stalin's Daughter

New York Times - Mar 31, 1969

... House A. widower who lived alone he had dined last night at the home of Mr. and Mrs. James A. Thomas at 7 Wood Lane, in neighboring Locust Valley

Edited by Tom Scully

Do I think there was a conspiracy? Absolutely! I, however, think the operator's were a very small group and most likely involved a Special Operations Team borowed from Vietnam. . .

Evan, your observation does make a lot of sense. Furthermore, if a person has no blood relatives to rely upon in such underground activities, then I would suggest that the next best choice for fellow conspirators would be military subordinates.

The bonding experience of battle is second to none; and troops will almost always revere their commander after surviving such ordeals. Loyalty that is hard-earned is also strongly defended.

For this very reason, if (and only if) General Edwin Walker was the leader of the ground-crew in the JFK conspiracy, then his subordinates from the 24th Infantry Division - especially the ones who won sharpshooter awards under his command, and the ones who became rightist Minute Men when they returned to the USA - would be reasonable suspects to question.

In the summer of 1963, one of those Minute Men - a youth named John (Jack) Martin, made a home movie connecting footage of the bullet holes in General Walker's home with footage of Lee Harvey Oswald being arrested on Canal Street.

If I had a lot of money, I would pay it to Jack Martin for an interview.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I think that Evan is close to the truth...

Yeah, the military-industrial complex stood to lose a lot of money if we puled out of Vietnam early on. And the CIA? Well, I suggest that everyone read "The Strength of the Wolf" by Douglas Valentine. FWIW, Angleton is mentioned a few times in it. Remember, John Newman said that Angleton was the only person who could have planned, carried out, and covered up the assassination. And guess what? Angleton had Mafia connections!

--Tommy . :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

John, I recommend a slow-read of the Deutsche-NationalZeitung interviews, because I keep getting the feeling that they were scripted. They don't sound natural in the slightest.

We know that the text was edited by the German editor, Dr. Gerhard Frey (whom Jim Phelps also names) in order to sound as bold as possible, but the result doesn't sound to me like a normal interview that was re-touched, rather, it sounds scripted from start to finish. I'd like your opinion on the actual texts.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

IMO, there is a reason it sounds scripted. The story was published in Germany to circumvent US libel laws. The DMN couldn't publish those types of unsubstantiated allegations scot free. But it could republish what a European paper had printed without fear. And it did. On Dec6.

IMO, there is a reason [the German article] sounds scripted. The story was published in Germany to circumvent US libel laws. The DMN couldn't publish those types of unsubstantiated allegations scot free. But it could republish what a European paper had printed without fear. And it did. On Dec6.

Greg, I was just about to agree with you, but I just got a news flash from David Lifton, and I want to share it immediately.

David Lifton has an article from the 23 November 1963 issue of the Dallas Morning News -- the morning edition -- which has no by-line, but it reports that the Dallas Police Department was considering the possibility that Lee Harvey Oswald might have been General Walker's shooter back in April, 1963.

My jaw dropped, actually, because this means that somebody (the story does not say who) was contemplating this out loud at the DPD on the very night of the JFK assassination!

This scoops even Walker's interview with the Deutsche National Zeitung, which occurred at 7am the next morning! The DMN was already out in print at 7am!

Who submitted the story? If it wasn't Walker himself, then it was probably Robert Allen Surrey, who practically lived at Walker's home (at 4011 Turtle Creek Blvd) in Dallas, since Surrey was the President of Walker's American Eagle Publishing Company in partnership with General Walker. Surrey (also a publisher and a member of the American Nazi Party) was a firm supporter of General Walker (and a bridge partner of FBI Agent James Hosty) and even drove to Mississippi with Walker to oversee the Ole Miss race riot of 1962.

I'm pretty sure that Surrey was the author of that DMN story, because the very next day he gave a similar story to the Dallas Times Herald, and he was named in that article. (Thanks to David Lifton for that data as well.)

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo