The Education Forum

Gerald Posner

Peter Fokes

Amid additional allegations of plagiarism, journalist and South Beach resident Gerald Posner announced via his blog and Twitter that he has resigned from The Daily Beast, the year-old Internet news publication co-founded by Tina Brown.

Posner wrote that his boss, Daily Beast Executive Editor Edward Felsenthal, called him on Wednesday to say an internal investigation had "uncovered more instances'' of "apparent plagiarism.''

"I instantly offered my resignation and Edward accepted,'' Posner posted on his blog -- geraldpos ner.blogspot.com. Posner is The Daily Beast'schief investigative journalist.

Jack Shafer, a writer for Slate.com, reported last week that Posner had lifted five sentences from a Miami Herald article about the battle over the late Ben Novack Jr.'s estate.

On Monday, Shafer reported more instances of plagiarism by Posner from a Miami Herald blog, a Miami Herald editorial, Texas Lawyer magazine and a healthcare journalism blog.

This is not the first time Posner has been found guilty of plagiarism. He lifted great chunks of the Warren Report for "Case Closed".

See, the CIA just can't get the kind of literate help that it could back in the golden days when Howard Hunt forged the Sirhan and Bremer diaries, and James Angleton, with his T. S. Eliot manner, was always around to edit and contribute some lines. So the Posner plagiarism is attributable to the low-GS-rating hacks who actually research and write Posner's stuff. They were sloppy and untalented; Posner's a victim of economic and moral recession.*

*Thanx and a tip o'the hat to - Mark Twain

(edited for comedy)

Edited by David Andrews

• 3 years later...

"People focus too much on the forensics at Dealey Plaza." - Gerald Posner, TV show, "Did the Mob kill JFK?" 2009

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Let's discount science shall we? It was humiliating enough for Posner when this quote was broadcast, but even worse, the show juxtaposed Posner with Dr. Cyril Wecht to make Posner look absolutely ridiculous.

I posted this on Deep Politics, and it even sounds more bizarre when I post it here now!

He may release a book of illustrations only no text it's called

Face Closed.