The Education Forum

Ruth Paine lecture.

I was doing local research and just found this article from a local newspaper. Ruth Paine gave a lecture regarding LHO and Marina here in Sonoma County. I had no idea she lived in my area. I wish I would have known about this earlier...

http://www.petaluma360.com/article/20130910/ARTICLES/130919956/0/APA?Title=Smith-Santa-Rosa-woman-recalls-Kennedy-killer

Dave

Edited by David Redemer

I was doing local research and just found this article from a local newspaper. Ruth Paine gave a lecture regarding LHO and Marina here in Sonoma County. I had no idea she lived in my area. I wish I would have known about this earlier...

http://www.petaluma360.com/article/20130910/ARTICLES/130919956/0/APA?Title=Smith-Santa-Rosa-woman-recalls-Kennedy-killer

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

Hey Dave, she lives in an assistant living facility, but seems like her mind is still sharp. Maybe they'll let you visit her with a tape recorder, for an "oral history" interview, but check to see if there's a video of her giving the talk first and make sure you don't duplicate any of the info she has already given out.

She's a very interesting person, and while she testified extensively before Warren Commission, they didn't ask her a lot of important questions, and inexplicably neither she nor her ex-Michael Paine were called to testify before the HSCA or ARRB.

Maybe you can do what the government failed to do?

Hi Bill,

I looked up the retirement community, it's 0.7 miles from my house...weird. I propose that the researchers on this forum help comprise a list off unanswered questions and I will see if I can obtain an interview.

Dave

Dave, I'll give you some deep background on her before you go. You should make arrangements ahead of time. And be sure and be polite and not accusatory as you will represent all JFK researchers, and some are just rude and reflect bad on everyone who has legitimate questions. It's also important to get it on audio tape, if not audio-video - and she will agree that its important for accuracy and you don't want to misquote her.

BK

Hi Bill,

I looked up the retirement community, it's 0.7 miles from my house...weird. I propose that the researchers on this forum help comprise a list off unanswered questions and I will see if I can obtain an interview.

Dave

Dave, I'll give you some deep background on her before you go. You should make arrangements ahead of time. And be sure and be polite and not accusatory as you will represent all JFK researchers, and some are just rude and reflect bad on everyone who has legitimate questions. It's also important to get it on audio tape, if not audio-video - and she will agree that its important for accuracy and you don't want to misquote her.

BK

Also, to keep from cutting your own name off, make sure that you let the tape recorder run for about five seconds before you start talking. And make a copy for yourself before you sent the original to anybody...

--Tommy :sun

Dave

Here is an article I posted not long ago about Ruth Paine. The article gave notice of her pending lecture.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20436

Hi Bill,

Dave

BK

Also, to keep from cutting your own name off, make sure that you let the tape recorder run for about five seconds before you start talking. And make a copy for yourself before you sent the original to anybody...

--Tommy :sun

Tommy, I tried to send you a PM to get you to advise Dave, but your box is full. And I have heard back from Baylor Library and they will archive any oral history tapes and transcripts that are compiled.

You can send the consent form but it isn't necessary as long as you identify yourself on the tape and say that you are taping it for accuracy and your subject knows you are taping them.

And make sure you don't have the pause button on the whole time.

BK

I have to honestly ask you guys, given that I personally believe the Paine's were CIA, what do you believe you will extract from her today? I honestly believe it is worth it but when i think of this I think of 'iceskating uphill'. I wish she were in a legal position (without absolutely any help from the agencies whatsoever) to tell the truth and be skillfully cross examined...though she'd probably play the age/fading memory card.....which, while possible I am sure she knows all too well and still some very dirty secrets.

It depends if she was "witting" or "unwitting" and if she was a contractor or an employee. If she's a real CIA employee then I think you'd get nothing from her because she would have a pension at stake.

If she was "unwitting" and feels she was taken advantage of, then maybe you might get some info.

No harm in trying.

Maybe, do it in two meetings, one to just get her story without asking too much and get her to relax and trust you. The next, to ask the hard questions.

It depends if she was "witting" or "unwitting" and if she was a contractor or an employee. If she's a real CIA employee then I think you'd get nothing from her because she would have a pension at stake.

If she was "unwitting" and feels she was taken advantage of, then maybe you might get some info.

No harm in trying.

Maybe, do it in two meetings, one to just get her story without asking too much and get her to relax and trust you. The next, to ask the hard questions.

With her and Michael's Eastern Establishment and CIA ties I highly doubt she was unwitting but no harm in trying is certainly true. I just can't imagine such a loyal asset giving up much unless pressured under oath and without any 'secret' help (if you know what I mean).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

Dave

As I am sure you are all aware, this forum is under constant scrutiny by the govt., and, that said, I would suggest a quick trip to visit Ruth in order to interrupt any form of briefing she may be given on how to handle the interview.

Guest Robert Morrow

Hi Bill,

Dave

Do the interview if she will. Get it on tape. Bone up on Ruth Paine - read Spartacus Education forum. Email Jim DiEugenio for questions to ask her. If you need DiEugenio's email address just PM me.

Huge opportunity. Maybe if you play your cards right you can get several interviews.