The Education Forum

Silvia Odio and Other Inconvenient Witnesses

Mr. Trejo, when Gerry Hemming called Oswald on 11/21/1963, where did he call: the TSBD, Oswald's boarding house, or Ruth Paine's house?

And how do we confirm this?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Trejo, when Gerry Hemming called Oswald on 11/21/1963, where did he call: the TSBD, Oswald's boarding house, or Ruth Paine's house?

Well, Mark, we're in luck, because A.J. Weberman -- the very person to whom Gerry Patrick Hemming made his confession about phoning Oswald on 11/21/1963 to offer him double the price of his Carnano rifle for bringing it to the TSBD building the next morning -- is a member of this very Forum.

It would be great if someone would tempt the great gentleman to respond to this important question, which I regard as one of the central clues to finally solving the JFK murder after a half-century.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Original post deleted.

Sorry Paul, on my original reading of your last post, I thought you were suggesting that GPH join the discussion and, of course, he is no longer with us.

It was Weberman that you invited to join us and, like you, I would be interested to hear anything that A J Weberman would care to contribute.

Actually, I'd like to buy him a beer sometime, or a Coke, shoot the breeze, you know?

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Well, Mark, we're in luck, because A.J. Weberman -- the very person to whom Gerry Patrick Hemming made his confession about phoning Oswald on 11/21/1963 to offer him double the price of his Carnano rifle for bringing it to the TSBD building the next morning -- is a member of this very Forum.

It would be great if someone would tempt the great gentleman to respond to this important question, which I regard as one of the central clues to finally solving the JFK murder after a half-century.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

In other words...you have no idea where he allegedly called Oswald...is that correct?

Therefore, you don't REALLY know that part of the evidence...but it's another big part of your theory nonetheless.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

In other words...you have no idea where he allegedly called Oswald...is that correct?

Therefore, you don't REALLY know that part of the evidence...but it's another big part of your theory nonetheless.

"Therefore, you don't REALLY know that part of the evidence...but it's another big part of your theory nonetheless."

Mark, can this be interpreted as 'IF you don't REALLY know that part of the evidence , then you can't legitimately consider it as a part of any theory? If every detail is known absolutely, wouldn't it be more FACT than THEORY?

Are Nutters to be held to this same standard? Don't most nutters believe that LHO killed JFK all alone yet have absoloutely no proof, so they 'don't REALLY know that part of the evidence?

So, Mark, you're saying that A.J. Weberman's interview with Gerry Patrick Hemming should be disqualified as evidence in JFK murder research?

Again -- shouldn't you be taking this up with A.J. Weberman?

After all, he's the one who reported this important confession by Gerry Patrick Hemming.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

For everybody else, it may be worthwhile to note that the topic of Gerry Patrick Hemming is related to the theme of this thread, "Silvia Odio," through a suspicious character named Loran Hall.

Although Silvia Odio would not identity Loran Hall from mug shots shown to her by the FBI and Gaeton Fonzi as the "Leopoldo" who came to her door at about 8pm on Wed25Sep1963, still, the FBI picked up Loran Hall for questioning in the matter of Silvia Odio's claim that "Leopoldo" came to her door with "Angelo" and Lee Harvey Oswald, whom they introduced as "Leon Oswald".

Loran Hall initially confessed that he (a Cuban-American) and Larry Howard (a Mexican-American) were indeed at Silvia Odio's doorstep in late September 1963, indeed seeking funds and support for further raids on Castro's Cuba.

There is more to the story, but let's start at this point. Loran Hall was once a member of "Interpen" and earlier with "Patrick's Raiders", both led by Gerry Patrick Hemming. Larry Howard had also been a member.

Both Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall are known to have visited Ex-General Edwin Walker at his Dallas home, several times in 1963, along with other members of Interpen.

In a well-known episode in the JFK murder saga, the rifle of Gerry Patrick Hemming (a Johnson semi-automatic 30.06 rifle, capable of shooting 600 rounds per minute) was found in Dallas by the FBI on 11/22/1963, and the fingerprints of Roy Payne were found all over it.

They contacted Roy Payne through his employer, Dick Hathcock in California. Yes, they admitted to the FBI, they had possession of this weapon because they are pawn brokers, and the rifle was pawned to them earlier in the year by Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall, and redeemed in late November by Loran Hall.

When the FBI contacted Gerry Patrick Hemming in Miami about the rifle, he lost his temper at Loran Hall; Hemming thought Loran Hall (whom he claimed was in Dallas on 11/22/1963) was trying to implicate Hemming (who was in Miami on 11/22/1963) in the murder of JFK.

Because of the force with which J. Edgar Hoover promoted the "Lone Nut" theory of the JFK murder, further digging into the involvement of Loran Hall in the murder of JFK was halted.

IMHO, the JFK murder evidence continues to point to those people in New Orleans identified by Jim Garrison in 1968, as well as these members of Interpen (who also had dealings with that New Orleans radical right underground).

Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall were, IMHO, clearly part of the JFK Kill Team. Their interaction with Ex-General Edwin Walker in 1963 confirms this. The Silvia Odio incident also confirms this, IMHO.

Notice, finally, that none of these characters was an employee of the US Government in 1963. That's why I propose that the JFK murder was a Civilian Plot, planned and executed by the Radical Right, with only a few rogues in the CIA and MI as bureaucratic support.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

So, Mark, you're saying that A.J. Weberman's interview with Gerry Patrick Hemming should be disqualified as evidence in JFK murder research?

Again -- shouldn't you be taking this up with A.J. Weberman?

After all, he's the one who reported this important confession by Gerry Patrick Hemming.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

As with anyone Paul... Authenticate the evidence.

If all we have is Gerry's word then that's all we have. Hemming had something to say about everythin and everyone - whether he knew or not...

He was a master of mixing some truth into a pile of assumptions for some credibility... yet from all that I've followed up on from his words, it never seems to pan out...

You trying to fit Hall into the Odio story is really too bad... the FBI was doing all it could to discredit her, so they decided who it must be and went with that... they were wrong from the start and knew it.

When fully investigated they too learned they were wrong - but made little fanfare in owning up to that fact.

Do any of the Hemming personalities corroborate his words? if so, please point it out or just say that you believe Hemming becasue you do... and for very little other reason

David, that's a well presented synopsis of Hemming's reliability. I would love to hear Weberman's details on when GPH said that and what details he provided. The

point raised above on what telephone number is a great one as well, hard to think he called the Paines that evening and Ruth would not have picked up the call. I had

never given any credit to Hemmings remark about the rifle but if its to be taken seriously the telephone call itself becomes a matter for examination.

David, that's a well presented synopsis of Hemming's reliability. I would love to hear Weberman's details on when GPH said that and what details he provided. The point raised above on what telephone number is a great one as well, hard to think he called the Paines that evening and Ruth would not have picked up the call. I had never given any credit to Hemmings remark about the rifle but if its to be taken seriously the telephone call itself becomes a matter for examination.

Some speculation is called for when critical data is missing because of US classification.

A more plausible guess would be that GPH called Oswald at a public phone that they reserved for the purpose. Again, just because a person is a great xxxx doesn't mean he shouldn't be a suspect in the JFK murder.

We do have a few people who confessed -- Frank Sturgis, Jack S. Martin, David Ferrie, Tom Beckham, Lee Oswald ("I'm a Patsy!"), David Morales, Howard Hunt, Johnny Martino, and IMHO, Gerry Patrick Hemming.

I hope somebody here does know how to coax A.J. Weberman into a respectful discussion of his historical interviews with Gerry Patrick Hemming.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul, I don't see what document classification has to do with Hemming's statement? As far as I know we only have Weberman's remarks about Hemming saying that - perhaps Hemming repeated it somewhere else and if anyone knows that they could help by posting it here. Beyond that there is no evidence that Hemming was in any sort of ongoing personal contact with Oswald and I cannot recall Hemming claiming that anywhere else - again, if someone has a source on that please post it. I don't know AJ myself nor anyone who is close to him so I'm not sure how to get a message to him. Perhaps someone who has searched his "nodules" might add some detail on the purported Hemming call.

Speculation is fine, but without some sort of minimal corroboration it doesn't take us very far....and you have to admit a call from Hemming to Oswald in Dallas the day before the assassination is a pretty major point.

Weberman is a member of this forum but hasn't posted in years. I just looked at his websites for contact information but they have been "seized."

What do members make of AJ Weberman in general? Most of the time he seems completely loony but at times he is capable of level-headed and unbiased research. I just don't know how valuable anything from Hemming (a noted xxxx) to Weberman (often gullible) would be.

I've seen Weberman post on one Facebook page I view occasionally so he' still around somewhere. Of course Hemming routinely said that he made up stories and fed them to Weberman just for entertainment and in other instances he claimed Weberman totally misunderstood him. But of course Hemming said the same thing about Joan Mellon and the "help" he gave her on the Odio incident - which of course involved Murgado and de Torres rather than Paul's suspects. As far as I can tell if Hemming ever made a slip and told somebody something that might be important he would later blow it away in some fashion.

As to Weberman, I was fascinated by his material for ages but then realized I was having a hard time figuring out where he would have gotten much of it; without being able to judge that I became more neutral. But it was all totally fascinating in the beginning. After investigating some of his material in the book on the tramps I also became a bit more disenchanted - that also fueled my issues with photos since at first his photo work seemed awesome and it had to be Sturgis in the picture. Then during my "photo period" I came across a shot of Sturgis with Pedro Diaz Lantz and his brother and darn it the brother was a total look alike for the tramp, much more than Sturgis. At that point I began to realize how easy it was to see what you wanted to see in the Plaza photos.

So....beats me, I'm sure there is important material in Weberman's work, but there is a real challenge in sourcing it....at least for me.

Paul - I think that, when you use a supposed Weberman conversation with Hemming that fits nicely with your general theory, you need to take responsibility for its veracity as much as possible. Neither Weberman or Hemming are reliable sources as you well know. Positing later that Hemming and Oswald might have used a pay phone to communicate is - well, begging the question that Mark Knight asked.

Weberman is a member of this forum but hasn't posted in years. I just looked at his websites for contact information but they have been "seized."

What do members make of AJ Weberman in general? Most of the time he seems completely loony but at times he is capable of level-headed and unbiased research. I just don't know how valuable anything from Hemming (a noted xxxx) to Weberman (often gullible) would be.

It's a good question, Brian. I'll also offer what I make of A.J. Weberman in general:

First, I agree firmly with Weberman that Gerry Patrick Hemming is suspect number one when it comes to the Ground Crew -- even though Hemming was in Miami when JFK was murdered. Hemming knew more details -- and he lied so much -- that one must ask where all these lies came from.

IMHO, and possibly in Weberman's -- I'd like to ask him -- all Hemming's lies came directly from Hemming's guilt based on knowledge.

Hemming was a great xxxx -- but sometimes even liars can be caught in their own tangled web. Hemming confessed to being part of the JFK plot to A.J. Weberman. Now - he wasn't under oath, and Hemming wasn't on trial. It was just a friendly interview. But there it was.

Nor would Hemming be the first to confess. Frank Sturgis practically boasted about it. Jim Garrison got Jack S. Martin to confess. David Morales confessed it to his childhood friend while drunk; Johnny Martino confessed to his son; Howard Hunt on his deathbed confessed to his son.

If Weberman's interview can be tested and passes the proofs, then I believe the JFK murder has already been solved, actually -- because Interpen ties together every single one of the players who have already confessed, into the history of Ex-General Walker..

So, Brian, to answer your question. I believe that A.J. Weberman has come closer to solving the JFK murder than any other writer in the past 50 years.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo