The Education Forum

Ruby's Motive for Murder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwitny Report on JFK Assassination (1988)

Just watched this.

I am sure many here might see some flaws in John Davis's proposition that the Mafia ( mainly ) killed JFK.  However he brings up many facts ( ones we all probably have read before ) regarding Ruby and his much deeper involvement with high ranking members ( Tafficante, Marcello, Chicago and Teamsters muscle )  that are still worth hearing again to understand Ruby as more than just a small time strip joint owner who loved buying and delivering Kosher sandwiches to the DPD and cuddling with his Dachshund wife Sheba.

One thing Davis said in this debate video about Dallas Police Sergeant Patrick Dean (head of DPD basement security for the Oswald transfer) rang an intriguing bell.

DPD Sergeant Patrick Dean had dinner ( I assume one on one ) with the Dallas Mafia member who attended the Appalachian conference.  

Dean has always rattled my suspicious mind cage.

Edited by Joe Bauer

14 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Conspicuously, The WC surfaces findings, from the Carousel crew at least, are that Ruby always had a gun; even if it was in his trunk.

Michael,

Seth Kantor's book, Who Was Jack Ruby? (1978) is mandatory to know Jack Ruby.  

Seth Kantor was an educated man -- unlike most of Jack Ruby's associates. 

Seth Kantor was also a witness for the Warren Commission -- he is a primary source. 

Of course Jack Ruby always had a gun with him -- he dealt in cash in a big town.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Kwitny Report on JFK Assassination (1988)

Just watched this.

I am sure many here might see some flaws in John Davis's proposition that the Mafia ( mainly ) killed JFK.  However he brings up many facts ( ones we all probably have read before ) regarding Ruby and his much deeper involvement with high ranking members ( Tafficante, Marcello, Chicago and Teamsters muscle )  that are still worth hearing again to understand Ruby as more than just a small time strip joint owner who loved buying and delivering Kosher sandwiches to the DPD and cuddling with his Dachshund wife Sheba.

One thing Davis said in this debate video about Dallas Police Sergeant Patrick Dean (head of DPD basement security for the Oswald transfer) rang an intriguing bell.

DPD Sergeant Patrick Dean had dinner ( I assume one on one ) with the Dallas Mafia member who attended the Appalachian conference.  

Dean has always rattled my suspicious mind cage.

Joe,

The notion that the Mafia killed JFK was the main output of the flawed HSCA report (1979) led by Robert Blakey.  Yet Blakey later refused to stand by his own report.

Jim Garrison (1968) had already reviewed and rejected the Mafia-did-it CT.  The Mafia didn't have the power or the guts to hit a US President.

What complicated things was Cuba and Fidel Castro -- in that mess, the CIA and JFK wanted to get rid of Fidel Castro, and they secretly used anybody who was willing to help, including Cuban Exiles, US paramilitary mercenaries, and the Mafia.  These unfortunate creatures would then go around boasting that they were CIA agents.

This is the part that fooled even researchers like Joan Mellen -- and she has considered the following to be CIA agents: David Ferrie, Fred Crisman, Jack S. Martin, Tommy Beckham, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall, Frank Sturgis and various members of Interpen.

In fact -- all those characters were mercenaries -- and not part of the CIA at all.

On the other side of the fence, the Mafia-did-it CTers have named the same mercenaries as Mafia gophers.

This is why Jeff Caufield's recent book (2015) is so valuable -- it correctly names these mercenaries for what they really were -- members of the US Radical Right.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I am not a proponent of "The Mafia" mainly killed JFK.

I don't agree with the Kwitny report slant.

I just referred to the debate video because of it's content on Ruby.

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I am not a proponent of "The Mafia" mainly killed JFK.

I don't agree with the Kwitny report slant.

I just referred to the debate video because of it's content on Ruby.

Joe,

Have you read Seth Kantor's brilliant book, Who Was Jack Ruby? (1978)

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Kantor's book is not brilliant.

It is the product of a good reporter who did some leg work at the time.  

It is still the best book on Ruby, but only because no one has set about to deliberately surpass it. With all the new material we have today, it could be done.

Ruby has turned out to be a complex, multi faceted character who has ties to more than one power center: organized crime, the FBI, the DPD, the CIA.  And he was involved in the illegal transport  of several different types of contraband.  Rose Cheramie had some interesting things to say about this.  But they were not followed up by either the WC or the DPD.  Garrison did some work on it and so did the HSCA.  But the trail was too cold by then.

What the HSCA did with Ruby's polygraph was one of the best things in their reporting.  After they exposed it as a deliberate sham, the question then became: why did Hoover rig that test?  This is a major point that Kantor did not address in his book in any systematic way.  (See Kantor. pages 340-50)  But in my view, it is very important, maybe crucial. Did Hoover know Ruby was going to lie?  Did Ruby know that the Bureau would cover up for him if he did?

Ironically, way back during the WC, two staff lawyers understood that the way to link Ruby with Oswald was through that illegal contraband transport. In fact Leon Hubert and Burt Griffin wrote that "We believe the possibility exists, based on the evidence already available, that Ruby was involved in illegal dealings with Cuban elements who might have had contact with Oswad."  (Reclaiming Parkland, p. 351)  

This was written in May of 1964. When Griffin testified in executive session for the HSCA, he was asked whatever happened to that investigative trail.  He said that he then requested materials from the CIA.  He never got a reply until September.  Which was useless since the report was being printed.

What Ruby did that weekend was clearly planned, and was then adroitly camouflaged to disguise the plan.  And IMO, the timing is linked to Oswald's  John Hurt call attempt.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Kantor's book is not brilliant.

It is the product of a good reporter who did some leg work at the time.  

It is still the best book on Ruby, but only because no one has set about to deliberately surpass it. With all the new material we have today, it could be done.

Ruby has turned out to be a complex, multi faceted character who has ties to more than one power center: organized crime, the FBI, the DPD, the CIA.  And he was involved in the illegal transport  of several different types of contraband.  Rose Cheramie had some interesting things to say about this.  But they were not followed up by either the WC or the DPD.  Garrison did some work on it and so did the HSCA.  But the trail was too cold by then.

What the HSCA did with Ruby's polygraph was one of the best things in their reporting.  After they exposed it as a deliberate sham, the question then became: why did Hoover rig that test?  This is a major point that Kantor did not address in his book in any systematic way.  (See Kantor. pages 340-50)  But in my view, it is very important, maybe crucial. Did Hoover know Ruby was going to lie?  Did Ruby know that the Bureau would cover up for him if he did?

Ironically, way back during the WC, two staff lawyers understood that the way to link Ruby with Oswald was through that illegal contraband transport. In fact Leon Hubert and Burt Griffin wrote that "We believe the possibility exists, based on the evidence already available, that Ruby was involved in illegal dealings with Cuban elements who might have had contact with Oswad."  (Reclaiming Parkland, p. 351)  

This was written in May of 1964. When Griffin testified in executive session for the HSCA, he was asked whatever happened to that investigative trail.  He said that he then requested materials from the CIA.  He never got a reply until September.  Which was useless since the report was being printed.

What Ruby did that weekend was clearly planned, and was then adroitly camouflaged to disguise the plan.  And IMO, the timing is linked to Oswald's  John Hurt call attempt.

In the fantasy world of the CIA-did-it CTers, Jack Ruby was a genius, with ties to all centers of the US Government and the Mafia.

For Seth Kantor, who knew Jack Ruby personally, Jack Ruby was just one more flashy pimp, who would do anything the Dallas cops told him to do. 

Jack Ruby had nothing to do with the JFK murder.   Jack Ruby had everything to do with the Oswald murder.   The two murders were strictly separate.  In the original DPD plan, Oswald should have been killed by 2pm on 11/22/1963.  Jack Ruby was part of a half-baked backup Plan B.

Read Seth Kantor. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Can you please indicate where in Caufield's book he implicates the DPD as part of Walker's plot?

Or is this just more unsubstantiated scribbling by you to idle away your day?

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can you please indicate where in Caufield's book he implicates the DPD as part of Walker's plot?

Or is this just more unsubstantiated scribbling by you to idle away your day?

James,

Jeff Caufield pinpoints two Dallas cops in his book, namely, Roscoe White and J.D. Tippit for special scrutiny.  

Tippit is more closely linked with General Walker than I ever knew.

Regards,

--Paul 

ALright, now can you be specific about how he pinpoints them?

You know, how does he make their connections to Walker?

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

ALright, now can you be specific about how he pinpoints them?

You know, how does he make their connections to Walker?

James,

Let's look at J.D. Tippit first.  Jeff Caufield was the first ever to document that General Walker's select group of John Birch Society fanatics met at Austin's Bar-B-Q in Dallas on weekends, and that J.D. Tippit had access to those meetings because Tippit worked at Austin's Bar-B-Q on weekends.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo