The Education Forum

Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

Re; phone billing, the 1964 wash calls were likely to Mrs. Lincoln, JFK's Secretary.The unclear notations

if possible could confirm, not likely any call made to Washington Bureau.

Re; joining FPCC. In spite of Guevara's firing squad death threatening interrogation, I remained emotionally

attached to the great Revolution and was briefly convinced FPCC would actually be of great assistance

to us.

Edited by Harry J.Dean
ad

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

It's pretty rare to see a bold faced stern instruction like the one below from Hoover.  I don't think I've seen him use the personal pronoun-type word "my" like this to so pointedly call a communication his own.  (My feeling is that most routine HQ communications with the Director's name are actually written by subordinates.)

Note again the stipulation of "two mature and experienced agents."   Note also the deadline for a reply.  This may mean nothing, it may be a sign Hoover is really serious, or......

.....I've never seen Hoover add a deadline and I've only seen the instruction about using two mature/experienced agents in one other communication out of about 4000 I've looked at in the past few weeks --- and that was when I suspected Hoover suspected the Dallas office of manipulating/obscuring/hiding information re: radical right.   My total speculation with no supporting evidence is that Hoover tells a field office to send two mature/experienced agents when he is already annoyed at something the field office did and wants to avoid the possibility of a single agent unilaterally deflecting or skirting orders.

So, if you put on your tinfoil conspiracy hat, this Airtel could really mean something, eh?   Or maybe it means nothing at all....

Jason

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_9_55_44_PM.png

Jason,

In my reading, this memo from J. Edgar Hoover about Harry Dean dated four days after the JFK assassination intends to sharply distance the FBI from Harry Dean.

In other words, the FBI was preparing to disavow anything that Harry Dean might say about the JFK Assassination.

Harry claims that the Chicago FBI had accepted data about the J26M and the FPCC for months 1960-1961, and I expect to find FBI records confirming this.

After the JFK Assassination, however, the FBI evidently insisted on disavowing any willing contact between the FBI and Harry Dean.

This memo by J. Edgar Hoover himself apparently confirms my observation.

Hoover -- in a post-assassination panic -- wants Harry Dean to stop linking himself to the FBI -- and he sends two FBI agents out to convince Harry.

Because Harry was a genuine information provider to the Chicago FBI (although unpaid) for such a long time -- this is more complicated that it may appear at first glance.   Please keep digging, Jason.  I'm confident that Harry's account will be confirmed.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

10 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul -

I find these routing cover sheets are little-used clues.   This is precisely the kind of example that indicates there's plenty more in the files that has never been requested because the nominal file header is not explicitly marked assassination related.  There's a lot more out there if all these numerous file numbers are any indication of what's left unseen.

Note date.  They were compiling a lot connected to Harry Dean in these weeks.   I'll see if I can use these file numbers and find out who they managed to connect....

Jason

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_9_45_37_PM.png

Jason,

This is SUPERIOR research.  I have seen NOTHING like this since I first joined the Forum back in 2011.

You have uncovered an FBI document dated early December 1963, reflecting a big, fat file on Harry Dean.

I hope you can find every one of those documents cited, so that we can review any that have never been seen before.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

re; Why FPCC member/officer 1960. Soon on learnd my fellow Fair play for Cuba

Committee officers were Illinois Communist Party leaders, Richard Criley and

John Rossen, so decided to sink them, even though Havana ordered all 

26 July members to join FPCC.

re; Agent-in-Charge, Los Angeles, Wes Grapp and I meeting of March 1964,  

to confirm earlier JFK information mentioned to my usual in-person and telephone

agent contacts .

5 minutes ago, Harry J.Dean said:

re; Why FPCC member/officer 1960. Soon on learnd my fellow Fair play for Cuba Committee officers were Illinois Communist Party leaders, Richard Criley and John Rossen, so decided to sink them, even though Havana ordered all  26 July members to join FPCC.

re; Agent-in-Charge, Los Angeles, Wes Grapp and I meeting of March 1964,   to confirm earlier JFK information mentioned to my usual in-person and telephone  agent contacts .

Harry,

Thanks for the public confirmation.   This is relevant to Jason's current scanning of FBI records from the early 1960's.   I hope Jason uses your date here: March 1964, as well as your specific naming of FBI agent, Wesley Grapp, who was an FBI SAC in Los Angeles in 1964, but was an FBI SAC in other States in 1963, IIRC, in Chicago.

It is precisely this meeting with Wesley Grapp which has been in question on this Forum, as these FBI records have not yet surfaced.   Yet March 1964 is the date, and Wesley Grapp is the agent to search!

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

6 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

In my reading, this memo from J. Edgar Hoover about Harry Dean dated four days after the JFK assassination intends to sharply distance the FBI from Harry Dean.

In other words, the FBI was preparing to disavow anything that Harry Dean might say about the JFK Assassination.

Harry claims that the Chicago FBI had accepted data about the J26M and the FPCC for months 1960-1961, and I expect to find FBI records confirming this.

After the JFK Assassination, however, the FBI evidently insisted on disavowing any willing contact between the FBI and Harry Dean.

This memo by J. Edgar Hoover himself apparently confirms my observation.

Hoover -- in a post-assassination panic -- wants Harry Dean to stop linking himself to the FBI -- and he sends two FBI agents out to convince Harry.

Because Harry was a genuine information provider to the Chicago FBI (although unpaid) for such a long time -- this is more complicated that it may appear at first glance.   Please keep digging, Jason.  I'm confident that Harry's account will be confirmed.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Sounds like something I've heard many times, when an intelligence organization is working with an individual in some capacity, official/unofficial, paid/unpaid, will say, "If you get caught, or something comes up, we'll deny we know you, no matter what."

It all looks to me like Harry volunteered to inform on FPCC, not that the FBI hired him or even asked him to do so. Is this info supposed to shed light on Harry's membership in the Minutemen and his statement that SoCal was at the heart of the JFK conspiracy?

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

It all looks to me like Harry volunteered to inform on FPCC, not that the FBI hired him or even asked him to do so. Is this info supposed to shed light on Harry's membership in the Minutemen and his statement that SoCal was at the heart of the JFK conspiracy?

Paul B.,

There are two main phases to Harry Dean's political activities -- first, as a connection to Fidel Castro in Chicago -- and second, as a connection to the Minutemen in California.

The single entity that links both phases is the FBI.  

Yet the FBI has disavowed Harry Dean for the past 50 years.  That's the issue.

By uncovering all these buried FBI records about Harry Dean, it seems to me that Jason is doing a GREAT service for the Walker-did-it CT.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

So far Jason is uncovering FBI denials. But clearly Dean was informing FBI on FPCC whether they asked or not. Whether he had a meeting  face to face is still up in the air right? If Jason uncovers meetings with FBI, or letters from Dean to FBI about a minuteman plot to kill JFK that would be interesting. Dean says he turned against FPCC because of communists in the org. Does he also say he turned against Minutemen because they were plotting an assassination attempt? When  I ask this question I'm wondering if Dean is saying that Hoover knew an assassination attempt was in the works and did nothing to stop it. Is that what you think?

Edited by Paul Brancato

On 10/2/2017 at 1:32 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Paul - I think your definition of Radical Right  fits what historians termed Ultra Right. Still I would stick to my main point, which is that the 'Radical Right' as seen in KKK or Congress for Freedom or Whits Citizens Council were singularly ineffectual in bringing about radical change by assassination and yet very successful over time in creating what we are witnessing today, all done by legal if unethical means - gerrymandering, voter suppression being two examples. Their goals weren't t to kill leaders. That may have been their stated methods, but their goals were to strengthen white rule and negate demographic changes. Are not Trump, and the Tea Party movement which led to this anti big government takeover, the result?

Did the 'Radical Right' continue to make noise after JFK the way they did before? Did LBJ face the same hate mongering?

Paul - to your knowledge did LBJ face the same level of noise from the 'radical right'? 

I recently acquired a copy of "The Case Of General Edwin A. Walker" by Kent and Phoebe Courtney. On the inside of the front cover, there is a sticker with the name Freedom Club, out of Los Angeles, who probably distributed the copies in that area. I couldn't find any information on this organization, but I imagine there were many such groups around the country.

18 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

So far Jason is uncovering FBI denials. But clearly Dean was informing FBI on FPCC whether they asked or not. Whether he had a meeting  face to face is still up in the air right? If Jason uncovers meetings with FBI, or letters from Dean to FBI about a minuteman plot to kill JFK that would be interesting. Dean says he turned against FPCC because of communists in the org. Does he also say he turned against Minutemen because they were plotting an assassination attempt? When  I ask this question I'm wondering if Dean is saying that Hoover knew an assassination attempt was in the works and did nothing to stop it. Is that what you think?

Paul B.,

All we can say with certainty today is that Harry Dean claims that he warned the FBI starting in September 1963 about a Radical Right plot against JFK, and that the FBI has always denied it.

So, there are two choices that I see.

Either the FBI took the information seriously and willfully turned a blind eye, or the FBI decided that Harry Dean was no longer a reliable source of information.

Harry Dean told me that one FBI agent assured him that Right wingers always talk like that, so he should just take it as baloney.

That made Harry feel better because that's what Harry already thought, he told me.

Yet I want to see every single page of FBI files on Harry Dean, AND SO DOES HARRY.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

18 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul - to your knowledge did LBJ face the same level of noise from the 'radical right'? 

Paul B.,

The following is my opinion.

LBJ is a special case in history, because he was the first Texan in the White House Oval office.

I believe Southerners, who make up the by bulk of the Radical Right, were complascent now that a Texan was US President.  Without that critical mass of support, the Radical Right was less funded than during the JFK term.

Though the Radicals shouted that LBJ was worse than JFK, the man in the street just kept on walking.

It was a completely different world.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 10/2/2017 at 3:32 PM, Paul Brancato said:

1.  The 'Radical Right' as seen in KKK or Congress for Freedom or White Citizens Council were singularly ineffectual in bringing about radical change by assassination

2.  And yet very successful over time in creating what we are witnessing today, all done by legal if unethical means - gerrymandering, voter suppression being two examples.

3.  Their goals weren't t to kill leaders. That may have been their stated methods, but their goals were to strengthen white rule and negate demographic changes.

4.   Are not Trump, and the Tea Party movement which led to this anti big government takeover, the result? ...

Paul  B.,

My opinions, by the numbers:

1.  You say the Radical Right (as the KKK plus) have been ineffective in bringing about radical change by assassination.   I agree that they did not accomplish what they hoped to accomplish, but I don't fully agree, because killing JFK, MLK and RFK changed US History profoundly.  It did not create a Whites-only USA, as they hoped, but it did clip the wings of the Liberal agenda

2.  As for gerrymandering, the Democrats do as much of that as the Republicans, so the Liberals can't blame gerrymandering.   Voter suppression is another story.  It's pitiful to reflect on the great Founding Fathers of the US Constitution, and to witness the voter suppression in the 2016 elections.  Pitiful.

3.  The goals of the KKK and the Radical Right have always been to take whatever steps are expedient at any given time -- never excluding assassination.  This is the problem.

4.  I don't want to get started on President Trump, because that would radically change the topic from the JFK assassination, which is our focus.  Suffice to say that I was stunned by Charlottesville (like many Americans) and I was disappointed (like many Americans) in the official White House equivocation of left and right in that deadly riot. 

4.1.  The Radical Right exists today, as it has existed at all times in US History.  The Civil War was a crucial clipping of their wings, but the Reconstruction of the South was never completed.

4.2.  That was the real reason that MLK marched -- and supported finally by JFK in his Civil Rights speech of June 11, 1963.   It was this speech that convinced the Radical Right that JFK was on MLK's side, and the more corrupt among them argued that this was proof that JFK was a Communist -- because racial equality was "Communism" -- they said.

4.3.  Here's that speech by JFK that angered the KKK so much:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEhKgoA86U

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

Jason Ward, in further answer your question " re: why joined  FPCC. It is likely you will locate reports of 

original phone calls to FBI about my fearful self concern, of being caught between  Castro and President

Eisenhower's 3 Jan 1961 diplomatic break with The Cuban Revolutionary Government. 

Those calls will expose our (FBI & I)  in depth details and worry of being charged as an unregistered- agent-of-a-

foreign Government,  ie; member of  26 July Movement and officer of Castro's Network in U.S. Fair Play Play For

Cuba Committee. It was determined then that I was to willingly serve the Bureau (Chicago) while remaining in

position.