The Education Forum

New Article by John Armstrong

1 minute ago, Paul Trejo said:

David,

The point is that the name "Lee Harvey Oswald" was not a unique name in the USA in 1963.

The PHOTOGRAPH is crucial.  The ADDRESS is crucial.  The DATE OF ISSUE is crucial.   All this is CRUCIAL.

The name alone is not enough! 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

So you DON'T recognize the handwriting?  lol

Paul,   please post your source for there being so many Lee Harvey Oswald's in Austin TX, and/or Dallas/Ft Worth...  I've seen the lists and those using all three names - always and on everything - did not register...

Can you point to another Lee Harvey Oswald in the listings?  I was only able to find one other Lee Oswald but without the "H"...

I think you may be overstating the # of people with that name...

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He certainly had applied for a license. But that is a different thing than him actually possessing one and using it to drive. We know from the people who actually knew him (as opposed to those who think they encountered him) that LHO was learning to drive but did not do so except when taking lessons from Ruth.

Who fills out an application for a license and then doesn't sign it?

Tracy... did you not see the description of this tattered license?

Be kind of hard to describe if it did not exist....   and believe it or not, one can drive without a license in one's possession...

The guy who showed the license that morning at the Jiffy Mart....  the clerk who remembers Oswald and the name due to the strange assortment of stuff he buys...

I remember it being claimed the clerk was "telling stories".... yet when one adds in the YATES encounter... someone else was running around with that license and it wasn't our man Harvey...

2 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

No it can't because the alleged license is nowhere-it doesn't exist. However, it fits in perfectly with the other elements of the H&L theory-mistaken witnesses, misinterpreted documents and so on.

You mean that you have spent all this time and effort in debunking Armstrong's book, and you never had a copy! That's crazy. To be sure, I hold you to a different standard than Michael Walton. Tracy, I am shocked and disappointed.

There is a nother link that requires no key for the download. I'll post it here when I find it. 

9 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Tracy... did you not see the description of this tattered license?

But a "tattered" license suggests that it was in use for some time. This is an additional indication that the witnesses were just mistaken since LHO having a license for an extended period is especially unsupported.

3 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

You mean that you have spent all this time and effort in debunking Armstrong's book, and you never had a copy! That's crazy. To be sure, I hold you to a different standard than Michael Walton. Tracy, I am shocked and disappointed.

There is a nother link that requires no key for the download. I'll post it here when I find it. 

I have the book, but the point is all that exists is an application. The license that they claim to have seen is nowhere to be found. BTW, I was one of the first people to get the book back in the day for $30 or $35. I got greedy and sold it for $60 later. I now use the PDF.

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

20 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:
On 12/4/2017 at 5:43 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Michael Walton said:

Exactly right.  And the funniest thing of all, it seems like all Hardly Lee believers DO NOT buy into anything the government wrote.  In other words, they think EVERYTHING is fake in the Warren Report.  Richly ironic.  But when it suits them, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll start reciting chapter and verse ANYTHING  in that so-called fake record to suit their fun-and-games HARDLY LEE story. LOL, indeed.

What you do Mike is generalize about everything you hate and place it all at the feet of H&L folks, whether it is justified or not.

Sandy,

I thought that Michael W's point above was anything but hateful.  He had a good humor about his observation.

Paul,

I didn't say that what Michael wrote was hateful.

There are certain things Michael hates about what researchers do or have said. My observation was that what he does is come to H&L threads and accuses H&L supporters of doing those very things, whether his accusations are justified or not.

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Uh... Tracy... the answer can be found in this book called Harvey and Lee.  It's written by a fellow named John Armstrong.

Perhaps you can use some research skills and answer your own question.

4 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

No it can't because the alleged license is nowhere-it doesn't exist. However, it fits in perfectly with the other elements of the H&L theory-mistaken witnesses, misinterpreted documents and so on.

Sheesh.... I've shown this to you before.

Bozarth.jpg

4 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

He certainly had applied for a license. But that is a different thing than him actually possessing one and using it to drive. We know from the people who actually knew him (as opposed to those who think they encountered him) that LHO was learning to drive but did not do so except when taking lessons from Ruth.

Tracy,

One thing is certain -- that Oswald never signed the application.   So, can we say that he actually applied?

If he never signed for it, then he never applied for it.  That's my opinion.

The "tattered" Texas license for Lee Harvey Oswald could never be related to that application, anyway, since that application had Ruth Paine's address on it, and Lee Harvey Oswald had been using Ruth Paine's address as his own address starting on October 4, 1963.  He got his first driving lesson from Ruth on November 3, 1963.  He was dead by November 24, 1963.  

That's not enough time for a license to become "tattered."

That Texas DPS clerk who claimed to have seen Lee Harvey Oswald's Texas driver's license did not even tell us the DATE IT WAS ISSUED.   

In the absence of further information, we must regard the reported "Texas driver's license" of Lee Harvey Oswald as a case of "mistaken identity."

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

In the absence of further information, we must regard the reported "Texas driver's license" of Lee Harvey Oswald as a case of "mistaken identity."

That's right, make all the excuses you can think of!  Say another "Lee Harvey Oswald's" driver's license was returned to the Texas Department of Public Safety less than a week after the assassination of JFK.  Just a coincidence, eh?

Say Aletha Frair, Mrs. Lee Bozarth, and others at the driver's license office all couldn't recognize a Texas driver's license when they saw one, didn't know the name "Lee Harvey Oswald", or that other "Lee Harvey Oswald's" were getting their licenses returned to the the TDPS less than a week after the assassination.   Just more coincidences.

Pitiful.  Just pitiful!  

Sanders.gif

Bozarth.jpg

Frair%201.jpg

And be sure to read even more evidence about how American-born LEE Oswald regularly drove a car here at the link below.  Even from his barber who he visited every few weeks.  Check it out....

The Man Who Could--and Couldn't--Drive

Since I posted a couple of days ago his new article entitled Setting Up Harvey Oswald as the Patsy, John has written additional material for it.  For example, this was added yesterday....

November 20, 1963. Two days before the assassination, on Wednesday, a package was mailed from the post office in Irving, TX to "Lee Oswald, 2515 W. 5th St, Irving, TX." The package was not delivered on Thursday because of insufficient postage (which is an indication the package was "dropped" into a mail box instead of taken to a postal clerk to be weighed). A notice of attempted delivery card was left by the postman in the Paine's mailbox (notice of $.12 postage due), which was found by police the day after the assassination among HARVEY Oswald's possessions. So, HARVEY Oswald received the notice of $ .12 postage due, but not the package.

Irving parcel post carrier Harold Reed heard from co-workers that the Irving Post Office was holding a package for Lee Oswald. This package was held at the post office for nearly two weeks until finally, on December 4, it was "discovered" by Irving Postmaster C.G. Twiley in the "Nixie Section." The Nixie Section was for letters and packages with unknown addresses. This package was a brown padded mailing envelope postmarked "Irving, Tex 5:30 AM," with no legible date. A gummed label, with the handwritten words "Lee Oswald, 601 W. Nassau Street, Dallas, TX"  was affixed to the envelope directly above the handwritten words "Irving, TX" that were handwritten on the mailing envelope (see below). It appears as though the gummed label was affixed to the mailing envelope in order to hide the original handwritten name and address on the brown mailing envelope. No effort was ever made to remove the gummed label. When opened by postal authorities the package was found to contain a folded brown paper bag that was opened at both ends. The bag was very similar in appearance, color, and texture to the brown paper bag found on the 6th floor of the Book Depository that the Warren Commission said was used by Oswald to carry the Italian rifle into the building. The author believes that HARVEY Oswald's uncharacteristic visit to the Paine's on Thursday evening, instead of on Friday, may have been to pick up this package. If HARVEY Oswald had received this package and removed the brown paper bag, then he would have unwittingly placed his fingerprints on the paper bag. This bag could then have been placed on the 6th floor of the TSBD for police to find with the intact fingerprints of HARVEY Oswald. This package, however, was in the Irving post office on 11/22/63, and the long paper bag found on the 6th floor did not contain Oswald's fingerprints.

package.jpg

On 12/4/2017 at 11:27 PM, Paul Trejo said:

What I think that Michael Walton might be missing (and maybe Tracy Parnell, too) is that the Harvey & Lee writers may be hoping for some Hollywood movie deal from all of this spy-fantasy that they're spinning out.

Hahahaa...it does make you wonder, Paul, if that's  what they're  doing.

Good one :)

Frazier seems to think that Oswald knew a lot about cars.

What non driver would know about clutches and gears?

Mr. BALL - Do you remember any conversation when he asked you what the clutch was? 
Mr. FRAZIER - Oh, yes. We got talking about that. He noticed, you know, most cars as old as mine, you know most of them are standard shift, and when I bought this old car it kind of fooled me it had automatic transmission on it so we got talking about it on the way home driving home and I told him that I really prefer a standard because you know, they are a lot easier to work on and you know, when an automatic goes dead it goes dead, there is no rolling a couple of feet and jumping on the clutch and starting when the battery is down. 
And I remember he said it was a little bit different to drive with a clutch. I said, if you are not used to it, but if you get used to it. You have to find a friction point on any car, even on Chevrolet or Ford, you know yourself the friction points on a clutch and the brakes are different adjusted on every car you drive.