The Education Forum

LHO = CLASS CLOWN?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who took this obviously posed picture in the setting of a normal classroom? There were no phone-cameras back then! Someone staged this event and everyone went along with it by pretending that it was something happening without their knowledge. From the height of the camera picture, the camera operator had to be standing and yet no one noticed? Cameras also made loud clicking noises back then - no printed circuits. I remember that episode of 'I love Lucy' (lower right) where she blacked her teeth and posed as a hillbilly.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger
added question mark

The photo was taken by Oswald’s classmate Ed Voebel, who testified to the Warren Commission that he thought Oswald “was cut on the lip and a tooth was knocked out” after a schoolyard fight, which he (Voebel) described in great detail.  After the assassination, Voebel sold his photo to LIFE magazine for $25.  This is basic stuff, and with your "teeth blackening" tag, I do believe your agenda is showing.

Mr. H....

Please take a minute or two to familiarize yourself with the subject matter....

The Blackened teeth remark is quite unnecessary as if you look thru most any high school yearbook you wil find many images of clowning around like that.

Jumping in unprepared and sticking foot in mouth = CLASS CLOWN. 

And yes, we're a bit surprised at your little outburst...   Did the Oswald Ruby killed strike you as a "CLOWN around" kind of guy?  That was Harvey...

The jovial, less intelligent, larger, rougher man is Lee....   

Google... Armstrong Poage Baylor collection...  There are thousands of pages, many you won't find at Mary Ferrell.   Its the results of a real investigation...

:up

Edited by David Josephs

56 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

The photo was taken by Oswald’s classmate Ed Voebel, who testified to the Warren Commission that he thought Oswald “was cut on the lip and a tooth was knocked out” after a schoolyard fight, which he (Voebel) described in great detail.  After the assassination, Voebel sold his photo to LIFE magazine for $25.  This is basic stuff, and with your "teeth blackening" tag, I do believe your agenda is showing.

Jim, I have no agenda in any of this. None, absolutely none. For decades I lived down the road from Rose Hill and I frequently drove through Dealey Plaza. I have not come into because of an interest in the assassination per se, but because it threads through something else that I am investigating and occupying the same time and space. You have not answered how this obviously staged photo event took place. 

10 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Mr. H....

Please take a minute or two to familiarize yourself with the subject matter....

The Blackened teeth remark is quite unnecessary as if you look thru most any high school yearbook you wil find many images of clowning around like that.

Jumping in unprepared and sticking foot in mouth = CLASS CLOWN. 

And yes, we're a bit surprised at your little outburst...   Did the Oswald Ruby killed strike you as a "CLOWN around" kind of guy?  That was Harvey...

The jovial, less intelligent, larger, rougher man is Lee....   

Google... Armstrong Poage Baylor collection...  There are thousands of pages, many you won't find at Mary Ferrell.   Its the results of a real investigation...

:up

David, right now you have a hypothesis which is unproven and disputed by many who accept that a conspiracy of interests may have been involved in the death of JFK and LHO. If that picture is not of an idiot clowning around in a classroom, then you have a different interpretation of 'clowning around'. I think that picture speaks for itself. But what it does not do is explain how someone could stand up and take this picture or pictures - with what would have been a noisy instrument that created a negative on film which had to be developed. I am here to find information that will correspond with a timeline I am working on which has nothing directly to do with events of November 22, 1963. It happens to be a date in the timeline I am working on and the place (Dallas) that occupies one of the many places in my international timeline. The same goes with interlocking characters such as David Atlee Phillips and Gordon McLendon, to name but two people.

2 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

image.png.7658e1b4df0a2b6cd7aeee7b6063beca.png

Mervyn,

Thanks for showing this close-up of the alleged "missing tooth" of Lee Harvey Oswald during middle school in the late 1950's.

The close-up shows that the so-called "missing tooth" would have been not one, but PARTS OF THREE MISSING TEETH and part of the gum as well.

It's clearly a phony, staged, clown-around photograph.   Probably LHO used some object from a school project to cover his teeth i that way -- perhaps tar.

The clowning also goes to show that LHO wasn't always a somber, depressed kid -- he also had a sense of humor and some hope in life.

As for Ed Voebel -- he clearly invented the story of the missing tooth -- and since he was the one who took the picture, he probably invented the story back in middle school, and repeated it for the WC, and for LIFE magazine, who paid him cash for this useless "evidence."

And now that you mention it -- the other kids in the photograph also appear to be aware of the staging, and are playing along with the game.   It's unnatural that every single other child in class would be so studious with only the 'clown' standing out.,

Great catch.   It speaks to the truth of a fairly normal kid -- who just wasn't going to get a fair break in life.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

4 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Marvyn,

Thanks for showing this close-up of the alleged "missing tooth" of Lee Harvey Oswald during middle school in the late 1950's.

The close-up shows that the so-called "missing tooth" would have been not one, but PARTS OF THREE MISSING TEETH and part of the gum as well.

It's clearly a phony, staged, clown-around photograph.   

The clowning also goes to show that LHO wasn't always a somber, depressed kid -- he also had a sense of humor and some hope in life.

As for Ed Voebel -- he clearly invented the story of the missing tooth -- and since he was the one who took the picture, he probably invented the story back in middle school, and repeated it for the WC, and for LIFE magazine, who paid him cash for this useless "evidence."

Great find.   It speaks to the truth of a fairly normal kid -- who just wasn't going to get a fair break in life.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul, no credit is due me. I dragged part of a continuing thread over here in order to focus on this one issue. I did not create the close-up. However, I do appreciate your view and it does offer a plausible explanation worth considering.

16 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

and it does offer a plausible explanation worth considering.

You are right Mervyn. Other explanations are something in the photographic process caused the dark area or that the upper lip is covering the tooth as demonstrated in a graphic by John Mytton (reply #3 first page) here: 

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,207.0.html

Of course, the H&L people already have the explanation they are seeking so they reject all else.

23 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Paul, no credit is due me. I dragged part of a continuing thread over here in order to focus on this one issue. I did not create the close-up. However, I do appreciate your view and it does offer a plausible explanation worth considering.

Mervyn - great job on this. The smiling Oswald photo is definitely a posed event and it's entirely plausible that LHO simply blackened his teeth out to ham it up in class. If the one and only Oswald could rise from the grave and we asked him about this, he'd probably say "Yeah, just goofing around" and then if one of us would tell him that others make this out to be his impostor with missing teeth, I'm sure he'd roll his eyes and giggle.

17 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,207.0.html

Of course, the H&L people already have the explanation they are seeking so they reject all else.

Thanks for posting that Tracy.  This is the only forum I belong to but perhaps I should join that one because it really seems like there are many, many more saner heads over there than there are here - LOL. After the usual rah-rah by Clark - and of course the usual suspects like David Josephs - the saner heads there kicked in and scrapped this silly little "theory" to the dustbin where it belongs. 

EDIT - even when he was knocked out, the narrow shape of his mouth tends to cover up his teeth:

oswaldfakedeathr.png

Every time I see LHO his mouth and teeth shape remind me of Damien Lewis, very similar:

2b85e30df8fe614e6c5d6e57f240db868471c759

Edited by Michael Walton

As a footnote to this, I am not taking sides on the "two LHOs".

From what I can tell LHO, may well have had a 'shadow' who enabled various manipulations of the timeline to be created. But this particular incident involving LHO's grave being reopened was a boring event to me at the time when I lived for decades just down the road from it. However, I was forced to pay attention via this Forum and I have noted that the only analysis of the corpse was that of the skull which was severed during the examination after exhumation.

The 'gotcha' element revolves around that classroom photograph and it is open to so many questions because it is clearly staged and the 'actor' is playing his part. In my schooldays that kind of person was considered to be a class clown who was not particularly interested in the subject being taught. The inference from this photograph (especially without any caption identifying the individual), is that the subject was engaged in some form of staged event that had nothing to do with the matters being taught.

But from this murky photograph a dogmatic pronouncement has been made that this reveals proof positive that LHO was being manipulated, when it really shows that the character in the picture was a bored class clown in cahoots with the photographer, but for what purpose I have no idea and no one is providing one. All of that said, this has nothing to do with whether stand-ins for LHO was not used, if there was indeed a conspiracy, and there does seem to have been a conspiracy to kill both JFK and LHO.

On that score take a look at the famous photo of Jack Ruby shooting LHO.

By using the same reasoning being used here concerning LHO's teeth, please prove via photographic evidence that it was Jack Ruby who shot LHO.

Where is the facial image of Jack Ruby?

Edited by Mervyn Hagger

Anything about Oswald putting black makeup on his teeth is ridiculous. Did he buy some black makeup (who sold that back then?) and bring it to school to take one dumb photo? Just... no. Your better bet would be to claim his tongue is sticking out and covering his upper teeth.

Edited by Micah Mileto