The Education Forum

LHO = CLASS CLOWN?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micah.. I crushed the black on purpose... When you do the same for real dark shadows, they don't change shape, they follow what is causing the shadow...

That's just a square that. As David says, does not follow the lines of the head.  Those who have seen this frame in stereo say that black box just hovers over the image in 2d

If sun was shining on any part of that area....

why are the tree trunks and smaller trees also the same 2d black?

They show no depth, very little off-black hues....

I remember the photo but if you could remind me of the photographer and if we know the focal mm used...

I searched and found that I did an overlay to see about the trees and sun... 

So I just used contrast and was able to create that ALL BLACK flat looking image... we need HUGE scans of original negatives/images...

There must be some shade back there, especially to the left of our shadow figure, as we'd see the leaves more like those in front of the wall...
The large tree that he just walked by could be the shade source...

Edited by David Josephs

1 hour ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Hardly... it looks like the figure (if it is indeed a figure) is walking away from the direction of the sun.

Ray,

That's why I included all of those pictures.

To my way of thinking, what you are seeing is the Black Dog Man. He leaves the steps at the top of the knoll, and you can see him as he moves in front of the pergola and walks down the Elm St. extension heading east.

It's roughly 12:30 in the afternoon, so the sun is almost, but not quite directly overhead.

It's late in November, so the sun is low in the southern sky. If you face the figure square on, it's roughly about the 7:00 position.

There's nothing on that low concrete wall between you and him to cast a shadow over his face.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

There's nothing on that low concrete wall between you and him to cast a shadow over his face.

Look again at my post Steve

The size looks wrong too...  on my composite image THAT is the correct size of the people...

Unless that's a shadow on a wall...

Edited by David Josephs

So I went to see about that wall...  the building is different now

Observation...

Where are all the people on the little Elm Street?  This can't be that long afterward...  There should be tons of people heading towards the RR yard...

5a8219321852f_couchframe.thumb.jpg.aaa4962e3cfcdf3ad737248b40f037ad.jpg

But there isn't a single one?  The color brick building is what's there now....

5a82186a89ff7_Differentwallforshadow.thumb.jpg.61196197ad0a91eaa462a346bce7eb1a.jpg