The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

12 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 11: DPD Detective Bob Carroll...Age 33             

<SNIP>

CONCERNS

1. Why does Det. Carroll initially state that officer McDonald marks the gun to preserve the chain of evidence only to later identify the gun in person because the gun contains his, Carroll's, initials?
  2. Who gave orders to Carroll at the TSBD?  To search the basement and go to Oak Cliff?
  3. Is Carroll sent to the TSBD basement so as not to disturb whatever's happening on the 6th floor?
  4. Why is Carroll a few blocks from the Texas Theatre when he hears "a suspect" is in the Texas Theatre?   Why was he on that part of Jefferson?
  5. How does Carroll know the people he saw on the balcony were not the suspect if Carroll cannot provide the suspect's description?
  6. From whom did Carroll snatch the gun from in the Texas Theatre?
  7. Why does a mob form at the Texas Theatre and what information do they have to make them ready to kill Oswald on the spot?
  8. A man is arrested for shooting a cop on the day the president is assassinated and Carroll does not know who took custody of Oswald at DPD headquarters?
  9. The chain of evidence for the pistol is a complete fiasco.   There are at least 3 officers who handled the pistol and testimony that two officers put their initials on the pistol....what really happened with the pistol at DPD headquarters?  and why were they in the personnel office with the pistol?
  10. WC attorney Ball is at times more probing than his colleague Bellin, although for the most part Carroll is allowed to gloss over unlikely or confused parts in his narrative.
  11. There is apparently no usable description of Oswald when Carroll arrives at the theatre - so how do they choose to arrest Oswald?

Det. Carroll seems like he was deliberately kept away from the main action on the 6th floor of the TSBD.   

All previous testimony has seen officers quickly get to the 6th floor, sometimes inexplicably; but Carroll is sent to the basement!   Will we see in testimony a clear demarcation of officers who immediately get to the 6th floor and those who are kept away from the 6th floor?   

The convenient location a few blocks from the Texas Theatre at the time Carroll is ordered to the Texas Theatre makes us wonder if Carroll set off for the Texas Theatre immediately upon leaving the TSBD?  Probably Carroll's most significant role here is as the first cop on the scene at the theater.   My inclination is to believe that Carroll is playing ball and going along with a story but is not actually an active conspirator in Kennedy's assassination.  

Stuart Reed's photo of Oswald's removal from the Texas Theatre; Detective Bob Carroll is to the left, circled in red.   His testimony is that he puts a pistol in his belt, where it stays until sometime in the car ride back to downtown Dallas....so why does this picture show a picture of Carroll holding a gun in his right hand?

Hi Jason,

Here is my feedback on your concerns about DPD officer Bob Carroll

1.   The sloppy method of chain-of-evidence in the JFK Assassination suggests to me a local DPD culture of a swagger in the face of danger.   Let the pencil pushers deal with it.

2.   There were three DPD brass officers in the TSBD at 1pm: Inspector Sawyer, Chief Lumpkin and Captain Fritz.   They are the likely ones to give him his orders.  Without orders, I get the idea that Carroll would hang around. 

3. I always wondered why Carroll was sent to the TSBD basement when he arrived at about 1pm.   It sounds FISHY.  

3.1.  It sounds to me like a "Master Story" in which Carroll was untrusted to keep quiet about details -- so he was instructed to testify that he was in the basement (reason unknown) during the alleged discovery of the shells and rifle. 

3.2.  I don't think this has anything to do with Carroll being "too honest" or "not a team player" about the shenanigans on the 6th floor.   I think Carroll was a consummate team player -- but he was undiscerning, and so could not be trusted to keep the "Master Story" straight under questioning.

3.3.  I suspect that Carroll was given his own "little script" and that he delivered it very well.

4.  I think it is at least plausible that Carroll was accidentally the first one at the Texas Theater.  I will let this slide.

5.   I think it is plausible that a gung-ho officer would rush into the Texas Theater with his pistol drawn, with only a dim description.   He was rushing into harm's way and he knew it, and he would rely on his instincts.  

5.1.  He had to make an instant choice -- upstairs or downstairs?   If downstairs, his life was more at risk from a shooter upstairs.  A lady may have said something to him, but he heard it as "he is upstairs."  

5.2.  When Carroll was upstairs in the balcony, he saw a half-dozen people at most -- shocked, terrified, and it was obvious to him they were all harmless civilians.  He was relying on his instincts.   I will let this slide.

6.  Since there was a scuffle between five DPD officers and Oswald, including threats of shooting violence, and blows, I believe that events proceeded too fast to be sure of details.  

6.1.  A hearing would be required to sort out the details -- and perhaps none would obtain consensus.   Who held the gun before Carroll?   I will let this slide.

7.  I can easily imagine a mob forming outside the Texas Theatre with the fact of seven police cars surrounding it, and news on the radio that JFK was shot and Tippit was also killed down the block.  

7.1.  People were outraged all over the USA.  I think the locals in Dallas were also ready to riot.   I will let this slide.

8.  With all the scuffle that happened in Dallas from 12:30 to 2pm on 11/22/1963, I think that Bob Carroll is proud as a rooster that he was the one to push Oswald into his police car, and drive him to the DPD station.   Here alone was Carroll's fifteen minutes of fame.   Maybe more.  

8.1.  I think he was happy to share the fame with his friends -- and let them put their initials on shells and guns -- and boast about who took custody of Oswald at DPD headquarters.   I will let this slide.

9.  I think that Carroll was sloppy with the chain of evidence mainly because of his swagger and his future boasting for his central role in arresting Oswald.

9.1.  I think he was happy to share the fame with his friends -- and let them put their initials on shells and guns.-

10.   I agree that the WC attorneys let Carroll just read his script and move on.   It is like CW Brown -- here is my little script.   Thank you.  Goodbye.

10.1.   Carroll's script included dramatic events, intended to substitute for real content.  There is: (a)  the shooting of Tippit; (b ) being the first to arrive at the Texas Theater; (c) being in the fight to subdue Oswald; (d) grabbing Oswald's gun; (e) stuffing Oswald into his car; (f) facing a mob that wanted to lynch Oswald;l (g) talking with Oswald on the way to the DPD station.  

10.2.  After that, the details were murky with Bob Carroll.  Like, 'Isn't that enough excitement?  What more do you want from me?'  

11.   According to other testimony -- which we may review later -- the manager of the Theater identified Oswald for the Dallas Police.   How reliable is that story?   Yet that is the official WC story.

12.   Finally, as for the question of when Oswald's gun was in his belt and in his hand at any given time during the arrest of Oswald and posing for photographs -- this is a minor question under the tremendous circumstances of these historical events, which could have been life-or-death for the arresting officers. There is some swagger in the pose.   

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarificiation

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 12: DPD Homicide & Robbery Detective Marvin Johnson...43

<SNIP>

CONCERNS:

1.       Why does WC attorney Belin announce repeatedly that 3 shells were found before asking the Det. Johnson how many shells were found?

2.       Det Johnson testifies that all three shells were close to the window, which suggests at least one shell was moved.  The official crime scene photos show one shell 2 feet or so away from the window. Who moved the shells and why?

3.       There is a timing inconsistency here between Det Johnson, Inspector Sawyer, and Captain Fritz, et. al.   Det Johnson testifies he arrived at 1 or a shortly before 1 and at this time the shells were already found.   But Fritz says he arrived at 12:58; and Sawyer says the shells were found at 1:12.  [see DPD report below for an additional statement from Johnson as to TSBD arrival time]

4.       Doesn’t Det Johnson contradict Deputies Mooney and Craig as to who was tasked with guarding the evidence of the found shells?

5.       If I were cross examining Detective Johnson, I would wonder if he saw more or less than 3 shell casings and I would make him pinpoint where exactly the shells were located compared to the official picture.

6.       The whole 6th floor part of Detective Johnson’s narratives just doesn’t make sense compared with other testimony.   He has different people protecting the shells, different times, and a different shell arrangement than that suggested in other testimony.  

7.       Either Johnson is a very confused witness or we have reason to suspect that there were two different scenes that day, one scene Johnson saw and the other scene Fritz et al. describe in testimony – with each scene having different officers, different shell arrangements, and at different times.  We wonder if Johnson is testifying to the wrong scenario and not the one agreed upon by other police witnesses?

8.       From a broader perspective I wonder if Johnson is a totally honest witness whose honesty contradicts the practiced master narrative heard elsewhere?

Jason,

Here is my feedback on your concerns about Detective Marvin Johnson:

1.  WC attorney Belin is leading Detective Johnson with a pat story about 3 shots from one location, and 3 hulls found -- Case Closed.

2.  Detective Johnson will not be the only WC witness to claim that they originally saw three shells neatly grouped by the window.  Roger Craig will be another.

2.1.  Does it show sloppiness of the chain of evidence?  Or is it even more suspicious?

3.  The timing inconsistency will reappear throughout the DPD testimony.

3.1.  Captain Fritz arrived at the TSBD by 12:58, but he remained downstairs on the sidewalk speaking with Sheriff Decker when the shells were found, according to Lt. Boone.

3.2.  The official time of finding the shells is recorded by Inspector Sawyer: 1:12 pm.

3.3.  Johnson arrives at 12:30, and the shells were already found?  No.  But that is only his sloppy way of speaking.

3.4.  The likely scenario is that: (a) Johnson arrived at 12:50; (b ) Johnson loitered around and gossiped for nearly 30 minutes, waiting for orders; while (c) Boone found the shells and announced it at 1:12 to Fritz on the sidewalk below; and (d) Captain Fritz came up to inspect the shells; then (e) seniors ordered Johnson to guard the shells.

4. Detective Johnson claims to be the one tasked to guard the shells.  Other witnesses are careless and blase about the chain of evidence, leaving that bother to "underlings."  I tend to believe Johnson on this point.

5. Even in simple legal discovery, a brief description of what Johnson saw with regard to the 3 shells would be normal.

5.1.  The implication is that there is a "Master Story" and that although the DPD officers were schooled in it, they could not be trusted to wander off script. 

5.2. So, the WC attorneys were also schooled in it, and kept the DPD officers on script.

6. Detective Johnson wanders off script despite the best intentions of all.

6.1.  Different times; different shell arrangement; different people guarding the shells; it suggests that Johnson is wandering away from a "Master Story."   

7.  I get the impression that Johnson is well-meaning -- and the only confusing aspect to his testimony is that he is trying to be a DPD team player, but is too honest for his own good.

8. I get a similar impression, Jason, that Detective Johnson is a painfully honest witness.  We need his sort to help in our "hairsplitting".

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

7 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

... the DPD officers...

Hi Paul, 

Here's a little bit of support for your far right CT from some interesting figures.  The phrase Garrison uses, "the machinery which is making it work," is in my view 100% right.  These murders are operationally effective primarily through the local police.  Sure, the WC is helping the coverup, but the main way they do that is by protecting the DPD and sheriff's department.   The worker bees in this are police officers.

1. CIA internal report of Garrison's investigation:

Garrison_Minutemen.png

2. WCBS TV 1967 Interview with Jim Garrison pretty much nails your CT = DPD MinutemenJim_Garrison_Minutemen.png

3. From H. Theodore Lee, FPCC national president:

Tippit_shot_JFK_from_FBI_4_1964.png

4. Russian Premier Khrushchev:

Khruschev_DPD_right_wing.png

Edited by Jason Ward

13 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul, 

Here's a little bit of support for your far right CT from some interesting figures.  The phrase Garrison uses, "the machinery which is making it work," is in my view 100% right.  These murders are operationally effective primarily through the local police.  Sure, the WC is helping the coverup, but the main way they do that is by protecting the DPD and sheriff's department.   The worker bees in this are police officers.

1. CIA internal report of Garrison's investigation:Garrison_Minutemen.png

2. WCBS TV 1967 Interview with Jim Garrison pretty much nails your CT = DPD MinutemenJim_Garrison_Minutemen.png

<snip>

Hi Jason,

I appreciate these snippets from the famous Jim Garrison, because Jeff Caufield (2015) told me personally that he had full access to all of Jim Garrison's papers, and what stunned him most was that for most of his investigation, Garrison was tracking the Dallas Radical Right as the source of the JFK Assassination plot.

It was only at the last minute -- after David Ferrie was allegedly murdered, and Garrison's witnesses were being picked apart by the FBI and Justice Department -- that Jim Garrison realized he couldn't win this fight.   He was getting threats from the Radical Right in NOLA as well as from Dallas.   He had too few allies.

His last ditch effort was to blame the CIA -- who could neither "confirm, deny or discuss" the JFK Assassination.   This move probably saved his life.

But what we can see from his statements as late as 1967, Jim Garrison was hot on the trail of the Dallas Radical Right, the DPD, the Minutemen and the JBS.  Jim Garrison -- to this extent -- remains my hero.   He could have solved the JFK murder in 1967 if he had more help -- but there was too little help.

Jim Garrison hoped that somebody from Dallas would step forward.   THEY NEVER DID, until Ricky White stepped forward.   But almost nobody believed Ricky.  It was too late.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

3 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Hi Jason,

I appreciate these snippets from the famous Jim Garrison, because Jeff Caufield (2015) told me personally that he had full access to all of Jim Garrison's papers, and what stunned him most was that for most of his investigation, Garrison was tracking the Dallas Radical Right as the source of the JFK Assassination plot.

It was only at the last minute -- after David Ferrie was allegedly murdered, and Garrison's witnesses were being picked apart by the FBI and Justice Department -- that Jim Garrison realized he couldn't win this fight.   He was getting threats from the Radical Right in NOLA as well as from Dallas.   He had too few allies.

His last ditch effort was to blame the CIA -- who could neither "confirm, deny or discuss" the JFK Assassination.   This move probably saved his life.

But what we can see from his statements as late as 1967, Jim Garrison was hot on the trail of the Dallas Radical Right, the DPD, the Minutemen and the JBS.  Jim Garrison -- to this extent -- remains my hero.   He could have solved the JFK murder in 1967 if he had more help -- but there was too little help.

Jim Garrison hoped that somebody from Dallas would step forward.   THEY NEVER DID, until Ricky White stepped forward.   But almost nobody believed Ricky.  It was too late.

All best,
--Paul

Paul, where, in the above statement, do Caufield’s statements end and where does your speculation begin? You have a bad habit of conflating what you say a researcher claims with your own speculation.

7 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jim Garrison -- to this extent -- remains my hero.

Hi Paul,

Like the rest of us, Garrison in my view has his pros and cons.   Yes indeed opening up so much of the New Orleans part of this story was essential.   However, there's plenty more in Garrison's story that makes us ask if he too often put expediency in front of justice.  For instance, Carlos Marcello remained pretty comfortable during the Bannister years.   I can see a man like Garrison backing off the Minutemen -who he claims are behind the assassination-  if his family was threatened.   There is also the fact that Plaquemines Parish overlord Lender Perez and the rest of the South Louisiana Establishment (including Marcello) were pretty cozy with each other.  Do you think that in some sense pursuing the Minutemen might have brought Garrison too close to Marcello, which in turn caused Bannister to back off the Minutemen and instead target the CIA?

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 13: DPD Detective Richard Sims

Richard Sims, Age 38

• 15 years DPD experience
  • 22 November 1963: Assigned to Trade Mart with Capt Fritz and Elmer Boyd
  • Chief Stevenson tells Sims, Fritz, and Boyd to proceed to Parkland, after hearing of a presidential shooting around 12:40
  • At Parkland, Chief Curry directs Sims, Fritz, and Boyd to the TSBD; sheriff Decker goes with them to the TSBD
  • There is some confusion about when Sims first hears of the TSBD, WC attorney Ball wants Sims to say it wasn't until the drive into downtown Dallas that they heard of the TSBD over the radio, but Sims indicates he heard of the TSBD at the Trade Mart
  • 12:58 arrival at TSBD; Sims, Fritz and Boyd go in the front door
  • Again, Det Sims denies hearing a documented 12:36 radio call pinpointing the TSBD, but insists he had to have heard "something" in order to know to go to the TSBD
  • Det Sims gives a totally baffling story of proceeding up multiple TSBD elevators - but he cannot say why he did this
  • The TSBD is full of officers on every floor and every elevator, but Sims can only remember the presence of Lt. Revill & Det Westphal
  • After visiting every floor, someone hollers that they've found the spent shell casings
  • Sims sees the spent shells "up against the wall," but denies they were moved for the camera
  • Det Sims hears someone holler that the rifle is found; Sims sees it partially obscured under some "paper"
  • Sims denies seeing anything else significant until WC attorney Ball leads him to say he saw "some bags" by the found hulls
  • Sims says Fritz ordered Johnson and Montgomery to guard the spent shells - isn't this in conflict with other testimony?
  • Sims offers a confused answer to the question of how long he was in the TSBD; he really doesn't answer
  • Sheriff Bill Decker is visited by Sims somewhere around this time, implicitly on the way back to TSBD headquarters
  • Sims helps pick up the spent shells but does not know who took possession of the evidence
  • Frtiz and Boyd and Sims leave the TSBD "evidently" at 2pm
  • Sheriff Decker had sent a meeting request to Capt Fritz
  • Fritz, Boyd, and Sims now return to DPD HQ after meeting with Decker
  • "the man who shot Tippit" is waiting in the interrogation room
  • 2:20 Det Sims first sees Oswald
  • First interrogation: Bookhout, Hosty, Boyd, Sims, and Fritz - Sims says
  • Sims denies remembering anything Oswald says apart from standard demographic data
  • Det Sims cannot recall whether Oswald is handcuffed
  • WC Attorney Ball corrects Sims when Sims says Oswald was brought in at 2; the time is changed in testimony to 2:20
  • "I don't remember what time it was," Det Sims says about when Oswald talked about life in Russia
  • After repeatedly saying he can't remember what Oswald says, Sims suddenly remembers LHO denied shooting JFK & Tippit
  • LHO did not tell Det Sims about the Beckley room
  • LHO is taken to a lineup and protests he's the only one in a raggedy old t shirt
  • LHO is brought back to Fritz's office for a 2d interrogation
  • The Secret Service and FBI now talk to Oswald, although Sims denies remember the names of the SS or FBI agents
  • Sims has no memory at all of 2d interrogation insofar as what was said
  • 6:20 LHO taken to 2d identity parade
  • LHO is arraigned; again Sims cannot remember what was said
  • Sims says he searched LHO for the first lineup and found a bus transfer slip in his shirt pocket; live bullets in his pants pocket
  • Sims cannot remember who he gave the bus transfer and bullets to after they are discovered on Oswald
  • Det Sims cannot remember the date or other details on the bus transfer
  • 8:55 Oswald is fingerprinted
  • LHO is given paraffin tests
  • Sims cannot remember who ordered him to take Oswald in front of the press
  • LHO is checked into jail; Det Sims retrieves him again at 10:25 the next day
  • Det Sims is not present for the next interrogation despite WC Attorney Ball reading a report that indicates Sims was there
  • 11:30 Oswald back in jail
  • Capt Fritz orders Det Sims to 1026 N Beckley
  • Det Sims only finds a paperclip at 1026 N Beckely!
  • Sims works on the Oswald case all day on the 23rd, but has no recollection as to what he did exactly
  • Sims creates a memo of questions for Oswald
  • Sims says "Oswald had the answers ready" to all questions and was the best under questioning he, Sims, as every seen
  • Despite previously denying any ability to remember what Oswald said at the station, Det Sims suddenly says Oswald asks for a lawyer - after WC attorney Ball prompts him to admit this
  • the minutia of conditions at police headquarters is discussed - it's crowded
  • a rare 2nd Sims testimony now appears in the WC exhibits, this time conducted by WC attorney Belin
  • There are questions around finding the spent cartridges and the precise chain of evidence in the 2d testimony
  • Capt Fritz has "refreshed" Det Sims memory since the earlier testimony, such that Sims can now clarify more details

CONCERNS:

1. Why is Curry camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination?
  2. Why is Sheriff Decker camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination?
  3. Why does the 12:58 narrative of arriving at the TSBD suddenly omit Sheriff Decker?  Does he disappear?  What does Decker do?
  4. The explanation for the sequence of events and the source of his instructions to go to the TSBD is confused.  Fishy.
  5. Why do Sims and others indicate the shells are found up against the wall instead of in the configuration seen in WC exhibits?
  6. Why does Sims go to Sheriff Decker after leaving the TSBD?  Who orders this?  What do they discuss?
  7. How is it that this is the first testimony where we hear Decker requests a meeting with Fritz?
  8. Does Sims really have such bad memory that he cannot recall what Oswald said at an interrogation?
  9. Finding the bus transfer slip is pretty significant, why does Sims not mention this until the 3rd or 4th time around in giving a narrative of events?
  10. Is it really so easy for a murder suspect to take live bullets into a police station in 1963 and not have them discovered until hours later?
  11. Isn't Det Sims claiming he only found a paperclip at 1026 N Beckley absurd?    The room was completely clean?
  12. Why is Sims trying to imply Oswald was trained for questioning?  Is this in keeping with the way Fritz suggests LHO was trained in Russia for interrogations?
  13. The fact that between 2 separate WC testimonies Det Sims talked to Capt Fritz in order to get the correct story around the found shells is a complete joke.  Who decides Sims needs to give a 2nd testimony in front of the WC lawyers?

Overall, Det Sims is a terrible witness.  He either can't remember anything at all or is so confused about important details that he needs correcting by Fritz.   If there is a master story here, Sims is not good at remembering it.  Sims is the weakest link here and is the biggest liability so far for the conspirators in terms of police testimony.

Edited by Jason Ward

Hi Paul,

Like the rest of us, Garrison in my view has his pros and cons.   Yes indeed opening up so much of the New Orleans part of this story was essential.   However, there's plenty more in Garrison's story that makes us ask if he too often put expediency in front of justice.  For instance, Carlos Marcello remained pretty comfortable during the Bann justister years.   I can see a man like Garrison backing off the Minutemen -who he claims are behind the assassination-  if his family was threatened.   There is also the fact that Plaquemines Parish overlord Lender Perez and the rest of the South Louisiana Establishment (including Marcello) were pretty cozy with each other.  Do you think that in some sense pursuing the Minutemen might have brought Garrison too close to Marcello, which in turn caused Bannister to back off the Minutemen and instead target the CIA? 

Hi Jason,

My current opinion is that Marcello was small potatoes compared with the Radical Right in the US South.   Leander Perez was far more fearsome and powerful than Carlos Marcello ever dreamed.   Carlos, to get power, had to hold on tight to Guy Banister and David Ferrie -- who were beacons of the Radical Right in New Orleans.

Carlos Marcello was willing to pour hundreds of thousands of his crime-based dollars into the hands of Banister and Ferrie -- and Banister was happy to funnel much of that money into the New Orleans Minutemen.   These hardened mercenaries would practice paramilitary maneuvers with Cuban Exiles there near Lake Pontchartrain -- on a swamp owned by Carlos Marcello,and managed by David Ferrie.

Although in 1963, JFK and RFK had made it illegal to finance  Cuba Raid groups like Interpen and La Sambra, this was no problem for Carlos Marcello, who lusted for revenge against RFK almost as much as General Walker himself.

Yet it was the Minutemen themselves who were the truly feared bunch -- because they didn't get rich on what they did -- they barely made ends meet -- they barely paid their surgeons for their most recent wounds.   They were fanatics who would fight Fidel Castro for free if only they didn't need food, water, boots, bullets and bennies.

If their leaders only pointed to somebody, and said the words, "Commie rat," then that person would not last the day.

These were the people that worried JIm Garrison the most.   Jim knew a lot about them.   He had probably been invited to join their number on occasion, since he had been a fighter pilot during WW2.   Most of the Minutemen were former US military guys.   They were fiercely patriotic -- if by patriot one means Radical Right guys like the Interpen, Loran Hall and Gerry Patrick Hemming.

The Radical Right did not want Jim Garrison to get too close to the JFK case.   It wasn't the mafia that scared Jim Garrison.  He could always run to RFK about that.   This was different. 

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 13: DPD Detective Richard Sims (38)

<SNIP>    CONCERNS:

1. Why is Curry camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination?
  2. Why is Sheriff Decker camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination?
  3. Why does the 12:58 narrative of arriving at the TSBD suddenly omit Sheriff Decker?  Does he disappear?  What does Decker do?
  4. The explanation for the sequence of events and the source of his instructions to go to the TSBD is confused.  Fishy.
  5. Why do Sims and others indicate the shells are found up against the wall instead of in the configuration seen in WC exhibits?
  6. Why does Sims go to Sheriff Decker after leaving the TSBD?  Who orders this?  What do they discuss?
  7. How is it that this is the first testimony where we hear Decker requests a meeting with Fritz?
  8. Does Sims really have such bad memory that he cannot recall what Oswald said at an interrogation?
  9. Finding the bus transfer slip is pretty significant, why does Sims not mention this until the 3rd or 4th time around in giving a narrative of events?
  10. Is it really so easy for a murder suspect to take live bullets into a police station in 1963 and not have them discovered until hours later?
  11. Isn't Det Sims claiming he only found a paperclip at 1026 N Beckley absurd?    The room was completely clean?
  12. Why is Sims trying to imply Oswald was trained for questioning?  Is this in keeping with the way Fritz suggests LHO was trained in Russia for interrogations?
  13. The fact that between 2 separate WC testimonies Det Sims talked to Capt Fritz in order to get the correct story around the found shells is a complete joke.  Who decides Sims needs to give a 2nd testimony in front of the WC lawyers?

Overall, Det Sims is a terrible witness.  He either can't remember anything at all or is so confused about important details that he needs correcting by Fritz.   If there is a master story here, Sims is not good at remembering it.  Sims is the weakest link here and is the biggest liability so far for the conspirators in terms of police testimony.

Hi Jason,

Great work on the WC testimony of DPD Detective Richard Sims.   Here's my feedback on your concerns:

1.  Curry camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination because he was in the lead car, maybe 200 feet in front of JFK.   

1.1.  Aside from their driver, the others in that lead car were Sheriff Bill Decker and Dallas SS agent Forrest Sorrels.   (IMHO, these are three of the main JFK plotters).  

2.  Sheriff Decker is camped out at Parkland Hospital around the time of the assassination because he was already in the lead car with Curry and Sorrels.

2.1.  After JFK is shot, they sped to Parkland to see if JFK survived or not.  If JFK survived, that would set them back to Plan B.

3.   Sheriff Decker is muted in all testimony, except for Fritz's two yes-men, Sims and Boyd.  We don't know what Decker does after 12;58 pm because Decker never mentions it at all.   Further, Fritz never speaks of it at all.

3.1.  If not for Fritz's two flunkies,  we would never know about the Fritz/Decker meeting from ~1:30 pm to ~2:15 pm.

4.   The reason, IMHO, that the sequence of events and the source of Sims' instructions to go to the TSBD is confused is that the plan to use LHO at the TSBD as the scapegoat in the JFK murder was made long in advance.  

4.1.  JFK plotters did their best to make it look realistic -- as part of the "Master Story."   However, yes-men became confused about what they were supposed to say, except for "yes, sir."

5.   IMHO, Sims and others saw the shells up against the wall -- as Roger Craig said.

5.1.  Yet after these men saw the shells, other JFK plotters probably decided it was too obvious -- why would a sniper arrange his shells in a neat order before running like mad?

5.2.  So, they scattered the shells.  This was before Lieutenant Day arrived to photographs the shells.

6.   Sims merely follows Fritz and Boyd -- as usual -- wherever they go.

6.1.  In this case, Sheriff Decker asked to see Fritz.  When the meeting was decided we can only guess.

6.2.   I think Sims got his order from Fritz.   Sims (like Boyd) was a professional yes-man for Fritz.  He would do anything Fritz said, and otherwise he would wait around.   

6.3.  What Fritz and Decker discussed in this meeting -- perhaps as early as 1:30 pm, and as late as 2:15 pm, nobody dares breathe a word.

6.4.  IMHO, when Deputy Boone called down from the sniper's window below at 1:12 pm, to exclaim that he "found" the shells, and he testified to the WC that he saw Fritz and Decker in a discussion on the sidewalk below the window -- he tells the truth.

6.5.  I'd venture a guess -- Fritz and Decker were discussing their next meeting time, depending on the unfolding of events.  They would meet ASAP after this TSBD visit.

6.6.  Soon after that sidewalk meeting, Sheriff Decker returned to his office at the County Jail.

7.   It is great that we have this testimony about Decker requesting a meeting with Fritz.   We also got a hint from Boyd about it.

8.  IMHO,  the only thing that Detective Sims remembered very well was that Fritz and the team were just stalling for time so that Jesse Curry could coordinate Jack Ruby to kill LHO.   

8.1.  But Sims couldn't say that, of course.   So he just stammered.

8.2.   The first killing plan was the late Friday night press conference.  Ruby chickened out, I figure.

8.3.   LHO was supposed to be moved to the County Jail within 12 hours by Law.

8.4.  But Decker refused to take him.  The DPD had to eliminate LHO, because it was their screw-up that Tippit failed to kill LHO at Oak Cliff.

9.  IMHO, there was no bus transfer ticket until the DPD invented it.   Also, they invent it late in the day.   It is impossible that LHO would enter the Dallas City Jail without a thorough search. 

9.1.  Sims hesitates to mention the bus transfer ticket until the 3rd or 4th narrative, because he was uncomfortable with perjury.  This may have been his first time.  But he would do anything Fritz ordered him to do.  After all - the WC was a bunch of Damn Yankees.

10.  It is utterly impossible  for a murder suspect to take live bullets into a police station in 1963 and not have them discovered until hours later.  

10.1.   Sims is a rookie at a "Master Story."  That's the problem

11.  As for finding only a paperclip at the North Beckley room -- Sims is correct on this.  

11.1.   On Friday evening, the Beckley room was scrubbed clean by the DPD.   Sims was not in that team.

11.2.  Sims went there on Saturday (with Boyd)  -- when the Beckley room was utterly empty.

12.   When Sims suggests that Oswald was ready with all answers and was the best he had ever seen -- he seems to me to imply that Oswald was a Russian spy.   Oswald was pretty amazing, he suggests!

12.1.   In my CT, whoever accuses LHO of being a Communist is part of the JFK plot.   That seems firm to me. 

13.  The WC hearings were -- as LBJ said -- only a formality to confirm a report that J. Edgar Hoover already made in December 1963, namely, that Lee Harvey Oswald was the LONE SHOOTER.  

13.1.   Rankin told Sylvia Odio that even if she could prove her story that Oswald had accomplices -- the WC would never accept it -- their mind was made up. 

So, yes, Jason,  I agree that so far Sims is the weakest link.  I think, however, that we will see links even weaker than this. 

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

Hi Paul, 

It's my impression from the police testimony we've looked at so far that Capt Fritz is the showmaker.   I stumbled across a book you discussed here a few years ago, The Kennedy Mutiny.   From your summary of the book in this old thread, one point I can agree with in total certainty is that FBI agent James Hosty protected and hid the Minutemen in the leadup and aftermath of the assassination.  I've documented as much above.

Amazon has this book for a price of $200+....where can I get this book?

...and what about the author, Will Fritz?....this is a very strange coincidence in names!   He seems like he has an insight or evidence the rest of us lack; any way to work with him further?

Jason

Edited by Jason Ward

17 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul, 

It's my impression from the police testimony we've looked at so far that Capt Fritz is the showmaker.   I stumbled across a book you discussed here a few years ago, The Kennedy Mutiny.   From your summary of the book in this old thread, one point I can agree with in total certainty is that FBI agent James Hosty protected and hid the Minutemen in the leadup and aftermath of the assassination.  I've documented as much above.

Amazon has this book for a price of $200+....where can I get this book?

...and what about the author, Will Fritz?....this is a very strange coincidence in names!   He seems like he has an insight or evidence the rest of us lack; any way to work with him further?

Jason

Hi Jason,

I got this book through college Interlibrary Loan.   I suspect that your college library can also get it.    I found the OCLC by using WorldCat (OCLC #:52818037).

Also, I contacted Will Fritz, and he is a nice guy.   The curious thing is that his name really is William Fritz, and yet he is no relation at all to Will Fritz the Captain of the DPD Homicide Bureau.

As far as I can tell, he has no evidence that we lack -- although he has been digging where we are digging for a longer time.

His main source is evidently somebody named Gareth Wean -- have you seen this story?   The source of Wean's story is Sheriff Decker himself, says Wean.   The original JFK plot was a Dallas plot, said Decker -- among the Radical Right -- but it was a "False Flag" plot -- JFK was not supposed to be killed.

Wean is a mostly credible source, since he's a former US military and LAPD detective.   He would be a serious guy, except that he is so old-school that he thought it was OK to be an AntiSemite.  Wean's word for "Jewish" is "Mishpucka".   His books are full of that word.  It's nauseating to read about "a rich Hollywood Mishpucka."   As if he was fooling anybody.

Wean's book may be available online.  It's called, "There's a Fish in the Courthouse" (1996).   His original story goes back to 1971, say some, but I couldn't find that source.   For his "Fish" book, it's only the last chapter that speaks about Sheriff Bill Decker.

I was stunned to read that Jeff Caufield (2016) also considers Gareth Wean's story mostly favorably.  Really?   A "False Flag" plot on JFK?    Hijacked?  Jeff Caufield's book came out after my thread on "William Fritz", so I realized in late 2015 that Caufield and "William Fritz" used the same source -- Gareth Wean.  I was disappointed, too, to note that William Fritz failed to credit Gareth Wean in his bibliography.   (I also note that Jeff Caufield somehow omitted the name of Gareth Wean from his Index.)

Gareth Wean's story has a lot of truth -- I'm convinced -- though it's soiled by his own Right-wing beliefs.  For this reason, IMHO, Wean refused -- actually failed -- to name the Dallas Radical Right as the main JFK plotters -- but instead shifted the blame to the CIA -- which is what "William Fritz" also did.

The notion of a "hijacking" of a "False Flag" plot is fiction, in my opinion.    What really happened, in my CT, was:

1.   If there was a "False Flag" JFK plot, it was set up by General Walker to get fence-sitters to cooperate.

2.  The actual shooting of JFK was planned by General Walker.

3.   Walker planned this revenge because of JFK and RFK sending General Walker to an insane asylum on October 1, 1962.   It was as close as Walker could get to an anniversary date.

4.  In my opinion, Walker also targeted Lee Harvey Oswald to be killed during the same weekend.   

5.  I fully believe that new FBI FOIA releases will reveal that General Walker was directly responsible for the entire weekend of death in Dallas from 11/22/1963 through 11/24/1963.

"William Fritz" does not go where I go.  I believe he borrows from Gareth Wean, and then adds his own guesswork.   He needs more evidence -- just like I do.  But I'm still working on my evidence.   I think that "William Fritz" has given up.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

On 3/28/2018 at 9:22 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Wean is a mostly credible source, since he's a former US military and LAPD detective

Hi Paul,

I've read a little bit from Wean's book online. He says he pals around with Audie Murphy and Sheriff Decker and they have a clandestine meeting with a source in Ruidoso, NM.   Wean blames the assassination on the military-industrial complex who are largely the 'Mishpucka,' the Jewish-mafia who always yearn for war, right?   One of the hard things about this is that so many people probably have a true and essential part of the answer, but it too often gets lost in their own baggage and hunger for attention.

<<>>><<<>>

I've re-reviewed the police testimony we've looked at.   Here's something that sticks out for me.

Howard Brennan gives his information about the 6th floor, and even pinpoints the snipers nest window, within minutes of the assassination.  So why aren't the cops at the snipers nest within minutes?   Somehow DPD is able to quickly broadcast Brennan's description of Oswald, (provided it seems by Brennan to Inspector Sawyer) but chooses to ignore that Brennan also pinpointed the 6th floor sniper's nest?   This doesn't make sense.   

Based on Brennan's eyewitness statement, law enforcement should have been on the 6th floor snipers nest by no later than 12:45.   Yet we are told they have to bumble around and accidentally find at 1:08 the location Brennan had pinpointed a half hour before?  Why the delay?   (also, who are the cops deputy Mooney passes going down the stairs while he is going up?)

I find the sudden appearance of Forrest Sorrels suspicious.  He shows up at the right time to process Brennan.

As evidence posted above in this thread tends to indicate Forrest Sorrels knew of threatening Minutemen activity in Dallas but did not warn the White House about it, I think he needs more scrutiny.

Jason

[from the Warren Report and from the Warren Commission exhibits and hearings]

1. But Brennan also saw the precise floor and window used by the rifleman - why is this not reiterated in the WR?   Why aren't police able to get to the snipers nest a lot earlier than 1:08 given Brennan testified to it's location "within minutes?"

WC_Brennan.png

2. Secret Service Agent Sorrels does not know that the shots came from the TSBD, but he drives straight there anyway, after visiting Parkland.
Sorrels_not_sure_shots_TSBD.png
Sorrels_TSBD_no_apparent_reason.png

3. Brennan gave the EXACT location of the shooter to DPD within minutes of the assassination
Brennan_testimony_sorrells.png

4. Brennan's marks on a WC photo of the TSBD.   A is where he saw a shooter, B is where he saw two African Americans eating lunch, scribble at bottom is where he was standing.
Brennan_TSBD_picture.png

Edited by Jason Ward

On 3/28/2018 at 9:22 PM, Paul Trejo said:

if there was a "False Flag" JFK plot

Provoking a war on Cuba with a false flag attack may or may not have not been the primary goal of the assassination.  But it makes a great recruiting point.   A lot of people were obsessed by Castro and might support the assassination if they thought it would cause a US invasion.  Selling the assassination as only a pretend assassination that would see no one killed is really palatable, I can see a good many mainstream conservatives not objecting.  The idea that most participants thought it was never meant to actually kill Kennedy explains a lot.

Jason

3 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Provoking a war on Cuba with a false flag attack may or may not have not been the primary goal of the assassination.  But it makes a great recruiting point.   A lot of people were obsessed by Castro and might support the assassination if they thought it would cause a US invasion.  Selling the assassination as only a pretend assassination that would see no one killed is really palatable, I can see a good many mainstream conservatives not objecting.  The idea that most participants thought it was never meant to actually kill Kennedy explains a lot.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, I can see that now.  It is possible (perhaps plausible) that General Walker used a "False Flag" rumor to recruit the "fence-sitters" on the project.  In this scenario, we would have three layers of Dallas Law Enforcement participation in the JFK Assassination plot:

(1) Direct participants (1%)
(2) "False flag participants" (4%)
(3) Support the Team no matter what happens (15%)
(4) Totally clueless (80%)

This reminds me that General Walker came out of military school in to West Point, and after graduating West Point in the late 1930,'s, entered the US Army Special Forces.   Then he entered WW2, where he became a battalion General.   Then he served in Taiwan before serving in Korea.  

In other words -- General Walker knew how to LEAD at every level of military and paramilitary maneuver.   Strategy was second nature to him.   He is underestimated.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

I've read a little bit from Wean's book online. He says he pals around with Audie Murphy and Sheriff Decker and they have a clandestine meeting with a source in Ruidoso, NM.   Wean blames the assassination on the military-industrial complex who are largely the 'Mishpucka,' the Jewish-mafia who always yearn for war, right?   One of the hard things about this is that so many people probably have a true and essential part of the answer, but it too often gets lost in their own baggage and hunger for attention...

Hi Jason,

Right.  What Gareth Wean admitted before he died was that the "source" at Ruidoso, New Mexico, was none other than US Senator John Tower from Texas.   This puts a special spin on the story, IMHO.

All best,
Paul 

Edited by Paul Trejo

55 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

three layers of Dallas Law Enforcement participation in the JFK Assassination plot:

(1) Direct participants (0.1%)
(2) "False flag participants" (0.4%)
(3) Support the Team no matter what happens (19.5%)
(4) Totally clueless (80%)

...General Walker knew how to LEAD at every level of military...

Paul, those figures are perhaps a good way to divide up the conspirators.   To simplify, I might restate your point as a pyramid:

xx                           Intend to kill Kennedy 

xxxxxxxxx.                  Think JFK will be shot at, but not hit; blame Castro

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.        Workers; don't know much except their own part

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.         Clueless, not part of conspiracy pre 11/22

I think the idea that there may have only been a tiny core of conspirators who intended murder is a worthwhile theory to toss around and keep in mind as we look at testimony and evidence. 

It often seems that there are dozens of conspirators, so how come at least one hasn't spilled the beans?.  Maybe it's just that most of them PERHAPS thought they were enabling the overthrow of Castro via a fake assassination attempt that would be traced back to Castro's agent, Lee Harvey Oswald.  When LHO left his wedding ring and cash on the dresser that morning, he knew he'd be gone for awhile.  Maybe he thought he was going to Mexico City or Cuba that day?  This also explains David Ferrie hanging around a pay phone in Houston.

When Kennedy ended up dead they, the outer proletariat of conspirators, were scared - for their jobs, even their lives.  The only sure way to stay alive, stay employed and stay out of prison was to toe the line and help the coverup.

As Gareth Wean says in his book, this is how Senator John Tower explained it.   It was all a stunt to get the American people and Kennedy himself jazzed up for a Cuban invasion.  But the stunt somehow turned into a true assassination.   Or was it always a true assassination whose inner core of leaders sold to the outer proletariat of conspirators as ....a harmless way to get Castro overthrown????

Jason

http://www.kenrahn.com/JFK/Critical_Summaries/Articles/Wean_Chap_44.html