The Education Forum

Why I am leaving the forum

1 minute ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy, can you edit your above post to make it any more interesting, or, perhaps, "creepy"?

Do you mean something such as attributing it to "Bigfoot"? :-0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy, can you edit your above post to make it any more interesting, or, perhaps, "creepy"?

Michael,

Sorry.  No can do.  Orders from The Deep State are orders, after all!

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

6 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

LOL

Good one, Pamela!

I do wear size fifteen "Gordon" dress shoes by Dockers.

I swear to God.

Available at J. C. Penny. (Catalog order, only)

75 bucks, iirc.

PS   Good for "stompin' vermin," one would think.

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Hi Pamela!

I just quoted TG to see how his post would evolve. He spends hours and days tweaking his posts. I even noticed, since he has returned, that he has been editing some of his posts that are years old.

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

LOL

Good one, Pamela!

I do wear size fifteen "Gordon" dress shoes by Dockers.

I swear to God.

Available at J. C. Penny. (Catalog order, only)

75 bucks, iirc.

PS   Good for "stompin' vermin."

What, Tommy, pray-tell, does this have to do wit the subject at hand?

17 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Hi Pamela!

I just quoted TG to see how his post would evolve. He spends hours and days tweaking his posts. I even noticed, since he has returned, that he has been editing some of his posts that are years old.

Yes, I changed my height and weight recently, among other less important things.

Gasp! .... is that ... permitted?

Good "catch," Michael! 

(You're taking screen shots to "document" all of my devious edits, I hope.)

-- Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

18 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Michael,

Do you fear that there's a ... gasp ... conspiracy afoot?

PS  Antics?  What antics, Michael? 

PPS  What are "antics," anyway?

Are they something like highjinks (sp?) ?

Bumped and highlighted for Michael "Big M" Clark.

Anyway, in spite of the above, I really do hope Paul reconsiders his decision.

Paul, the place changes over time, if slowly.  JFK Assassination Debate on Education Forum has beaten every other forum of its type in the past, and it will again.  Whatever your dissatisfaction now (or mine), I can't think of a forum that it's not beating at the moment.

I second Paul's support of David Josephs and Don Jeffries..

Edited by David Andrews

The current owners of the site and the moderators as well are people who have lives outside the forum. Sometimes they don't see certain posts until they are brought to a moderator's attention. 

Sometimes the moderators disagree on taking certain actions. There are sometimes "back-channel" emails exchanged among the owners and moderators discussing courses of action that are taken [or are not taken]. But it's not as if some grand cabal is behind removing or suspending certain forum members. And we are human. Sometimes someone irritates a certain owner or moderator to the point that action is taken that may be hasty or overreactive. It happens.

I happen to think that the majority of David Josephs' recent posts have been quite informative. But there have been a few which some mods may believe have crossed a line. The truth is, I'm not driving this bus. Then again, I'm also not the person who is making the major financial commitment to keep the forum available. Therefore, any comments I have are merely advisory, and may or may not carry any weight at any given point in time.

But I sincerely hope that Paul Brancato reconsiders and stays.

1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

The current owners of the site and the moderators as well are people who have lives outside the forum. Sometimes they don't see certain posts until they are brought to a moderator's attention. 

Sometimes the moderators disagree on taking certain actions. There are sometimes "back-channel" emails exchanged among the owners and moderators discussing courses of action that are taken [or are not taken]. But it's not as if some grand cabal is behind removing or suspending certain forum members. And we are human. Sometimes someone irritates a certain owner or moderator to the point that action is taken that may be hasty or overreactive. It happens.

I happen to think that the majority of David Josephs' recent posts have been quite informative. But there have been a few which some mods may believe have crossed a line. The truth is, I'm not driving this bus. Then again, I'm also not the person who is making the major financial commitment to keep the forum available. Therefore, any comments I have are merely advisory, and may or may not carry any weight at any given point in time.

But I sincerely hope that Paul Brancato reconsiders and stays.

Mark, Thanks for the insight. I would ask one thing. Please don't leave somebody like Don Jeffries out of the loop. That can be disconcerting, to Don, at least.

Don Jeffries shows up in the staff section of the forum. Most of all, I feel (lack of a better term, "bad?) that he does not know he stands. I know that feeling. It is a very bad feeling.

Lastly, Thanks to you and your colleagues for all that you do.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark