The Education Forum

Alpha 66

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Irish Smith.  Must have been on his Dad's side, thus it's the surname.   Most popular one in the U.S.  Maybe his ancestors were smithy's, who shoed all the horses in Ireland.

If you go the main Mary Ferrell Foundation web page

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/JFK_Assassination.html

and you type in 105-112098, you pick up a whole lot of FBI files on Alpha 66. There's over 1,000 page hits.

I'm not sure if that record series is just the FBI HSCA subject files for the Church Committee, or if it was designed to include other things as well.

Steve Thomas

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, Michael Clark said:

Back in the day, when the Dallas Police Department Archives was a thing, they devoted a lot of resources investigating Sergio Aracho Smith during 1967 and 68 during the height of Garrison's investigation. I got the impression that the DPD wanted to discredit anything that would upset the "Oswald did it alone" cart. To me, they seemed kind of paranold about it.

I don't know how much of their Smith files made it to the Portal To Texas History collection, but interested parties might look there.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

On 11/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, Guest said:

Alpha 66 - 3126 Harlendale.

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt, scans by me.

I guess I missed this one by Bart over a year after I quit posting in it, or I would have said thank you then.  Thanks to both of them.  Lot of good info in this thread, as well as yours.  Thanks for bumping it Matt, worth a re-read.