The Education Forum

THIS 11/22/63 photo is shocking people: new discovery...from a guy who hates photo analysis!

I USUALLY HATE "PHOTO ANALYSIS"! It feels like one big, subjective Rorschach Test: you see what you want to see; wishful thinking. With that caveat in mind, here ARE two photos from 11/22/63 I DO feel compelled to believe something is amiss. This one seems to show a man on the overpass with a walkie-talkie (ostensibly, the overpass was supposed to be cleared of spectators. Agent Lawson was distressed by this) [Harry Cabluck photo- motorcade cars STILL going under the underpass at this time]

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

38404615_10215588740967139_2473237280811

WALKIE-TALKIE? I am getting quite a bit of positive and stunned reaction on social media by posting these photos the other day from researchers and regular folk alike. 

38204261_10215588740687132_7619657001152

BONUS ALSO POSTED SAME DAY: NOT NEW BUT LARGELY OVERLOOKED (Other than, famously, by Tink Thompson...based on people's reactions, it has been overlooked):

38208435_10215588742367174_8941891768744
Blowup of arrowed area---man behind the fence....or, rather, his fedora cap, a la Jack Ruby's?

38311153_10215588741807160_3530474395896

Even Mary Moorman HERSELF thought this was interesting (she's a Facebook friend)! :)

It seems like the motor cop is staring at walkie-talkie man, too.  If that's what he's got in his hand.

What's up in these Cancellare photos soon after?  Two cops, no questions for walkie-talkie?

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=4

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=5

normal_Cancellarecrop.jpg

Edited by David Andrews

Vince, Of course the critical thing in the "walkie talkie photo" ( if that's what it is ) is when was that photo taken? Prior to the assassination, Sam Holland and his fellow railroad employees were up on the overpass. i don't think Mary Moorman is necessarily any more qualified to comment on the validity of the "fedora" than you or me and I do think we are  fading a bit into the "Rorschach test" on that one.

Fair enough. Like I said, this isn't my forte and I just offer these as food for thought (that said, a lot of people are going ape over them haha). The possible walkie-talkie photo was taken AS MOTORCADE VEHICLES WERE STILL GOING UNDER THE UNDERPASS! As for the Moorman photo, remember-50 years ago, Tink Thompson also pointed this specific anomaly out.

The radio, if military was called an AN/PRC-6.  Commonly, this was called a handie-talkie or walkie-talkie.  There was in that time a civilian version available and is what was probably being used in the photo.  I believe Brad Milch spoke of this several years ago on the forum.  His conclusion was this was a railroad detective.

Because of various holdups parts of the motorcade were going under the overpass for several minutes, perhaps as long as 5 minutes.  I would disassociate this Cabluck photo with the events of the assassination and only consider it as something taken as sometime after the assassination by Cabluck. 

That’s a compelling photo and I don’t like photo analysis zaniness either.

if you scroll to the left you can see a lady and man looking behind them to their left as if they are watching the President’s car still in sight.   The lady appears to have her hand on her mouth in shocked horror and disbelief.

Three things: 

1) Would love to know who that officer is and if he gave his testimony to anyone

2) Would like to know what the object is in front of fedora man and a similar-looking object on the vertical bridge post a little further from him

3) Very few photos of Dealey if any have captured in stark relief and poignancy the magnitude of what had just occurred. The expression on the larger gentleman to the far left says if all. And the reckless bravery of the officer is also dramatic and at least one plus for the performance of the DPD that day. Also, for some reason, this photo looks more ‘present- day’ and real than any I’ve seen.

7 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Blowup of arrowed area---man behind the fence....or, rather, his fedora cap, a la Jack Ruby's?

38311153_10215588741807160_3530474395896

Even Mary Moorman HERSELF thought this was interesting (she's a Facebook friend)! :)

Vince,

Could this person behind the fence be the person (or the hat of the person anyway ) captured in fame 413 of the Zapruder film? (see bottom center)

image.thumb.png.9ec4f158f6bd60f532738a61344ee582.png

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Vince,

Could this person behind the fence be the person (or the hat of the person anyway ) captured in fame 413 of the Zapruder film? (see bottom center)

image.thumb.png.9ec4f158f6bd60f532738a61344ee582.png

Steve Thomas

No- different location. That is old news---I think it was determined by the HSCA that that is just a photo anomaly.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:14 PM, Vince Palamara said:

BONUS ALSO POSTED SAME DAY: NOT NEW BUT LARGELY OVERLOOKED (Other than, famously, by Tink Thompson...based on people's reactions, it has been overlooked):

38208435_10215588742367174_8941891768744

I'm sticking my neck out.  I believe there is a multitude of people in the Moorman photo.  What I see is to the left of the pergola, a bunch of people in what looks like white choir robes.  It starts at the bottom practically and moves upward.  It's hard not to see it once you've seen it.  There are many people on the grassy knoll.  I believe one is a cameraman in the tree, shooting the "other film."

I believe they're members of the Ku Klux Klan!

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins
Realized what I was looking at in the Moorman photo.