The Education Forum

Man arrested at back of Texas Theater

I was listening to a podcast today and was reminded of the story of a man who was arrested and taken out of the back of the Texas Theater the same time Oswald was taken out the front. 

I was wondering if anyone has info on what went on in the back alley behind the TT. I've read in the past a man who worked a few doors down witnessed the arrest and didnt realize Oswald was taken out the front until years later while watching or reading about it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is at least on thread, active in the last two years, that has a good account of the the man being taken out of the back. I can’t remember enough to find it quickly. I think Steve Thomas shared the specific, interesting, and credible account of that occurrence.

9 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

There is at least on thread, active in the last two years, that has a good account of the the man being taken out of the back. I can’t remember enough to find it quickly. I think Steve Thomas shared the specific, interesting, and credible account of that occurrence.

Cool thanks Mike

5 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

I was listening to a podcast today and was reminded of the story of a man who was arrested and taken out of the back of the Texas Theater the same time Oswald was taken out the front. 

I was wondering if anyone has info on what went on in the back alley behind the TT. I've read in the past a man who worked a few doors down witnessed the arrest and didnt realize Oswald was taken out the front until years later while watching or reading about it.

That's about it in a nutshell.  But it goes deeper.  A report of a man in the balcony with a shotgun.  A statement about Oswald buying popcorn and going to the balcony.  Report of an arrest in the balcony and the suspect being taken out the back door.  Which leads to Carl Mather's car.  And this recent post from the esteemed Bill Kelly.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2019/02/wes-wise-carl-mather-documents.html

25 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

That's about it in a nutshell.  But it goes deeper.  A report of a man in the balcony with a shotgun.  A statement about Oswald buying popcorn and going to the balcony.  Report of an arrest in the balcony and the suspect being taken out the back door.  Which leads to Carl Mather's car.  And this recent post from the esteemed Bill Kelly.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2019/02/wes-wise-carl-mather-documents.html

Then there's Mather's secret testimony to the HSCA, for which he was given immunity, and is still sealed from our eyes until like 2050 or so.

10 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Michael,

That was probably in this thread:

Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of Tippit...

beginning on page 34:http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/22875-two-dallas-cops-were-involved-in-the-pre-arranged-murder-of-tippit/page/34/

Steve Thomas

On 3/13/2019 at 10:12 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Then there's Mather's secret testimony to the HSCA, for which he was given immunity, and is still sealed from our eyes until like 2050 or so.

Hi Ron, While Mather was given immunity to testify he was never called - and didn't. No secret HSCA testimony - was never called. 

HSCA investigator Jack Moriarity did catch up with Mather and questioned him - but not under oath, and did talk to Mather's boss at Collins 

BK 

John A. has been reporting for years that Bernard Haire, who owned a hobby shop two doors east of the Texas Theater, saw who he thought was LHO under arrest brought out the back of the theater on 11/22/63.  Haire spoke to some of Oliver Stone’s staff during the making of JFK.

During author James Douglass’ 2007 interview with theater concessionaire Butch Burroughs,  Burroughs said that he saw two different people arrested in the Texas Theater.  He saw Oswald's arrest on the main floor and then, "three or four minutes later," watched as the Dallas police arrested "an Oswald lookalike."  Burroughs added that the second man arrested "looked almost like Oswald, like he was his brother or something."

DPD records have been available for decades indicating that an Oswald was arrested in the theater balcony as well as the main floor.

balcony2.gif

balcony1.gif

John’s most recent write-up on the main floor/balcony arrests can be read on my website here:

https://harveyandlee.net/November/November_22.htm

Scroll down about ¾ of the page to the heading: “LEE OSWALD IS ARRESTED IN THE BALCONY AND TAKEN OUT THE BACK OF THE THEATER”

Edited by Jim Hargrove

4 hours ago, William Kelly said:

Hi Ron, While Mather was given immunity to testify he was never called - and didn't. No secret HSCA testimony - was never called. 

HSCA investigator Jack Moriarity did catch up with Mather and questioned him - but not under oath, and did talk to Mather's boss at Collins 

BK 

Thanks for setting me straight Bill.  I knew I'd read about the immunity, guess I assumed since they went to the trouble of giving him immunity they would have gone ahead and questioned him.  Why if what he was to be questioned about was important enough to grant the immunity was it not important enough to follow through with the questioning?  Did someone step in and stop it? 

• 4 months later...