The Education Forum

Biden Misses Kennedy's Assassination By A Decade, Places It In 'Late 70s'

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

I was at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, at the Blue Oyster Cult and Aerosmith show.  The crowd was real rowdy, a lot of firecrackers and a few fights 'n' sh*t.  Somebody slipped me some bad 'shrooms on top of the jug of Boone's Farm green apple wine I drank, and the room started to, like, quiver.  At first I felt perfection like from outer space, and made a lot of happiness noises.  Then I couldn't hold it down anymore, and had to bolt for the head in the middle of "Don't Fear the Reaper." 

So I'm bent over, talkin' to Ralph with the stall door open, when some douche lets off a nuclear bomb in the Coliseum, blowing all the clothes clean off my back.  Now I have no hair on my butt, and I can't have kids, but damn if that wasn't the best concert ever, even though it got called before Aerosmith's encore because them three dudes all got killed the same night.  Bummer for them.

No, no please...don't remind me of Boone's Farm green apple or strawberry hill... Can't go there again...ever!  😩

But the comic relief is much appreciated.  I've been worried sick all day that the newly self-anointed King of Israel will nuke Hurricane Dorian before it hits Mar-a-Lago...

On 8/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, David Andrews said:

"Wait, I do too know!  I was in a disco, dancing to KC & the Sunshine Band!"

Over a decade off regarding the JFK assassination, Joe.  If he'd lived that long, released in 1975, this might have been Oswald's favorite song. Full screen for fuller effect.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=kc+and+the+sunshine+band+boogie+man&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=2aef998b34754c8787bfc737ea4132e8&sp=-1&pq=kc+and+the+sunshine+band+boogie+man&sc=9-35&qs=n&sk=&cvid=2aef998b34754c8787bfc737ea4132e8

Well I think there may be a difference between knowing where you were and what you were doing when JFK was assassinated and when RFK was assassinated. Biden was referring to the latter. I certainly remember when I heard about the JFK assassination (I was walking down a stairway in the library at the University of Florida when someone said "The President has been shot!").But I can't honestly say what I was doing (other than the fact that I was probably watching TV where I lived at the time) when I heard that RFK was assassinated. Maybe I was already inoculated to the shock of such a thing. But based on my own experience, I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't remember what he was doing when JFK was assassinated (such as George H.W. Bush saying he thinks he was "somewhere in Texas") is lying.

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Well I think there may be a difference between knowing where you were and what you were doing when JFK was assassinated and when RFK was assassinated. Biden was referring to the latter. I certainly remember when I heard about the JFK assassination (I was walking down a stairway in the library at the University of Florida when someone said "The President has been shot!").But I can't honestly say what I was doing (other than the fact that I was probably watching TV where I lived at the time) when I heard that RFK was assassinated. Maybe I was already inoculated to the shock of such a thing. But based on my own experience, I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't remember what he was doing when JFK was assassinated (such as George H.W. Bush saying he thinks he was "somewhere in Texas") is lying.

For people on the east coast they were mostly a sleep when the RFK debacle happened.

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

No, no please...don't remind me of Boone's Farm green apple or strawberry hill... Can't go there again...ever!  😩

But the comic relief is much appreciated.  I've been worried sick all day that the newly self-anointed King of Israel will nuke Hurricane Dorian before it hits Mar-a-Lago...

If you want to talk CIA mind-control drugs...Boone's Farm!

2 hours ago, Jim Harwood said:

For people on the east coast they were mostly a sleep when the RFK debacle happened.

Yes, I was then living in NYC and got a late night phone call from my former Georgetown U. roommate Tongsun Park who awakened me to tell me of RFK's assassination. Tongsun in the mid-1970's was the central character in Koreagate. I was served a subpoena by the House Committee investigating the scandal and was told that I would be the first witness at the televised congressional hearing. I responded to the committee that I would gladly testify but that based on what I had gone through a few years earlier with Watergate, I was certain that the committee's investigation would attempt to focus attention on the innocent small-fry and let the Big Fish get away. The committee then informed me that my testimony would not be needed. House Speaker Tip O'Neill was deep into the scandal but walked away unscathed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreagate

Edited by Douglas Caddy

44 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Yes, I was then living in NYC and got a late night phone call from my former Georgetown U. roommate Tongsun Park who awakened me to tell me of RFK's assassination. Tongsun in the mid-1970's was the central character in Koreagate. I was served a subpoena by the House Committee investigating the scandal and was told that I would be the first witness at the televised congressional hearing. I responded to the committee that I would gladly testify but that based on what I had gone through a few years earlier with Watergate, I was certain that the committee's investigation would attempt to focus attention on the innocent small-fry and let the Big Fish get away. The committee then informed me that my testimony would not be needed. House Speaker Tip O'Neill was deep into the scandal but walked away unscathed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreagate

Doug I don't want to hijack the thread but when you mention Tip O'Neill and Watergate the two are perhaps much closer related than most think. Had Hale Boggs not disappeared in a flight over Alaska he would have been Speaker of the House and we might assume Boggs would have squashed the Watergate hearing before they got started. But when he went missing Kennedy political machine operative Tip O'Neill took over and the rest is history. So while many think Boggs went missing because he was a Warren Commission dissenter, some people believe he was bumped in order to pave the way for the removal of our second President in just a decades time.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/12/donald-trump-impeachment-democrats-nancy-pelosi-tip-oneill-223966

4 hours ago, David Andrews said:

If you want to talk CIA mind-control drugs...Boone's Farm!

Damn.  It never occurred to me that Boone's Farm may have been part of a Deep State op to make rebellious American teenagers puke... 😩

Yes, the RFK assassination took place when most people on the east coast were asleep.

Therefore it did not have that shootout at high noon quality to it.  And also, almost no one in the east or midwest saw the Sandy Serrano interview with Vanocur.

I was in grade school at the time of the JFK murder and we got sent home.