The Education Forum

Who got to William Greer?

Guest Rich Pope
On 9/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Two gunmen in the concrete pergola.  One blew JFK's head off, the other shot Governor Connally on the back; There is photographic and film evidence to prove this.

After the sharp turn from Houston to Elm Street, why didn't the limo take off? He stated he was going 12-15 miles per hour.

Why did the limo slow down to a crawl? The limo slowed down enough that Secret Service Agent Clint Hill was able to run from the follow up car to the limousine and get on.

Clint hill would have to run at a speed to 24-30 mph to catch up to the limo if the limo was going 12-15 miles per hour.

IMO, it looked like the only reason William Greer sped off was to prevent SSA Hill from getting on the limousine.

The question is, who told William Greer to slow down the limo on Elm Street in front of the concrete pergola?

Who could have possibly told to him to do so?  When was he told to do so? 

How was he convinced it was the right thing to do?

FYI - Greer retired on disability from the Secret Service in 1966 due to a stomach ulcer that grew worse following the Kennedy assassination.

If you are insinuating Greer developed ulcers from a guilty conscience, you're misinformed about what actually causes ulcers.  The medical profession used to think that psychological stress caused ulcers.  However, we now know that physical stress can cause ulcers, not emotional stress.  I believe Greer was in on the plot to murder JFK, but if he later regretted it, he didn't develop ulcers from it. Now, if you do already have an ulcer, spicy foods, and stress can aggravate the ulcer, but these things are not the cause.   https://www.healthline.com/health/stress-ulcer#stress-and-ulcers

Edited by Rich Pope

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

If you are insinuating Greer developed ulcers from a guilty conscience, you're misinformed about what actually causes ulcers.  The medical profession used to think that psychological stress caused ulcers.  However, we now know that physical stress can cause ulcers, not emotional stress.  I believe Greer was in on the plot to murder JFK, but if he later regretted it, he didn't develop ulcers from it. Now, if you do already have an ulcer, spicy foods, and stress can aggravate the ulcer, but these things are not the cause.   https://www.healthline.com/health/stress-ulcer#stress-and-ulcers

Thank you Dr. Pope, but Dr. Clark, who stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, believes that sugar and highly refined grains causes ulcers. Dr. Clark will, of course, have to have another well-considered stay at a Holiday Inn Express in order to be qualified to give a diagnosis as to Mr. Greer’s emotional state.

Guest Rich Pope
Just now, Michael Clark said:

Thank you Dr. Pope, but Dr. Clark, who stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, believes that sugar and highly refined grains causes ulcers. Dr. Clark will, of course, have to have another well-considered stay at a Holiday Inn Express in order to be qualified to give a diagnosis as to Mr. Greer’s emotional state.

I'm just saying stress doesn't cause ulcers which is what was being implied by the post.  As if Greer was so guilt ridden that he had to go on disability because of his stress-caused ulcers which is an old wive's tale.

1 hour ago, Rich Pope said:

I am not insinuating, that is the reason he gave for retiring from the Secret Service.

3 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I am not insinuating, that is the reason he gave for retiring from the Secret Service.

Yes you are. If Greer didn’t say that his ulcers were the result of a guilty conscience, then you insinuated it by your statement: 

“The question is, who told William Greer to slow down the limo on Elm Street in front of the concrete pergola?

FYI - Greer retired on disability from the Secret Service in 1966 due to a stomach ulcer that grew worse following the Kennedy assassination.”

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Yes you are. If Greer didn’t say that his ulcers were the result of a guilty conscience, then you insinuated it by your statement: 

“The question is, who told William Greer to slow down the limo on Elm Street in front of the concrete pergola?

FYI - Greer retired on disability from the Secret Service in 1966 due to a stomach ulcer that grew worse following the Kennedy assassination.”

I am not insinuating anything, I am stating the reason why he retired from the Secret Service, according to the Washington post.  I got that statement from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Greer

Now, you are insinuating that I am insinuating that Greer retired from the Secret Service because of Ulcers he got from assassinating JFK, as if it was a bad thing.

BTW, you may want to use a different word other than "insinuating", because maybe you want to say that I am implying that Greer retired from the Secret Service because of an ulcer he got from assassinating JFK. 

insinuating
/inˈsinyo͝oādiNG/
adjective

1. 1.
    hinting at something bad in an indirect and unpleasant way.
    "dirty, insinuating laughter"

2. 2.
    using subtle manipulation to maneuver oneself into a favorable position.
    "a sneaky, insinuating move"

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar

I'd be interested in more info on Greer if I had time to go back and dig on the little I've read.  I know little of Irish politics but if I remember right his family opposed those the Kennedy's supported in the homeland.  He was a first generation immigrant, uneducated, didn't finish high school.  Taken under the wing of the Henry Cabot Lodge family.  Who JFK defeated, Lodge, as an incumbent Senator to become one.  Then he's an old out of shape not a regular driver Secret Service Agent.  I wonder if he was even armed, protecting the president, was he ever given any real training?  A Physical?

Edited by Ron Bulman

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'd be interested in more info on Greer if I had time to go back and dig on the little I've read.  I know little of Irish politics but if I remember right his family opposed those the Kennedy's supported in the homeland.  He was a first generation immigrant, uneducated, didn't finish high school.  Taken under the wing of the Henry Cabot Lodge family.  Who JFK defeated, Lodge, as an incumbent Senator to become one.  Then he's an old out of shape not a regular driver Secret Service Agent.  I wonder if he was even armed, protecting the president, was he ever given any real training?  A Physical?

Per the post above:

Greer was the best the SS had to offer in regards to JFK's security as the driver of the limo?

And Kellerman didn't even attempt to get over his seat back to cover JFK after the first hit and second one as agent Youngblood did for his charge LBJ.

Too bad it wasn't Youngblood in JFK's limo versus Kellerman.

Guest Rich Pope

I believe the most telling thing is that the Muchmore film shows the break lights of the limo to be on (lit up red) AND Greer turning around to see what was happening behind him.  It is my humble opinion he was waiting for Kennedy to get hit by the fatal head shot before he gunned the engine and headed to Parkland.  

Secret Service procedures in place at the time did not allow Greer to take action without orders from senior agent Roy Kellerman, who sat to Greer's right. Kellerman has stated that he shouted, "Let's get out of line, we've been hit," but that Greer apparently turned to look at Kennedy, initiating a fatal delay, before accelerating the car out of the danger zone.[6] As Roy Kellerman told author William Manchester, "Greer then looked in the back of the car. Maybe he didn't believe me."[7]

No agents were reprimanded or disciplined for their actions during the shooting, but privately, Jackie Kennedy was bitterly critical of the agents' performance, Greer's in particular, comparing his efforts to those of "Maud Shaw" (the Kennedy children's nanny).[8] Greer later delivered a heartfelt apology to her.[9]

26 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

I believe the most telling thing is that the Muchmore film shows the break lights of the limo to be on (lit up red) AND Greer turning around to see what was happening behind him.  It is my humble opinion he was waiting for Kennedy to get hit by the fatal head shot before he gunned the engine and headed to Parkland.  

Secret Service procedures in place at the time did not allow Greer to take action without orders from senior agent Roy Kellerman, who sat to Greer's right. Kellerman has stated that he shouted, "Let's get out of line, we've been hit," but that Greer apparently turned to look at Kennedy, initiating a fatal delay, before accelerating the car out of the danger zone.[6] As Roy Kellerman told author William Manchester, "Greer then looked in the back of the car. Maybe he didn't believe me."[7]

No agents were reprimanded or disciplined for their actions during the shooting, but privately, Jackie Kennedy was bitterly critical of the agents' performance, Greer's in particular, comparing his efforts to those of "Maud Shaw" (the Kennedy children's nanny).[8] Greer later delivered a heartfelt apology to her.[9]

The ultimate failure ... and no reprimands?

Where's the accountability?

Guest Rich Pope
1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

The ultimate failure ... and no reprimands?

Where's the accountability?

Joe,

I don't know.  The sad and scariest part of all of this is soon everyone involved with the assassination will pass-away and there will be no one left to come forward.  I personally believe Trump made a mistake by releasing the JFK files with redactions.  I'm still haunted by Johnny Roselli's words where he bragged to a source that he and his men murdered JFK from the sewer drain and the grassy knoll while the police and witnesses were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. - M. Wesley Swearingen, To Kill a President, 2008.  Keep in mind the opening to the sewer drain back in 1963 was much larger than it is now since Elm Street has been paved over many times, the last being right before the making of the movie JFK.  A nearly stopped limo with an up and away head movement convinces me the kill shot came from where Johnny Roselli said it did.

4 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Joe,

I don't know.  The sad and scariest part of all of this is soon everyone involved with the assassination will pass-away and there will be no one left to come forward.  I personally believe Trump made a mistake by releasing the JFK files with redactions.  I'm still haunted by Johnny Roselli's words where he bragged to a source that he and his men murdered JFK from the sewer drain and the grassy knoll while the police and witnesses were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. - M. Wesley Swearingen, To Kill a President, 2008.  Keep in mind the opening to the sewer drain back in 1963 was much larger than it is now since Elm Street has been paved over many times, the last being right before the making of the movie JFK.  A nearly stopped limo with an up and away head movement convinces me the kill shot came from where Johnny Roselli said it did.

Rich,

Johnny Roselli just had words to say according to others.  There is photographic and film evidence that you can actually see with your eyes of two gunmen at the concrete pergola. 

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar

Guest Rich Pope
12 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Rich,

Johnny Roselli just had words to say according to others.  There is photographic and film evidence that you can actually see with your eyes of two gunmen at the concrete pergola. 

This video is bologna. Check out this link.   https://majorityrights.com/weblog/news_comments/jfk_assassination_files_released_declassified_documents_reveal_cia_plots_to

Edited by Rich Pope

Guest Rich Pope
9 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

What is garbage?  Sourced film and photographic facts that you can see or hearsay of people trying to sell JFK books?

I would really like to have a conversation about this.

I just posted a link.  If you have time, go through it.  There are eyewitnesses that place a shooter in the storm drain.  There are researchers who have come forward and argued for the storm drain theory.  This is the entire reason why Greer slowed-down the limo to almost a complete stop, to aid the shooter in the storm drain to accomplish his task.