The Education Forum

Destiny Betrayed-- Illustrated?

Now that an illustrated version of the Mueller Report is being published, ($20-- available in December of 2019) I'm wondering if it's time for America to get an illustrated version of Destiny Betrayed.

Any thoughts?

To be honest I’d enjoy a decent new JFK assassination book - or a reprint of a very good one like DB - that was heavily illustrated and had photos for a majority of the names mentioned. It somehow makes things less abstract and would save me having to surf around the web to see what various supporting participants looked like.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

2 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

To be honest I’d enjoy a decent new JFK assassination book - or a reprint of a very good one like DB - that was heavily illustrated and had photos for a majority of the names mentioned. It somehow makes things less abstract and would save me having to surf around the web to see what various supporting participants looked like.

I'm picturing more of a graphic novel/Classic Comics format for the illustrated version of Destiny Betrayed, similar to the illustrated Mueller Report.

For example, Chapter 17 would feature comic book frames of JFK talking to Galbraith and McNamara in September and October of 1963 about the planned, step-wise withdrawal from Vietnam, followed by a frame of LBJ telling Henry Cabot Lodge on November 24, 1963 -- "I am not going to lose Vietnam!"

This would be absolutely fantastic. I think an artist honestly needs to capture (very well I might add...) the essence of the personnel involved with many of the historical events. Capture the likenesses well of said historical persons in a simple yet powerful style. That kind of masterwork would take, comfortably, anywhere between 1-3 years I'd say.

5 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Funny you mention that Anthony. I am exactly the same way and I would absolutely love to hear the voices of many of these significant figures once you either read about them or see photos of them. Chief among them for me is David Morales, Robertson and Harvey just to name a big few. I'd kill to hear their speech.

If they can graphically depict the details of the Mueller Report, it could certainly be done with Destiny Betrayed.

This is the format I was thinking of...

1585164.jpg

Edited by W. Niederhut

Fantagraphics included a smattering of JFK assassination stuff in their comic softcover THE BUSH JUNTA a decade or so ago, in a piece covering George HW Bush’s saga from Skull and Bones and dad Prescott’s profiteering up to the present day.  A version like that depicted above would be useful though.

It would seem that clearing the images for use in an illustrated book would be an issue. I'm reminded of the legal controversy over Shepard Fairey's "Hope" poster for Obama. Most source images of people would have to be cleared and purchased, wouldn't they? And then there's the issue of some people you probably couldn't use in an illustrated narrative, like the Paines.

• 4 weeks later...

Voila!   WaPo will be publishing some of these illustrated Mueller Report graphics this month.

(I can't picture WaPo and the Company performing a similar public service for an illustrated Destiny Betrayed.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/mueller-report-illustrated/

Edited by W. Niederhut

• 4 weeks later...

I just read the Mueller Report Illustrated this morning-- free at WaPo for subscribers-- which Amazon is now selling as a $15 paperback.

It's an easy 30-45 minute read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/mueller-report-illustrated/chapter-one/

Simon & Schuster did a good job of presenting the graphic details of Trump's persistent obstruction of the Russia-gate investigation(s) in a chronological narrative format.

So many damning details, beginning with Trump and Michael Flynn's attempted subversion of the December 2016 U.S. government sanctions against Russia-- imposed in response to the Kremlin's 2016 election hack -- and the ensuing Trump cover up, which Chris Christie likened to Trump getting gum on his shoe.

The narrative timeline is helpful in grasping the big picture of Trump's serial Russia-gate felonies.

Among the many damning details were John Dowd and Jay Sekulow floating Trump pardons for Rick Gates, Paul Manafort, and Michael Cohen, to obstruct witness testimony in Mueller's investigation.

• 2 months later...