The Education Forum

On-line Users

1 minute ago, Andrej Stancak said:

One solution maybe to stay with Invision as a "JFK Educational Debate" or similar group and decouple from the rest of EF, the large EF would be closed in due time. Invision would setup the new Debate group and move all JFK-related threads and archives to the new interest group before closing down the existing EF. We would continue existing in the same format and under a viable funding regime. We cannot pay for unrelated topics after the fee has been raised so dramatically.  

Why not?  What difference does it make why we need `17 people to put up 20 bucks a month?

4 grand a year?  Chicken feed among the active posters on the JFK forum.  So what if we have to carry dead weight.  BFD...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff,

It is a debatable point that there will be 17 members who will be prepared to donate $25 per month. At present we are being charged over $300 per month. If usage of the other forums increases Invision will increase our charge. That is the issue that bothers me.

I have contacted Invision and asked whether it is possible to detach the JFK forum from the rest of the EF. Essentially we would be talking about deleting the remainder of the EF. I have yet to hear back from Invision.

Cliff is right a monthly donation would certainly be he;pful, though we have never had regular monthly donations.

My real fear is the is EF users activity increases then $353 may not be the end of the matter and in future we will see further increases.

James.

In my view, any non-moderated parts of EF should be either taken over by one or more new moderators who would then negotiate with Invision the funding of their parts of EF. Basically, they would also create a new EF group which would, however, be independent from the JFK Debate group. If parts of EF are not moderated, I am afraid that those cannot be sustained because of a number of risks.

I am not sure if separating JFK Debate from the rest of EF can be accomplished, however, if it could happen, the rest of EF should have e.g., a month grace period to download and archive their materials or sort out their future with Invision.

I may be wrong, but I have noticed a decrease in users rather than an increase.  Comments on the forum stay longer before heading to the second page.  Folks do not immediately respond to a comment as quickly as before.  The forum debate has degenerated to a smaller group of users than in prior times.  This may be due to stricter standards keeping the haters from expressing their hate.

What might be happening is an attack on the Forum because recent posts in several threads are developing what might be new ways to look at the Kennedy assassination.

Or, something at Invision is not correct or they have gotten greedy.

I like Cory Santos' post below.

Edited by John Butler

The problem is last night there were a handful of members online and 64 guests.  Right now there is a handful of members and 63 guests.  Watch the guest number.   I bet they are not real.  The number should change more. 

Edited by Cory Santos

I have just had the following message from Invision

I'm sorry for the delay here, we are reviewing your traffic currently, since this has already passed on the traffic spike it's something that is being reviewed by our network team.   We will be back with you on your original ticket as soon as we have some further information. 

Thank you.

Rhett 
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Corey Santos has a good point.  Does the number of guest count in this total.  If so, then put a limit on the number of guests at any one time.

Hi everyone.

I have just been informed that there has been a further spike in on-line users. The new monthly charge is $590 per month. The new user level is 571 over the past 48 hours.

There is no reason to doubt that in the following 48 hours there will be a further spike.

If this is not sorted out by the end of December I am going to have to default on payment until this matter is resolved. That means the site will go dark. I will be out of money at this rate. Hopefully Invision will have solved the problem by then.