The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Well, finally some good news. Even the NYT says Julian Assange should not be prosecuted. Will the Biden Administration see the light? 

---

Leading media outlets urge U.S. to end prosecution of Julian Assange

By Kanishka Singh

WASHINGTON, Nov 28 (Reuters) - The United States should end its prosecution of Julian Assange, leading media outlets from the United States and Europe that had collaborated with the WikiLeaks founder said on Monday, citing press freedom concerns.

"This indictment sets a dangerous precedent, and threatens to undermine America's First Amendment and the freedom of the press," editors and publishers of the Guardian, the New York Times, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, and El País said in an open letter.

---30---

Oh, you think?

One of the ugliest prosecutions ever of a true journalist...is still going on. 

Add on: Beijing put pro-democracy Hong Kong publisher Jimmy Lai behind bars about a year ago. For publishing news. 

Not just Biden, but any US president would fist-bump with MbS and shake hands with President Xi, as Biden recently has. 

Makes you wonder....

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Get a clue, Mathew.  You are committing libel here on the forum-- making false statements that inaccurately impugn the reputation of a forum member.

At what point have you crossed the line for acceptable forum behavior here at the "water cooler?"

I posted this data about COVID mortality rates and party affiliation because you claimed (above) that no one had analyzed COVID mortality data based on party affiliation.  You were wrong.

80% of deaths in this study is a fairly comprehensive U.S. database-- correlating with the epidemiological data from other sources that have clearly documented higher COVID death rates in U.S. counties that voted for Trump.

This isn't surprising, given the way that Trump and Fox News have politicized resistance to proper public health management of the COVID pandemic since 2020.

The CDC mortality data that I posted for you (above) about death rates and vaccination status is a somewhat different issue than party affiliation, per se.  There has been a NINEFOLD increased incidence in excess deaths in unvaccinated adults over age 65 in the U.S. since mid-2021.

Obviously, some Republican voters got vaccinated.

William,

I’ve already posted a video by Irish researcher Ivor Cummins in which he presents an analysis of the official Irish covid statistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpnLda6hS4

The official number of “covid deaths” for the years 2020 and 2021 usually cited is 7,397 (out of a total population of about five million). However, only 153 of those deaths were from covid alone, where there were no co-morbidities.

Moreover, only 61 of those covid-only deaths occurred in 2020 before the “vaccines” were rolled out and at a time when one might have expected the vast majority of those most covid-vulnerable to die.

This statistic alone blows the official covid narrative out of the water. The lethal covid pandemic which the authorities claimed existed was a fabrication, a scam, a psyop which was used to frighten and stampede the masses into submitting to a fascistic regime involving stripping them of many of their freedoms, isolating them by lockdowns, dehumanising them by mask mandates, segregating them by jab mandates, censoring and punishing dissent and vilifying and scapegoating dissenters.

The larger “covid-deaths” figure of 7,397 which includes co-morbidities is a red herring, if only for the reason that the most lethal and common “co-morbidity” by far where covid is concerned is old age.

Of course, old age is not officially counted as a co-morbidity. But since the vast majority of the 7,397 who died with/from covid were old and had co-morbidities, and since we know that there are many co-morbidities which are particularly lethal for the old, the 7,397 figure is largely meaningless for the purpose of assessing the impact of covid.

This is borne out by fact that the average age of death with/from covid is, as Chris has mentioned, higher than the average age of death for the population generally.

I’ve also previously mentioned Professor of Mathematics and Statistics in Queen Mary University London, Norman Fenton, whose experience and credentials in this field are second to none. He has carried out extensive analyses of the official British covid statistics and has found that the covid mortality figures are totally unreliable and greatly exaggerated and that there is no reliable evidence supporting the efficacy or safety of covid “vaccines”.

He explains this clearly and cogently in this recent interview:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/FMfcgzGrbHnhBHlcSrNPwdkQvbgtRRXv

Edited by John Cotter

Ben:I find plenty of comments offensive in the water cooler section...but that is small price to pay for free speech, and finding out how other people really think. 

Plenty of offensive comments Ben? And you've had no hand in this?  Really? Ben repetitively makes that point  that some of the interplay here is offensive and then portrays himself as such strong free speech advocate, he can put up with the slings and arrows. Of course he's mentioning it!

This is so completely phony.  For 2 years, Ben would portray himself as being a devil's advocate but truth is he just said the same things over and over again, and never really listened to anyone and when told of his repetition, his attitude was just to hell with everybody. "I'm just going to keep saying the same things. It's my right to free speech!", and then when he's called on his accuracy, he's the first to whine, like people are infringing on his rights!. 

Ben initially was pulled into the great group of Trump sheep, and he re entered the real world of people here, who  unlike himself were never fooled for a second by Trump.

When Trump would  create news, we'd update each other on Trumps antics trials and litigations to inform one another, and that somehow incited an agitated defense mechanism in Ben to respond with repetitive "whataboutism"  posts involving the Dems or Donks!, the Globalists!, the NSS!, the MSM, the "Deep State ", Liz Cheney, HC, Pelosi, Biden, all  to sort of cry out  and say "See, you guys aren't so smart!" Striking back at us to cover his embarrassment at getting sucked into the Trump moronic drivel message.

This drama has been going on totally inside you Ben!. You have no right to complain at all. You couldn't be bothered  to listen or accommodate anyone else and you've gotten your just deserts! Stop crying "noble free speech victim."

8 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Ben:I find plenty of comments offensive in the water cooler section...but that is small price to pay for free speech, and finding out how other people really think. 

Plenty of offensive comments Ben? And you've had no hand in this?  Really? Ben repetitively makes that point  that some of the interplay here is offensive and then portrays himself as such strong free speech advocate, he can put up with the slings and arrows. Of course he's mentioning it!

This is so completely phony.  For 2 years, Ben would portray himself as being a devil's advocate but truth is he just said the same things over and over again, and never really listened to anyone and when told of his repetition, his attitude was just to hell with everybody. "I'm just going to keep saying the same things. It's my right to free speech!", and then when he's called on his accuracy, he's the first to whine, like people are infringing on his rights!. 

Ben initially was pulled into the great group of Trump sheep, and he re entered the real world of people here, who  unlike himself were never fooled for a second by Trump.

When Trump would  create news, we'd update each other on Trumps antics trials and litigations to inform one another, and that somehow incited an agitated defense mechanism in Ben to respond with repetitive "whataboutism"  posts involving the Dems or Donks!, the Globalists!, the NSS!, the MSM, the "Deep State ", Liz Cheney, HC, Pelosi, Biden, all  to sort of cry out  and say "See, you guys aren't so smart!" Striking back at us to cover his embarrassment at getting sucked into the Trump moronic drivel message.

This drama has been going on totally inside you Ben!. You have no right to complain at all. You couldn't be bothered  to listen or accommodate anyone else and you've gotten your just deserts! Stop crying "noble free speech victim."

Kirk, Kirk, Kirk (spoken in condescending and descending tones): 

Instead of commenting on me, why not address the news that the NYT has (belatedly) called for the prosecution of Julian Assange to be halted? 

I am flattered at your attention, but the Assange story and issue is more important than me. 

On 11/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, W. Niederhut said:

John,

To rule out COVID as a cause of death because of medical co-morbities makes no sense, scientifically.

Why?  Because every infectious illness is a result of an interaction between a pathogen and a host organism.

People with a number of co-morbid conditions (including old age) are at an increased risk of morbidity and mortality from COVID infections, but that doesn't mean that COVID didn't "cause" their deaths.

Would they have died if they had not been infected with COVID?  The answer can be found by studying baseline morbidity and mortality data for those comorbidities before and after the advent of the COVID pandemic-- which is what the "excess deaths" stat is all about.

Here's the latest CDC data in the U.S. on COVID mortality with and without vaccines.

The risk of death for unvaccinated adults in my age group (65-79) was NINE TIMES HIGHER than for vaccinated adults.  I may very well be alive today BECAUSE I got vaccinated.

Impact of Vaccination on Risk of COVID-19–Related Mortality (cdc.gov)

John,

Rather than re-writing this, I'm going to re-post my previous response (above) to your post about the Irish COVID data.

I'm not really familiar with the Irish data during the COVID pandemic, but I have followed the U.S. CDC data quite closely.  In fact, I started a thread here on "Journals of the Plague Year" that ran for an entire year, from early 2020 to 2021.

The CDC data has documented statistically significant COVID morbidity and mortality in the U.S. since early 2020, and significant efficacy for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Have the Irish possibly been protected from COVID mortality by Guinness Stout, or Celtic genomes?

Edited by W. Niederhut

Ben, Ben Binary Ben!  It's not a story at all. When it comes down to it. Journalists stick up for each other. It's not the binary  NSS, MSM world you claim. That's what that should tell you. Another simplistic, silly theory of yours debunked.

You claimed this and now trying to ignore it. So do you see that you have any blame in in this offense you are clinging too?

1 minute ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, Ben Binary Ben!  It's not a story at all. When it comes down to it. Journalists stick up for each other. It's not the binary  NSS, MSM world you claim. That's what that should tell you. Another simplistic, silly theory of yours debunked.

You claimed this and now trying to ignore it. So do you see that you have any blame in in this offense you are clinging too?

Kirk:

We have to agree to disagree on this one. 

That the NYT and other major international news outlets are calling off the federal dogs on Assange is an important story. 

I do not regard the M$M as kin to many independent journalists, including Assange, who actually pursue journalism.

There may be rare exceptions, but the modern M$M has more or less merged into establishment-official-major party Washington, IMHO.

9 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Why don't you go find fetch us a music video Ron

Sure Matt, why not.  You seem a little confrontational, kind of up tight.  I thought Us and Them by Pink Floyd might be appropriate.  It's actually kind of relaxing in spite of the lyrics.  Cliff used to play this game.  Surprised he hasn't punked you yet.

Ben, This is what I mean being  dismissive and not listening to others, and then complaining about "offenses." 

I think your rationalization of "offense" is just total self deceptive jive, and enumerated some points why.  I answered your question , but I asked you a question first. Please answer. Last line below.

Regarding Musk and Twitter, he's complaining that Amazon opposes "free speech" and demonstrates it by withdrawing most of their advertising.

Musk apparently has a poor understanding of "free enterprise." Advertisers are concerned with the cost-per-thousand [or million] views of their advertising. But sheer numbers aren't the only concerns for advertisers. Advertisers want media that deliver their message to the demographic they want to reach. And advertisers also don't want to have their message associated with antisemitism, racism, or other negative social types.

By opening Twitter to all forms of speech, including hate speech, advertisers are hesitant to continue to spend their dollars on a medium with a highly negative public perception. Musk apparently knows this but doesn't care. He simply wants them to continue to spend as if nothing's changed. But that's not how free enterprise works.

As far as Musk's complaints about Apple Store considering dropping the Twitter app, there again it seems to be a free enterprise issue. No supplier tells a retail outlet what products they "must" carry. If a retailer finds your widgets to be a product they don't want to carry, they reserve the right not to carry your widgets. If someone buys a buttermilk biscuit company and eliminates the buttermilk to replace most of it with rancid lard, they shouldn't be surprised if the retailers stop carrying your biscuits. Yet Musk seems surprised that his lard-filled Twitter biscuits seem to be repelling the retailers like the Apple Store and Google Play.

Musk forgets [or doesn't understand; take your pick] that your "free speech" rights only guarantee that the GOVERNMENT won't suppress your speech. Radios, TVs, computers and phones have an OFF button. You may have a right to say whatever you want, but others have the right NOT to listen. And advertisers have the right NOT to sponsor your product if they think it conflicts with the image they seek for the products they advertise. BOYCOTTS have existed ever since commerce has existed. Consumers AND advertisers have the right to decide where and when to spend their dollars, and where and when to withhold those dollars.

Now, if Musk decides to go into an office at Apple with an AR-15 and "defend himself," the verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse case makes me wonder if Musk would actually be convicted if he took out half of Apple's staff. Maybe if he could get a change of venue to Wisconsin...he might.

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Sure Matt, why not.  You seem a little confrontational, kind of up tight.  I thought Us and Them by Pink Floyd might be appropriate.  It's actually kind of relaxing in spite of the lyrics.  Cliff used to play this game.  Surprised he hasn't punked you yet.

Why thank you Mr Bulman, I love Pink  Floyd... 

19 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

Regarding Musk and Twitter, he's complaining that Amazon opposes "free speech" and demonstrates it by withdrawing most of their advertising.

Musk apparently has a poor understanding of "free enterprise." Advertisers are concerned with the cost-per-thousand [or million] views of their advertising. But sheer numbers aren't the only concerns for advertisers. Advertisers want media that deliver their message to the demographic they want to reach. And advertisers also don't want to have their message associated with antisemitism, racism, or other negative social types.

By opening Twitter to all forms of speech, including hate speech, advertisers are hesitant to continue to spend their dollars on a medium with a highly negative public perception. Musk apparently knows this but doesn't care. He simply wants them to continue to spend as if nothing's changed. But that's not how free enterprise works.

As far as Musk's complaints about Apple Store considering dropping the Twitter app, there again it seems to be a free enterprise issue. No supplier tells a retail outlet what products they "must" carry. If a retailer finds your widgets to be a product they don't want to carry, they reserve the right not to carry your widgets. If someone buys a buttermilk biscuit company and eliminates the buttermilk to replace most of it with rancid lard, they shouldn't be surprised if the retailers stop carrying your biscuits. Yet Musk seems surprised that his lard-filled Twitter biscuits seem to be repelling the retailers like the Apple Store and Google Play.

Musk forgets [or doesn't understand; take your pick] that your "free speech" rights only guarantee that the GOVERNMENT won't suppress your speech. Radios, TVs, computers and phones have an OFF button. You may have a right to say whatever you want, but others have the right NOT to listen. And advertisers have the right NOT to sponsor your product if they think it conflicts with the image they seek for the products they advertise. BOYCOTTS have existed ever since commerce has existed. Consumers AND advertisers have the right to decide where and when to spend their dollars, and where and when to withhold those dollars.

Now, if Musk decides to go into an office at Apple with an AR-15 and "defend himself," the verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse case makes me wonder if Musk would actually be convicted if he took out half of Apple's staff. Maybe if he could get a change of venue to Wisconsin...he might.

Now, if Musk decides to go into an office at Apple with an AR-15 and "defend himself," the verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse case makes me wonder if Musk would actually be convicted if he took out half of Apple's staff. Maybe if he could get a change of venue to Wisconsin...he might.---MK

I think if Musk took an AR-15 and murdered people, in Apple HQ or on the street, he would prosecuted and imprisoned (presuming solid evidence).

Do you really believe Musk would be exonerated in a public court of law? 

Why do you say this? 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

John,

Rather than re-writing this, I'm going to re-post my previous response (above) to your post about the Irish COVID data.

I'm not really familiar with the Irish data during the COVID pandemic, but I have followed the U.S. CDC data quite closely.  In fact, I started a thread here on "Journals of the Plague Year" that ran for an entire year, from early 2020 to 2021.

The CDC data has documented statistically significant COVID morbidity and mortality in the U.S. since early 2020, and significant efficacy for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Have the Irish possibly been protected from COVID mortality by Guinness Stout, or Celtic genomes?

William,

In my latest post I’ve rebutted the co-morbidity argument of your previous reply which you’ve copied above.

Since we’re supposed to believe that the covid pandemic by definition involves a virus that has similar effects globally, my rebuttal should apply to the US as well as to Ireland.

Moreover, Professor Fenton’s analysis of the English situation effectively corroborates the analysis of the Irish situation which I’ve adduced.

So no, unfortunately, William, the Irish haven’t been protected by Guinness Stout, whiskey, the craytur poteen, Celtic genomes, gnomes, leprechauns, luaradauns, or any other species of otherworldly folk.

On the contrary, “Ireland has the highest death rate from respiratory disease in western Europe; death rates are over twice the EU average…”. I attribute this to our oppressively long, sun-deprived, damp winters, though that doesn’t seem to be officially acknowledged. They push the flu jab instead – probably because pharmaceutical multinationals contribute substantially to the Irish economy.

20 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Ever wondered how bots work on Twitter?

They work like this:

FiqNFUxXoAEuyWr?format=jpg&name=small

Whew! that's interesting Matt.

If Musk continues adopting this algo, he would lose everything. As all of his sponsors would leave him. I hate to bust the bubble, but most people aren't free speech absolutists!

Today  in my daily twitter e mail. I saw a story where Mark Cuban on Shark Tank took offense that 2 contestants said they were Warriors fans and that made Mark Cuban  mad because the Warriors defeated the Dallas Mavericks, the NBA team he owns in the NBA playoffs this year, and he told them, for that reason, he wasn't going to fund them!

I open the story and it automatically goes to Glenn Greenwald, and a pre election twitter he made congratulating the U.S. on electing a mid easterner as a U.S. Senator, Dr. OZ!   heh heh!  Then it goes on to a series of tweets where it's obvious Greenwald's just sitting at home making hair-on- fire tweets about the evil Democrats.  You'd think you guys who like him would get tired after while of the same old  angst driven tweets. I would , no matter what they thought! I personally don't know why anybody would emulate that.

But then while looking through Greenwald's tweets, I start getting Musk pop ups of his latest tweets. I've never followed Musk or for that matter anyone on twitter! Boy, this is a much more rigged game than ever! And I think if Musk wants to salvage twitter, he better stop! 

But I eventually did find them Mark Cuban excerpt where he loses it!

Barbara Corcoran- "You're a bigger man than this cut it out!"