The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

New Congresswoman Fights Rival Over Witchcraft Accusation

by Zachary Petrizzo Jan. 04, 2023

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-anna-paulina-luna-fights-rival-michael-tito-over-witchcraft-accusation?ref=home?ref=home\

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna came to Congress on her first day in office ready to do battle—not just with Democrats, but also with her own party, as she became one of the 20 Republicans to vote against electing Kevin McCarthy speaker.

But back home in her conservative Florida district, Luna is waging a very different kind of war: a legal fight with political enemies who say she is a literal witch.

A letter obtained by The Daily Beast reveals that the Florida Republican retained the high-powered law firm Holland & Knight to go after a would-be rival who leveled a series of outlandish allegations against Luna on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show in the fall.

The letter demands that Matt Tito, a pal of Roger Stone who mulled challenging Luna in a primary, apologize on video for his accusations, which include claims that Luna was fired from a job—and that she had a sexual liaison with Rep. Matt Gaetz.

But Tito said he isn’t backing down from any of his claims about the former MAGA influencer—who once accused him of conspiring with another candidate to kill her during the campaign, which he denied.

Tito claimed he learned about Luna’s purported background from other MAGA figures.

According to Tito, Hispanics for Trump associate Paloma Zuniga said that “Luna practices witchcraft.”

“That is where I heard that from,” Tito said. “She puts spells on people.”

Another failed California Republican congressional hopeful, Omar Navarro, suggested the unsubstantiated rumors must be accurate because so many people were repeating them.

“It has got to be true to a certain extent,” he told The Daily Beast. “It’s fair enough to say that it’s spread among people in the Republican Party.”

Oh, well. If everybody is saying so...

This just keeps getting better and better.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

[Andy] Biggs has led the anti-McCarthy faction along with Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), who chairs the House Freedom Caucus, plus Reps. Bob Good (R-Va.), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) and Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.), all of whom belong to the caucus.

WASHINGTON — Rep. Ralph Norman’s biggest regret about urging the Donald Trump White House to declare martial law so Trump could remain in office seems to be that he did so with bad spelling.

The South Carolina Republican texted White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on Jan. 17, 2021, that Trump should declare “Marshall Law” to prevent Joe Biden from taking office.

Steve Thomas

The MAGA whack jobs orchestrating Kevin McCarthy's humiliation this week seem to be the worst of Trump's coup co-conspirators, including Scott Perry.

I need to find a tiny violin.

5hskmj.jpg

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

The MAGA whack jobs orchestrating Kevin McCarthy's humiliation this week seem to be the worst of Trump's coup co-conspirators, including Scott Perry.

W.,

The biggest thing that came out of today (1/4/23) is that Donald Trump lost whatever political clout he ever had in the Republican Party.

He drew a line in the sand this morning and told his crazies that they must vote for Kevin McCarthy.

They told him to run along.

The crazies are all Donald Trump has left. If even they won't listen to him, he's got nothing left.

I think Trump is history.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

And now the 5th!

WHOOPPEEE!

Let's make it 20!

Edited by Joe Bauer

12 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

The biggest thing that came out of today (1/4/23) is that Donald Trump lost whatever political clout he ever had in the Republican Party.

He drew a line in the sand this morning and told his crazies that they must vote for Kevin McCarthy.

They told him to run along.

The crazies are all Donald Trump has left. If even they won't listen to him, he's got nothing left.

I think Trump is history.

100%

He'll run 3rd party in 2024 purely out of spite and to siphon more money from MAGA suckers.

18 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

100%

He'll run 3rd party in 2024 purely out of spite and to siphon more money from MAGA suckers.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that Trump hoarded most of his private donor PAC millions in 2022, giving almost nothing to any of his loyal MAGA candidates in the U.S.

In effect, he isn't just siphoning money from his MAGA donors-- he's also siphoning money from the GOP.

It's tragic... 🤥

Tiny Violin GIFs | Tenor

Edited by W. Niederhut

MSNBC Journalist commentator Garret Haake just described this McCarthy failed vote after failed vote circus as a real life ... 

"Ground Hog Day" event!

Ha ha ha ha!  

Exactly!

Have these Trump following clowns no shame? No sense of embarrassment?

Like their fearless leader, obviously not.

Edited by Joe Bauer

[Marjorie Taylor] Greene spoke to right-wing podcaster Charlie Kirk on Wednesday following McCarthy's failure to secure the speakership on the fourth ballot.

She added: "We can't live in conservative fantasy land, although I share those same conservative fantasies with the group of 20."

Um...

Um...

Hi. My name is George Santos. You got a minute?

Steve Thomas

Watch: Lauren Boebert refuses to say if she will bring a gun into the Capitol following removal of metal detectors

by Brandon Gage, Alternet January 04, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/watch-lauren-boebert-refuses-to-say-if-she-will-bring-a-gun-into-the-capitol-following-removal-of-metal-detectors/

“"Congresswoman," the interviewer began, "This was put here in part because of you. Do you have a response to whether Democrats are going to feel unsafe? Should they feel unsafe?"

"Absolutely not. They should not feel unsafe," Boebert beamed, boasting that "if they do, they should come see me for a concealed carry weapons permit, and I can make sure that they are locked and loaded in Washington”"

Steve Thomas