The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

I have to marvel at Lauren Boebert.

It's not often that a freshman (relatively speaking) member of Congress with only a GED education tells a former President of the United States and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to go to hell on the same day.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Republicans elected their new Speaker of the House

No description available.

🤣

That guy thinks he is fighting corruption, the Republican offering are trying to prop it up. 

4 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

MSNBC won't tell Kirk so he doesn't understand 🤣

Heh heh heh, No I perfectly understand and I'm enjoying it.

I'm sorry I can't get worked up over the choices like you guys can.They pose no threat to me!

I like this guy making "Super Maga" fat joax about the climate hoax!   heh heh.

Though I did  like his canned laugh, the rest was about as entertaining as looking at his face!

"Super Maga", "drain the swamp",  like that right wing comedian guy actually wearing "Let's go Brandon" T-shirt! These guys are real free thinkers! You've already been merchandized!

This is the weakest attempt at the defiance of the 60's yet!

I say let's break the deadlock! "Mike Dice for Speaker.!"

P.S. As you can see, the one visceral issue to these people was that Kevin Mac Carthy threw Trump under the bus on 1/6!

They're trying to get one person  veto power over Mac Carthy,  to at any time bring up a vote to vacate his chair.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Yeah, it took Trump a while to do that, and people were speculating that Trump was about to throw Mac Carthy under the bus. But Trump has made the decision he's still the front runner and needs the GOP funding to legitimize him enough to maybe help him stay out of jail. He can count on these defiant 20 anyway. They're not going anywhere!

Would love to hear the bad check writer boy congressman from Brazil offer his plan to break the deadlock for the speaker position.

Huge campaign donation checks ( signed by him )  to any of the Matt "Fletcher Christian" Gaetz mutineers who come back to Captain Bligh's side.

53 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Would love to hear the bad check writer boy congressman from Brazil offer his plan to break the deadlock for the speaker position.

Huge campaign donation checks ( signed by him )  to any of the Matt "Fletcher Christian" Gaetz mutineers who come back to Captain Bligh's side.

Mr Christian seemed like more of a JFK democrat, more of a good guy. You might laugh but, one of my relatives was on the ship, a Stewart. 

That film has been made 3 times but, which was the best version? 

McCarthy loses 8th vote!

Talk about theater of the absurd.

The next two years with this congress is going to be a circus side show.

14 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

McCarthy loses 8th vote!

Talk about theater of the absurd.

The next two years with this congress is going to be a circus side show.

And since they only dwell inside that alternate-reality Fox/MAGA echo chamber, they don't realize they're a national laughingstock lol

It's blatantly obvious that the Republicans aren't seeking to govern. Instead, this is the Revenge Tour. A large segment of the Republicans simply want to use their majority in the House to wreak revenge on those they designate as "enemies."

In another sense, what we've seen over the past 3 days is the legacy of the "Reagan Revolution." This generation was brought up on the "government is evil" rhetoric of those years. They are out to dismantle government in any and every way possible. The only legislation I've heard any of them advocate is repeal oriented.  The want no part of DOING anything; their mission is UNDOING things that came before. The anarchy they are demonstrating in the House is an example of how they intend to "govern."

I also don't think McCarthy deserves to be Speaker of the House, because he's spineless. But until someone nominates a candidate who is moderate enough to win over some Democrats, the 20 who are staunchly against McCarthy will continue to have their way, and gum up the works of government.

And that is not by accident. That's by design.

Donald Trump Loses Another Election

"The former president was nominated for House speaker twice on Thursday. He failed to garner a majority of votes on both ballots."

By  Igor Bobic Jan 5, 2023,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-speaker-election_n_63b72994e4b0ae9de1bcb36f

He lost again when he told everyone to vote for Kevin McCarthy and was directed to where the sun don't shine.

Just not having a very good day.

image.png.d7e6b049a7567bb86a34f8f3456c9f22.png

https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/status/1610805338873159680?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

It's blatantly obvious that the Republicans aren't seeking to govern. Instead, this is the Revenge Tour. A large segment of the Republicans simply want to use their majority in the House to wreak revenge on those they designate as "enemies."

In another sense, what we've seen over the past 3 days is the legacy of the "Reagan Revolution." This generation was brought up on the "government is evil" rhetoric of those years. They are out to dismantle government in any and every way possible. The only legislation I've heard any of them advocate is repeal oriented.  The want no part of DOING anything; their mission is UNDOING things that came before. The anarchy they are demonstrating in the House is an example of how they intend to "govern."

I also don't think McCarthy deserves to be Speaker of the House, because he's spineless. But until someone nominates a candidate who is moderate enough to win over some Democrats, the 20 who are staunchly against McCarthy will continue to have their way, and gum up the works of government.

And that is not by accident. That's by design.

HERE HERE!

I'd like to think there are 7-8 Republicans in the House that would like to get off the Titanic here, and be open to making a deal with the Dem caucus for the next Speaker. Nominate former GOP house member Fred Upton, or someone like him.

Y'know, a rational and sane human that isn't a traitor. That's all we're looking for here, folks.