The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Wrong again, Ben.

I was referring to the comprehensive "Day of Rage' NYT video reconstruction of the January 6th attack on Congress that some of us posted and reviewed here in the summer of 2021.  Did you ever watch it?

This is supposed to be an "Education" forum-- where people share and discuss scholarly evidence about history, not a forum for repeatedly posting false historical narratives that disregard the evidence.

W--

I watched the NYT video on YouTube. The NYT had a point of view, and selected footage to make their points. 

Side note: The Proud Boys are lined up in front of the Washington Monument, at one point in the NYT video. I did a head count at about 60. 

The PB'ers are specifically not in Proud Boy colors. Dressed in ordinary clothes. 

What is your take on this? Is my headcount about right? 

And are you supporting the suppression of the 14,000 hours of taxpayer-funded video taken in and around the Capitol that day? Why or why not?

I support the unconditional release of all the 14,000 hours of video. 

I support the unconditional release of any and all files even remotely connected to the JFKA. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W--

I watched the NYT video on YouTube. The NYT had a point of view, and selected footage to make their points. 

Side note: The Proud Boys are lined up in front of the Washington Monument, at one point in the NYT video. I did a head count at about 60. 

The PB'ers are specifically not in Proud Boy colors. Dressed in ordinary clothes. 

What is your take on this? Is my headcount about right? 

And are you supporting the suppression of the 14,000 hours of taxpayer-funded video taken in and around the Capitol that day? Why or why not?

I support the unconditional release of all the 14,000 hours of video. 

I support the unconditional release of any and all files even remotely connected to the JFKA. 

Ben,

You're still grasping at straws to maintain your denial of Trump's plot to disrupt the certification of Biden's election on January 6th.  If you had listened to the sworn testimony of Trump's staff in the J6 Congressional hearings last year you wouldn't be harboring these fixed delusions.

What do you imagine additional footage will show you that wasn't shown in the comprehensive NYT video reconstruction of the Trump mob attack on the Capitol?  Do tell.

As for suppressed evidence, what do you have to say about the fact that Trump's Secret Service and DHS staffers deleted their J6 texts?

How about the fact that Trump's J6 coup co-conspirators all either dodged their subpoenas or plead the 5th?

If you're looking for J6 clues, start there.

Seeing as we can post anything here; @John Cotter, have you by any chance watched the Martin McDonagh directed film; “The Banshees of Inisherin” ? I sense that the Irish based film may appeal to your emotional intelligence. I am just watching it for a second time in three days with a good wine open. It has so many layers. 

PS The scenery / cinematography is magnificent. Goidel Glas’ green isle with no serpents has never looked more enchanting. 

Edited by Chris Barnard
Added a PS

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

So, this is, undoubtedly, one of my favorite rock albums of all time, featuring a number of masterpieces, including the post-apocalyptic song, Wooden Ships, written by David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Jefferson Airplane founder Paul Kantner.

During the past half century, I never got tired of listening to this great album, (or the subsequent CSN&Y album De Ja Vu.)

I saw David Crosby in concert a couple of times about 50 years ago in Denver-- with CSN&Y at Mile High Stadium, and at the Denver Coliseum with Neil Young.

Requiem aeternam.

31 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

So, this is, undoubtedly, one of my favorite rock albums of all time, featuring a number of masterpieces, including the post-apocalyptic song, Wooden Ships, written by David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Jefferson Airplane founder Paul Kantner.

During the past half century, I never got tired of listening to this great album, (or the subsequent CSN&Y album De Ja Vu.)

I saw David Crosby in concert a couple of times about 50 years ago in Denver-- with CSN&Y at Mile High Stadium, and at the Denver Coliseum with Neil Young.

Requiem aeternam.

Thanks.  CSNY, Golden Gate Park, SF, 91.  After the Dallas jail helped him kick coke.  Stills the only one working up a sweat on an electric guitar.

58 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

You're still grasping at straws to maintain your denial of Trump's plot to disrupt the certification of Biden's election on January 6th.  If you had listened to the sworn testimony of Trump's staff in the J6 Congressional hearings last year you wouldn't be harboring these fixed delusions.

What do you imagine additional footage will show you that wasn't shown in the comprehensive NYT video reconstruction of the Trump mob attack on the Capitol?  Do tell.

As for suppressed evidence, what do you have to say about the fact that Trump's Secret Service and DHS staffers deleted their J6 texts?

How about the fact that Trump's J6 coup co-conspirators all either dodged their subpoenas or plead the 5th?

If you're looking for J6 clues, start there.

Even in the heavily edited NYT video, I espied Capitol Police essentially standing down  (fleetingly, near edge of frame) while rioters or protestors entered the Capitol freely. 

Many texts sent in real time from the Capitol stated, "They let us in." 

Whether by design or result, many in scrum earnestly believed they had been "let in."

I would consider that fact important in the sentencing of such people, and for a more-honest assessment of what happened that day at the Capitol. 

If the 14,000 hours of suppressed footage reveals nothing new, then fine, so be it. But the NYT was obviously not editing video with an eye for revealing Capitol Police incompetence or collusion. 

As it is, I stand by the sentiment that the 14,000 hours of video should become public. I guess reasonable people can disagree on the suppression of evidence. 

I contend, as a rule, government secrecy needs to justified, not the public's right to see evidence. 

Regarding SS and DHS deleted texts, I find that highly suspicious. I hope the deleted texts can be recovered, and if they can be then made public. 

I have to say, almost everyone (were there any exceptions?) who worked with Trump found him intolerable. 

The erasures of texts happened under the 24-year SS veteran and director James Murray. He testified before the Jan. 6 committee. 

Murray was spellbound by Trump? Maybe. His testimony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsCQm-if7k

What do you think? A Trump lackey? 

Very cool Matt! Yes, I saw CSNY 3 times. Saw  David Crosby once solo after his crack addiction. I really liked "If i could only remember my name". Keep in mind he wrote De ja Vu and Guinevere! He's always been very honest.I really loved this Howard Stern interview with Crosby about his relationship with Joni Mitchell.

I really liked "if i could only remember my name" "Music is love " Tamalpais High" "Laughing" with Joni and Jerry" "Orleans"

I liked Byrds Younger than Yesterday: Have you seen her face?

https://youtu.be/25YxNSkLDB8

The girl with no name

https://youtu.be/OQmSMyAEguU

It won't be wrong - T3

https://youtu.be/FSpmqzcJLVc

Still love "So you wanna be"  Hugh Masekela Simple horn, so effective! But where is he? heh heh