The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

People are talking!!......

Donald Trump

This is just more of the inane polarizing commentary. If you lived in the U.S. Ben, you'd know there's been a lot of good press on Abe, even stories I wonder about, such as Abe being the "Trump whisperer"and a voice of calm moderation to Trump when he was in office. He's continually given kudos  as Japan's longest serving PM. In what is considered left leaning bay area talk radio here locally. He's  has gotten a lot of good talk. This is just another case of one side paraphrasing some comment from the other side, or sometimes even worse, taking some  inane comment made on twitter from the opposing point of view and trying to portray it as the mainstream from the opposing view.

BEN:“Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, a divisive arch-conservative and one of his nation's most powerful and influential figures, has died....

This is your strongest quote Ben, and you didn't even source it.

Then  similarly  Ben, a recurring theme in posts of yours, is that only the left  dare mentioning the possibility of civil war, and you continually reassert that the dreaded left leaning "deep state" is getting us ready for a massive crackdown and suppression. That in itself, is fear mongering.

But then Matt posts this this Facebook commentary from Racheal Wachstien,a Highland Park resident, entitled "Bobby Crimo is no lone wolf" who claims Crimo and his group created a flyer calling her a dangerous Communist with her picture, name, address, and a call to action that she must be stopped. and later she says  Crimo participated in a violent Trump "stop the steal" protests that occurred in Dec. 2020.She fears she must be on a list of people that Crimo may want to kill.,

"I’ve heard on CNN and other news sources that there are only a few photos of the shooter with Trump Flags and that his major motivator was a love of death and destruction. This is blatantly false. There are multiple news articles from the Patch and Chicago Tribune featuring photos of the shooter at these MAGA events. I recognized him right away as part of the group of local angry white young men who had previously waited for me after protests, to threaten and harassed me, and came to a Protect the Results vigil on December 12, 2020 in Highland Park’s Sunset Park where they did the poopoo salute multiple times and screamed the following at our small group through a bullhorn…"

This goes 180 degrees  contrary to Ben's allegation that the msm is suggesting civil war to prepare for a government deep state crackdown, not that that would in any way stop him from repeatedly making that charge in the future. Honestly I think anybody who would attend "stop the steal" rallies in Dec 2020 could be suspect.Though I'm sure very  few would go to these lengths. Of course I would consider all info that Wachstein cited as being very important. If this is true why would the media outlets be sitting on it?

When I first came here, i thought Di Eugenio hyped the early msm complicity in the coverup of the jfka to the present day to such a fever pitch, all of his followers took the ball and ran with it so it seemed  every post included some reference to the msm, and some of them were such "shooting the dark" references. The MSM is a terrible problem to this day, but this is the last place i would ever consider having any nuanced conversation about the msm. It's really like talking about the "deep state." But  to me, it's actually harder.

It's pretty hard to believe the MSM hasn't investigated this. But why would they suppress it.? If It's as bad as Wachstein has said, it would be their duty to report it.

There could be some  reasons for their negligence. One is that Wachstein is not credible , or lying, which seems unlikely. Or maybe just too much of a counter polarizing figure? The other maybe  Matt can probably speak more to this. The truth is, I have a brother who lives in Wisconsin, but I don't live in this area of the country. If I think of an area of the country where violence could break out, It would be here. Are they soft pedaling the real danger because it's commonplace to be living with one another and they fear greater political polarization could lead to a real breaking point?

Still that doesn't explain national entities like CNN or MSNBC, downplaying it. The people who want serious criminal prosecution for 1/6 riots, including the President would be outraged that such critical facts surrounding this shooting have not come out, while if they did come out, others, say like Ben might say that the msm is fomenting a civil war  as a pretext to engage in a massive government "deep state" crackdown.

Again the allegations about the msm are as malleable as the oppressive "deep state!"

Matt's, Wachstein, FB link again

https://www.facebook.com/rachael.wachstein/posts/10217117076597298

Kirk--

Yes, at this point, I am an outsider to the US scene. 

That said, I am beginning to think what the US resembles is not a civil war, but rather a failed state. 

I thought that in L.A, before I left. Homeless on the streets, high crime, no police response, a city and a state that were expensive but could not govern. 

Now, in Chicago, more people are shot on any given weekend than in the horrible recent mass shooting. 

The US spends $1.4 trillion annually on being a global guard service for multinationals. (DoD, VA, black budget, pro-rate debt payment).

That used to be the 'Phants-right-wing that did that, but they have been joined by the Donks with a full-throated roar. 

There are high taxes on wages, but social welfare spending to undercut the work ethic. Great combo. 

More than 100,000 Americans die annually of drug overdoses. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2021/20211117.htm

The two major parties are no longer able to make America a better place, they are so corrupted. Rather than govern, they excel at diversionary divisiveness, on abortion, gun rights, ID politics and so on. 

The major parties want you to drink the red and blue kool-aid. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Abe would be fairly described as a “nationalist”. He will probably be remembered most for the effort to overturn the “pacifist” clauses in Japan’s post-WW2 constitution to allow offensive capability to Japan’s military. While this was done in concert with the Americans - to focus military pressure on China - Abe was not fully committed to the “international rules-based order” to the extent his predecessor has become, as he also sought to arrive at friendly understandings with Russia, and perhaps see through the yet to be negotiated peace treaty left over from WW2.

Abe’s military officer grandfather participated in war crimes during WW2, and Abe made a controversial visit to a shrine venerating Japan’s military leadership from that era. This was in line with numerous rehabilitations of far right figures and organizations from WW2, kicked off by Reagan’s visit to Bitburg in the 1980s.

The “certain organization” which may have motivated the assassin is the Moonies - the Unification Church.

Jeff--

I appreciate your nuanced take on Abe.

There is a noisome trend in US media to define anyone not worshipping the globalist order to be defined as a "nationalist."  Or in Abe's case, an "ultranationalist." 

But Xi Jinping is not defined as an "ultranationalist."  

Why? The multinationals are deep into China and that means deep into the CCP. Disney, Apple, the NBA, Tesla, GM , BlackRock, NBC-Universal. 

Unfortunately, the Trumps and the Bidens have been on the CCP-payroll too. 

Globalism is great. 

14 hours ago, George Govus said:

What caught my eye was this portion of an account of Abe's assassin:

Anyone have an idea which "certain organization" this might be?

“According to reports, Yamagami has told investigators he was not motivated by disagreement with Abe's political beliefs, but "rumors about the former leader's connection to a certain organization that police did not identify." Other reports assert that Yamagami blamed the group for having bankrupted herself by donating to the organization.

Speculation about the identity of this "certain organization" is currently centered around The Unification Church. The Family Federation for World Peace and Unification—formerly known as the Unification Church but perhaps best known as the church that "The Moonies" belong to—was founded by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon in 1954. Although known primarily in the West for its mass weddings (and its ownership of The Washington Times), its Japanese branch has been identified as part of "the grassroots conservative movement in Japan." More to the point, some have noted that "Abe’s grandfather had played a major role in establishing the early Unification Church in Japan," and Abe himself reportedly sent a congratulatory telegram to a "front group" for the church back in 2006, an act which generated some controversy at the time.

Another organization that comes up in association with Abe (and with the Unification Church) is Nippon KaigiDescribed as the "largest and most powerful conservative right-wing organization", Nippon Kaigi (the "Japan Conference") was established in 1997 as a result of a combination of two previous Japanese political groups. It pushes a wish list of Japanese nationalist agenda items—the restoration of the Japanese Imperial family as head of state, the restoration of the Japanese military, constitutional changes and education reforms—that only the hard-of-thinking will fail to notice coincide with Abe's political agenda. This is no coincidence; Abe served as a "special advisor" to the group's parliamentary league.

And then there's 悪の秘密結社 (Evil secret organization). If that sounds like a weird, made up thing from the fringier side of the conspiracy theory world, that's because it is. Apparently the Japanese version of QAnon, 神真都Q (Yamato Q)—which was reportedly established in December of last year with the explicit aim or "protect[ing] children’s lives from COVID vaccination," and which was responsible for storming a vaccination site in April where they demanded to be shown the ingredients of the vaccine—contains some members with some rather outlandish beliefs. According to an investigative report done by some Japanese ambush journalists, Yamato Q believes that "The Yamato people (Japanese) originally inherited the genes of good aliens and dragon gods, but their powers are kept secret through the information control of the deep state (dark power) and Illuminati (secret society of evil)." Naturally, they believe it is up to members of the group to "awaken the sleeping DNA to awaken the true power of the Yamato people."

To be clear, the most straightforward statement about the "certain organization" that has emerged so far is a reportthat Yamagami "intended to target a senior official of a religious group" who was, apparently, not at the scene at the time, meaning Abe wasn't even the primary target of the assassin. Then again, the same report also indicates that "the suspect has made nonsensical statements, and Nara Prefectural Police are carefully investigating whether he is mentally competent to be held criminally responsible," so take all of this information with a gigantic grain of salt.

In any event, the fact that police appear to be purposefully withholding the name of this organization—ostensibly in order to avoid a religious or racist backlash against the group and its members—will likely only further the beliefs of people like Yamagami who reportedly believe that the group in question controls the media and powerful politicians like Abe.“ 

Ben- The MAGA talking point about "Chicago crime" is a trope. What happens in Chicago is the result of what has been known since the early 20th Century as "organized crime"; groups/gangs composed of marginalized ethnicities warring with each other over the business of drugs and prostitution. They don't leave their neighborhoods. They don't intentionally shoot civilians. I lived in Chicago for 30 years and never once felt unsafe.

Conversely, the MAGA terrorist movement is quickly moving down the path of wanting to shoot and kill anyone that isn't part of their fascist cult. 

Big difference.

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

People are talking!!......

Donald Trump

This is just more of the inane polarizing commentary. If you lived in the U.S. Ben, you'd know there's been a lot of good press on Abe, even stories I wonder about, such as Abe being the "Trump whisperer"and a voice of calm moderation to Trump when he was in office. He's continually given kudos  as Japan's longest serving PM. In what is considered left leaning bay area talk radio here locally. He's  has gotten a lot of good talk. This is just another case of one side paraphrasing some comment from the other side, or sometimes even worse, taking some  inane comment made on twitter from the opposing point of view and trying to portray it as the mainstream from the opposing view.

BEN:“Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, a divisive arch-conservative and one of his nation's most powerful and influential figures, has died....

This is your strongest quote Ben, and you didn't even source it.

Then  similarly  Ben, a recurring theme in posts of yours, is that only the left  dare mentioning the possibility of civil war, and you continually reassert that the dreaded left leaning "deep state" is getting us ready for a massive crackdown and suppression. That in itself, is fear mongering.

But then Matt posts this this Facebook commentary from Racheal Wachstien,a Highland Park resident, entitled "Bobby Crimo is no lone wolf" who claims Crimo and his group created a flyer calling her a dangerous Communist with her picture, name, address, and a call to action that she must be stopped. and later she says  Crimo participated in a violent Trump "stop the steal" protests that occurred in Dec. 2020.She fears she must be on a list of people that Crimo may want to kill.,

"I’ve heard on CNN and other news sources that there are only a few photos of the shooter with Trump Flags and that his major motivator was a love of death and destruction. This is blatantly false. There are multiple news articles from the Patch and Chicago Tribune featuring photos of the shooter at these MAGA events. I recognized him right away as part of the group of local angry white young men who had previously waited for me after protests, to threaten and harassed me, and came to a Protect the Results vigil on December 12, 2020 in Highland Park’s Sunset Park where they did the poopoo salute multiple times and screamed the following at our small group through a bullhorn…"

This goes 180 degrees  contrary to Ben's allegation that the msm is suggesting civil war to prepare for a government deep state crackdown, not that that would in any way stop him from repeatedly making that charge in the future. Honestly I think anybody who would attend "stop the steal" rallies in Dec 2020 could be suspect.Though I'm sure very  few would go to these lengths. Of course I would consider all info that Wachstein cited as being very important. If this is true why would the media outlets be sitting on it?

When I first came here, i thought Di Eugenio hyped the early msm complicity in the coverup of the jfka to the present day to such a fever pitch, all of his followers took the ball and ran with it so it seemed  every post included some reference to the msm, and some of them were such "shooting the dark" references. The MSM is a terrible problem to this day, but this is the last place i would ever consider having any nuanced conversation about the msm. It's really like talking about the "deep state." But  to me, it's actually harder.

It's pretty hard to believe the MSM hasn't investigated this. But why would they suppress it.? If It's as bad as Wachstein has said, it would be their duty to report it.

There could be some  reasons for their negligence. One is that Wachstein is not credible , or lying, which seems unlikely. Or maybe just too much of a counter polarizing figure? The other maybe  Matt can probably speak more to this. The truth is, I have a brother who lives in Wisconsin, but I don't live in this area of the country. If I think of an area of the country where violence could break out, It would be here. Are they soft pedaling the real danger because it's commonplace to be living with one another and they fear greater political polarization could lead to a real breaking point?

Still that doesn't explain national entities like CNN or MSNBC, downplaying it. The people who want serious criminal prosecution for 1/6 riots, including the President would be outraged that such critical facts surrounding this shooting have not come out, while if they did come out, others, say like Ben might say that the msm is fomenting a civil war  as a pretext to engage in a massive government "deep state" crackdown.

Again the allegations about the msm are as malleable as the oppressive "deep state!"

Matt's, Wachstein, FB link again

https://www.facebook.com/rachael.wachstein/posts/10217117076597298

Thanks for re posting Matt's link Kirk.  I missed it the first time.  If anyone else missed it, it's worth your time.  Quite damning. 

Facebook

Edited by Ron Bulman

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The other maybe  Matt can probably speak more to this. The truth is, I have a brother who lives in Wisconsin, but I don't live in this area of the country. If I think of an area of the country where violence could break out, It would be here. Are they soft pedaling the real danger because it's commonplace to be living with one another and they fear greater political polarization could lead to a real breaking point?

Bingo!

You have solved the puzzle. The Civil War will not be in the cities, which are places that rural and suburban dwellers fear to tread and are vastly populated by liberals. And it won't happen in rural areas or the South, which are places that are saturated with people hypnotized by Trump's bigotry and lies. It will happen in areas that were once red or purple, but have now shifted to leaning blue. Highland Park is a perfect example of this. Located in the once stalwart Republican Lake County, Highland Park is blue, yet still inhabited by a fair amount of angry, racist, middle age white people, and their radicalized children; those that Michael Flynn referred to as "digital soldiers".

48 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- The MAGA talking point about "Chicago crime" is a trope. What happens in Chicago is the result of what has been known since the early 20th Century as "organized crime"; groups/gangs composed of marginalized ethnicities warring with each other over the business of drugs and prostitution. They don't leave their neighborhoods. They don't intentionally shoot civilians. I lived in Chicago for 30 years and never once felt unsafe.

Conversely, the MAGA terrorist movement is quickly moving down the path of wanting to shoot and kill anyone that isn't part of their fascist cult. 

Big difference.

Perhaps--but the report I cited was from CNN, usually a Donk mouthpiece (Fox is the 'Phant mouthpiece). 

I accept you have "feet on the ground" in Chicago, and know 1000 times about that city that I do. I visited once, and thought it a great place. 

That said, if on any particular weekend more people are shot dead in Chicago than by the recent mass shooter....can that be sloughed off? A failed state? 

Also, I do not understand why a MAGA-man would shoot at white people in a July 4 parade, usually thought of a nationalistic activity. I would think a MAGA-man might march in such a parade.

Is simple criminal insanity the answer to the recent mass shooting? Why did the shooter sometimes dress as a woman? Does that reflect badly on all transexuals? 

I have noticed this about modern US media: Horrific events are forced into red or blue narratives, even before the bodies are cold.

10 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of road and text that says 'AMBER ALERT WHITE MALE AGE WANDERING HROUND FLORIDA THINKS HE'S PRESIDENT ASSUMED TO SENILE COD പ SATIRE'

New York Times says Biden's age is an 'uncomfortable issue' for White House, Democrats in stunning report

NYT alleges staff 'quietly watch out' for Biden and closely monitor him during his trips to Delaware----Fox

---30---

Maybe senility is a new prerequisite for the Oval Office....Diane Feinstein for President? 

How about Jim Inhofe? 

18 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

New York Times says Biden's age is an 'uncomfortable issue' for White House, Democrats in stunning report

NYT alleges staff 'quietly watch out' for Biden and closely monitor him during his trips to Delaware----Fox

---30---

Maybe senility is a new prerequisite for the Oval Office....Diane Feinstein for President? 

How about Jim Inhofe? 

Is it better to ask: 

What is the 25th amendment for if not this scenario?

4 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Is it better to ask: 

What is the 25th amendment for if not this scenario?

Yes, of course, the 25th amendment is there in part to facilitate the removal of an incapacitated president. 

They say Woodrow Wilson "served" past his expiration date. 

Biden strikes me as functioning now, but of course I only see controlled public appearances. 

They say aging people sometimes suffer a rapid decline. On the other hand, if there is a way to squeeze more juice out of a lemon, the docs in the White House will do it. 

The fun will begin in 2024, when Biden insists he wants to run again? HRC makes a run? 

29 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Yes, of course, the 25th amendment is there in part to facilitate the removal of an incapacitated president. 

They say Woodrow Wilson "served" past his expiration date. 

Biden strikes me as functioning now, but of course I only see controlled public appearances. 

They say aging people sometimes suffer a rapid decline. On the other hand, if there is a way to squeeze more juice out of a lemon, the docs in the White House will do it. 

The fun will begin in 2024, when Biden insists he wants to run again? HRC Making a run? 

Was the 25th amendment not put through in 64 or 65 so that they could remove a JFK type if need be? is it gave the “power elite” the option. In this case, it looks like they are propping up a guy with a few marbles rolling around. Is the Republican hierarchy also complicit in this? Are MSM? 

They have gotta start looking at younger candidates. No matter how well they’ve looked after themselves.