• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

55 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I fear the coup involves so many more people than just Trump. It will be a gut punch to America when every conspirator is revealed.

During Watergate millions of Nixon voting people just didn't want to face the crimes their hero committed.

And when it was all exposed and dealt with...25 of his closest staff were convicted of these same crimes and sent to jail!  25!

So, in this crime scheme endeavor, if we have 10 of Trump's closest go to jail...it wouldn't be that big of deal to blindly loyal Trump supporters.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Merrick Garland's former law professor says he thinks the attorney general will indict Trump over January 6

Merrick Garland "said he'd go to the top if …

Tribe also stated to Wolf Blitzer that if Trump were actually indicted that it could very well initiate widespread violence across the country by Trump's violent base. And if Trump was actually found guilty ... ?

Tribe then postulated this what's worse trade off scenario;

What would be worse...not doing anything in this legal way regards Trump if the evidence leads to his culpability would be a greater threat to our democracy versus some violence in the streets by Trump's die hard supporters.

Tribe expects violence if Trump is indicted.  
Tribe expects violence if Trump is indicted.

That might be, I won't worry about it, if we go through a year or 2 of prosecuting the criminals and mopping up the people who then cause trouble.. I think the great majority of them are cowards, a lot are too dysfunctional to make a future difference.

I like Matt's vigilance, but I don't think Trump's going to jail, but I hope so. But even if he did, I don't think we have a lot to worry about from his minions. Trump day by day is getting discredited, and becoming lesser an alternative despite inflation and Biden's old age. Ultimately, the real issue is how much are  Trump's footprints going to influence the people who are taking his place?

Criminals actually being prosecuted will in the long run, be a benefit in the national mindset to everyone.

But for many, it will be a sober and needed awakening, like a big boot camp or a drug or cult intervention. Order in thinking will start to prevail and there will start to become more of a meritocracy  where a lot of people will have to come to their senses that they can't spurt undisciplined nonsense and expect a ready audience.

But to do that, the forces for orderly transitions of power have to really start dropping shoes before the midterms, but I don't see repubs winning in Congress is going to stop ongoing litigation with Trump.

Hey what can I say, being an optimist, maybe after gaining some clarity and letting some kooks fall by the wayside the majority of people can arrive at some consensus on the  who and how the middle class is being marginalized and everyday people are being economically oppressed and start to take measures to go after the actual culprits. There's nothing near that now.

But is a couple of years enough? Obviously the timetable could run out on that if say De Santis would be elected.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Indeed.  Cassidy Hutchinson testified that Mark Meadows called into the Willard Hotel War Room on the evening of July 5th-- after she dissuaded Meadows from attending the meeting in person.

But, thus far, none of Trump's Willard Hotel cabal have been willing to spill the beans about their coup plot.

Among other issues, I'm curious about the Michael Flynn/Charles Flynn nexus in possibly blocking the deployment of National Guard troops to the Capitol-- even when Trump, Meadows, and Ornato knew that the MAGA mob was dangerously armed.

At what point did the crowd that entered the Capitol on 1/6 become un-armed, and how did they dispose of their weapons?

Of the 800-odd people arrested that day at the Capitol, only one carried a firearm, and he (Christopher Alberts) was released on 1/7 on his own recognizance. 

If the crowd that entered or surrounded the Capitol was armed, why did absolutely no gunfire break out, except by the Capitol officer shooting the unarmed women in the window? 

The 1/6 scrum was the most video'ed and photographed skirmish, perhaps in all history. 

Have you seen even one photograph or video of a 1/6 skirmisher bearing a firearm? 

Why do you believe the 1/6 protestors carried firearms? That is he M$M's description of the event this week. Do you accept that description? 

Ben,

I'm no longer going to respond to your repetitious posts here.  How many times have we discussed the fact that the Capitol Police were too outnumbered and overwhelmed on January 6th to arrest and search Trump's mob for weapons?

As for the police evidence of guns, you need to finally sit down and watch the J6 hearings, where that disturbing evidence was presented to the public.  Matt Allison already presented some of that evidence for you after you expressed doubts about it recently.  Did you study Matt's post?

I'm taking the forum administrator Mark Knight's commentary to heart.

Here's what Mr. Knight posted today.

"Honestly, there are several threads here that I purposely avoid because they deteriorate to two or three members repeating the same things over and over, interspersed with snark and the frequent ad hominem. While our official policy is to not allow ad hominem attacks, it's often difficult to determine who's responsible, or "who fired the first shot," and who then responded in kind. Some of the other mods may not tell you this, but the fact remains that we do attempt to be fair and even-handed."

This week it became a M$M meme that the 1/6 Capitol protestors or occupiers were "armed." The words "armed mob" are used. 

Yet the evidence is precisely the opposite: The 1/6 was almost entirely unarmed, with one exception, and he (Christopher Alberts) was mysteriously released on his own recognizance on 1/7.  

This is an interesting case study in how the M$M works. 

I studied closely photographs presented here of 1/6 protestors said to be armed. I could not detect any firearms, and I made an earnest effort. If there are firearms in those photographs, please put an arrow, or provide a verbal pointer, such as as "under the left arm of the man in the blue coat."  

Evidently here is what happened: We have hearsay evidence from Hutchinson, that somebody in the President's orbit said the 1/6 protestors were armed.

But neither Hutchinson nor the other person were on the Capitol grounds, and the other person was relying on information provided to him.

There may have been a lone police report of one or two individuals with "Glocks" stuffed into their waistbands (although they could have been federal assets), and, I think in the same report, that someone was carrying something that looked like the "stock of the AR-15."

But there is zero photographic evidence (despite a Niagara of video), or physical evidence, of armed protestors on 1/6.  

In fact, the very strong evidence is the opposite---we know that from arrest reports that protestors were unarmed.  Only one armed protestor, and no discarded firearms on the Capitol premises. 

This is an interesting example of how the M$M generates memes, which then become repeated and accepted within the M$M and the general public. 

Evidently, even within the M$M-wary JFKA community, it is now accepted that the 1/6 protestors were armed, despite the evidence  being precisely the opposite. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Not a pleasant 4th of July. The mass shooting was just south of where we live. My wife's step-brother and his wife and child were at the parade and escaped unharmed. Then for two hours helicopters hovered over our house and town as the shooter had escaped through our area. He was thankfully captured 8 hours later about a mile from my in-laws house.

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

As opposed to...?

Wow, that sounds awful Matt!

Matt, did you read Joe's post? I'm addressing a quote from Lawrence Tribe that he expects violence if Trump is indicted, and I say "so what?' 

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow, that sounds awful Matt!

Matt, did you read Joe's post? I'm addressing a quote from Lawrence Tribe that he expects violence if Trump is indicted, and I say "so what?' 

oh I got ya, Kirk; I didn't make my snark clear enough there. Tribe says that and all I can say to him is "don't you understand that is already happening right now as we speak?"

MAGAs have destroyed this country and I saw evidence of that first-hand today.

23 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Not a pleasant 4th of July. The mass shooting was just south of where we live. My wife's step-brother and his wife and child were at the parade and escaped unharmed. Then for two hours helicopters hovered over our house and town as the shooter had escaped through our area. He was thankfully captured 8 hours later about a mile from my in-laws house.

Sorry gun violence has hit so close to home for you Matt.  You once mentioned a young daughter, I hope she is not traumatized.  I'm glad I don't live in a town much less close to a big city anymore.  Wishing you and yours the best.

Thank you, Ron, I appreciate it. She is handling it about as well as can be expected of a 12 year old.

I firmly believe that in the future this country will be better than it has ever been. But it seems like it wants to travel through hell before getting there.