The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Trump should not be allowed to hold office again. Hopefully, the Republican party will realize that too...

I agree. 

I hope another democratic-populist takes Trump's macroeconomic policies and makes a run. 

In fact, it would be nice if the Donks embraced macroeconomic policies to preserve and enhance the US employee class. 

The globalists are in charge of both establishment parties. 

Trump was a fascinating option---but deeply flawed as an individual. 

The standard blue-red pissing contest narratives on Trump are nearly worthless. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The crowd was chanting, "Hang Mike Pence!"

A gallows was constructed.

Donald Trump was desperate to get to the Capitol

If the mob had been successful in capturing Mike Pence, would Donald Trump have presided over Mike Pence's hanging?

Steve Thomas

Merrick Garland's former law professor says he thinks the attorney general will indict Trump over January 6

Merrick Garland "said he'd go to the top if …

Tribe also stated to Wolf Blitzer that if Trump were actually indicted that it could very well initiate widespread violence across the country by Trump's violent base. And if Trump was actually found guilty ... ?

Tribe then postulated this what's worse trade off scenario;

What would be worse...not doing anything in this legal way regards Trump if the evidence leads to his culpability would be a greater threat to our democracy versus some violence in the streets by Trump's die hard supporters.

Tribe expects violence if Trump is indicted.  
Edited by Joe Bauer

On 7/2/2022 at 2:00 PM, Steve Thomas said:

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

“Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

Trump sent his love to the insurrectionists. I wonder if that counts as "comfort?"

Back when the 'Phants did the Impeach-a-rama follies on Clinton...Clinton's approval ratings rose. 

The Donks may run into the same problem with Trump. There comes a point when relentless inter-party warfare, the interminable red-blue pissing contests, begin to look like "piling on." Or just pissing contests. There is the possibility of martyrizing Trump. 

The Donks are, unfairly in some regards, harvesting the results of the C19 economy. Inflation, high housing prices, exacerbated declining middle-class living standards. 

The Donks have got themselves on the wrong side of the Southern border issue, the wrong side of ID politics (see recent Atlantic article on San Francisco), but probably on the right side of the abortion issue. 

Biden has looked weak on Ukraine, and it is a puzzle that Putin invaded Ukraine on Biden's watch and not Trump's. What is the explanation for that? I doubt many voters care.  It is unfortunate that the Biden family appears compromised by past financial relationships with corrupt Ukrainian enterprises.

So it goes.

Great theater.  Drink the kool-aid color of your choice. Or abstain. 

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

02dd6ae1-175a-4e62-bc8a-187e8ab43d1d_678

What is the significance of this authorization command memo above?

What is it from?

Edited by Joe Bauer

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

One of the greatest mysteries of the 21st Century...

What happened in the War Room at the Willard Hotel on the evening of January 5, 2021.

Steve Thomas

Indeed.  Cassidy Hutchinson testified that Mark Meadows called into the Willard Hotel War Room on the evening of July 5th-- after she dissuaded Meadows from attending the meeting in person.

But, thus far, none of Trump's Willard Hotel cabal have been willing to spill the beans about their coup plot.

Among other issues, I'm curious about the Michael Flynn/Charles Flynn nexus in possibly blocking the deployment of National Guard troops to the Capitol-- even when Trump, Meadows, and Ornato knew that the MAGA mob was dangerously armed.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:04 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Matt:

Actually, I have lived offshore too long, and everything in the US begins to look like political theater and comic opera. 

Oh come on, Ben I can only imagine what an empty backwater Thailand is in your life, because you're absolutely more addicted to American life than anyone here. You spend most of your waking hours on this thread  trying to engage with real life Americans to find out from us what's really going on. And I understand that, it beats talking for hours with "Ninja Johnny" at the local Thai dive bar.        heh heh

In a couple of months you're going to be the most frequent poster on this thread, despite the fact that you've only been here for about the last third of this threads pages. Face it dude. We're your lifeline!

I understand Ben has applied to be Glenn Greenwald's nanny in Rio, and although it would involve quite a move from Thailand, and  starting a whole new life, but he would at last geographically be much closer to the addictive pulse of the American way of life, while denying it's pull,  and of course be with Glenn. Though the chances are slim,  I've been instructed that while it's still pending, we shouldn't tell Ben's Thai wife.

heh heh,  a joke of course.

uhh... Happy 4th!

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Among other issues, I'm curious about the Michael Flynn/Charles Flynn nexus in possibly blocking the deployment of National Guard troops to the Capitol-- even when Trump, Meadows, and Ornato knew that the MAGA mob was dangerously armed.

Isn't this the $64,000 question?

Whether desperate pleas for back up by an over run and battered Capital police force were purposely delayed and even blocked?

"Why are there no reinforcements?" "We need help ... now!"

The Capital police were desperately shouting into their radio's over and over.

Imagine the fear and anxiety factor of being charged at by thousands of raging, screaming fanatics and who were pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, spraying and beating you down with poles and signs and then...couple this nightmare with another one of your frantic calls for help being unanswered and ignored!

You are fighting for your life for hours, your attackers have beaten you to the ground, they have defeated and moved beyond you to smash through the Capital building walls to vent their violent, screaming rage upon those who you are tasked to protect and you don't know if any of our defenseless congress persons are being injured or killed...???

No wonder many of the overrun Capital police were traumatized to serious degrees by this horrific apocalyptic movie event, made worse by their being left for hours without reinforcements despite their early frantic pleas for such and with no explanation later as to why they were left alone and outnumbered in this Battle Of The Little Big Horn fight for their lives!

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Indeed.  Cassidy Hutchinson testified that Mark Meadows called into the Willard Hotel War Room on the evening of July 5th-- after she dissuaded Meadows from attending the meeting in person.

But, thus far, none of Trump's Willard Hotel cabal have been willing to spill the beans about their coup plot.

W.,

Look who was gathered there...

Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn, Rudy Guilianni, John Eastman, and who knows who else.

All the latest and greatest.

Who knows what was plotted that night.

Did they really plot to overthrow the government of the Unites States that night? What will the history books say 50 years from now?

Steve Thomas