• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Trump, certainly, made a fuss about his passports, while playing the victim and firing up his base.

But he's not a victim.  He mishandled U.S. government property, then he refused to comply with a subpoena.

The search warrant would never have been necessary if Trump had simply obeyed the law, right?

The facts of this latest Trump fandango are still muddy. The affidavit is still sealed. 

I don't trust Trump at all; on the other hand weaponizing the Justice Department is hardly new. 

I gather the affidavit will be unsealed at some point. 

There is an unpleasant situation possibly ahead: The federal government says Mr. X stole nuclear documents, but cannot reveal the nuclear documents. 

I don't see how seizing passports makes sense. Passports are very common and immediately identifiable.

Perhaps seizing Trump's passports was just a bungle, or perhaps simple bullying. 

The passports issue intrigues me a little.

• We're the passports thrown in a box of classified documents?
  • Two of the passports were expired. The only valid one was a Diplomatic one.
  • Does a Diplomatic Passport convey Diplomatic immunity?
  • Does Diplomatic immunity protect against your bags from being searched?
  • Did Trump have a quick "go bag" where he could grab a bunch of documents and a passport at the same time?

Questions. Questions.

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump -

It’s not theirs, it’s mine’: Trump resisted advisers’ calls to return White House documents

by John Bowden 08/16/22

Documents, pictures, statues, mementos...
Makes me think of Jabba the Hutt.

Steve Thomas

Yeah Steve, as ridiculous as that seems, but then all the multiple excuses up to that point.

To people who are always upset when others put down Trump in millions of ways.

Get off your masochistic kick, and try getting a candidate who isn't an ongoing, perpetual embarrassment to you.

Post image

40 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

To people who are always upset when others put down Trump in millions of ways.

Get off your masochistic kick, and try getting a candidate who isn't an ongoing, perpetual embarrassment to you.

Try getting a candidate that isn't so pathologically emotionally insecure he has to tell everyone he talks to 24/7 how great he is and how anyone who disagrees with him are out to get him and are themselves crazy.

19 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

W, I feel a tribute is in order as Elvis died 45 years ago today and I remember that night.  So, I'll raise you and Doug on what I hope might happen with a Texas twist.  Stick around for the I been bad, I been good, Dallas Texas, (not in) Hollywood.

Yeah, Ron, Dusty Hill was always a big Elvis fan, as I learned from watching that recent documentary on Netflix about ZZ Top.

Coincidentally, I've been watching a bunch of old Elvis flicks on HBO Max during the past week.  They take me back to my childhood, when I first watched some of them at our neighborhood theater.

My favorite is Viva Las Vegas, from 1964.  There's a lot of Americana in that film-- including footage of the Vegas Strip and the Grand Prix race over the Hoover Dam.  But the best scenery in the film is Ann Margaret!  

Edited by W. Niederhut

Secret Service knew of threats against Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, and Mike Pence for days before the Capitol riot: CREW
www.businessinsider.com/secret-service-knew-threats-nancy-pelosi-before-jan-6-riot-2022-8

How the KGB Duped Oliver Stone

FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE--The Daily Beast

Many Americans believe that JFK was assassinated as the result of some sort of conspiracy, perhaps even by the CIA—the direct result of a KGB influence operation.

Updated Sep. 17, 2018 5:29PM ET Published Apr. 29, 2017 12:13AM ET 

Helping defeat Hillary Clinton is not the most successful influence operation Moscow has ever mounted against the United States. The most momentous, yes. But any covert activity that is exposed so rapidly and incites a backlash cannot be deemed an unalloyed accomplishment.

Moscow’s single most effective influence operation remains the one induced 50 years ago this month, when the now-defunct New Orleans States-Item published a front-page story on April 25, 1967, entitled “Mounting Evidence Links CIA to ‘Plot’ Probe.”

It was an operation that culminated in an unimaginable achievement—inclusion in a Hollywood blockbuster by Oliver Stone that contends the CIA was instrumental in JFK's assassination.

That probe, as every conscious American knew, was district attorney Jim Garrison’s re-investigation of President Kennedy’s assassination amid a pronounced erosion of public confidence in the Warren Report. On March 1, 1967, Garrison had ostentatiously announced the arrest of Clay Shaw, a respected businessman, and charged him with complicity in JFK’s death. It was an outlandish and baseless accusation, yet Shaw would prove far from the only victim. The miscarriage of justice that unfolded over the next two years would have vast, if largely unappreciated, consequences for America’s political culture.....

---30---

Well, there you have it. The KGB duped Oliver Stone and helped elect Don Trump. The truth straight from The Daily Beast and the Deep State-mouthpiece Max Holland. 

We need a Ministry of Truth to preserve verisimilitude in public discourse. 

---30---

https://www.thedailybeast.com/was-russia-behind-cia-killed-jfk