The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Ben, my point about your "research" is in reference to your WC-like tendency to ignore evidence that conflicts with your foregone conclusions.

I think we BOTH agree that a "Deep State" exists. But I see no evidence that it is constrained by a particular political ideology; rather, it is, and always has been, part of a not-completely-monolithic oligarchy. The "golden rule," as in, "those who possess the gold make the rules." Trump was their "useful idiot" until his supporters, with his encouragement, attacked the US Capital building. From that point forward, Trump was no longer useful to them, and they would no longer provide cover for him and his minions. It's exactly what happened to Nixon when the oligarchy decided he was no longer useful to them. After Nixon was replaced by the malleable Gerald Ford, the oligarchy managed to use a couple of intentionally unsuccessful assassination attempts to make sure he got the message. But the message wasn't overtly political. It was to remind Ford to keep turning a blind eye to how the oligarchy was corrupting the system to their financial benefit.

It's seldom about politics or ideology.

It's ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS about the money.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

“People should just, just be ready to get out on the streets with pitchforks and torches with how low the liberal media has become.” —Tim Michels, GOP candidate for WI governor.

That doesn't sound to me like it's the LEFT that is threatening violence.

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Except for his most cult like followers, growing chunks of his less committed base are finally admitting they can't keep up defending and cheer leading his 24/7 attacking anger campaigns against anyone and everything

I have thankfully noticed this locally now as well. 

46 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

“People should just, just be ready to get out on the streets with pitchforks and torches with how low the liberal media has become.” —Tim Michels, GOP candidate for WI governor.

That doesn't sound to me like it's the LEFT that is threatening violence.

Everybody knows this truth.

Sen. Graham says if Trump is indicted, there will be 'riots in the street' | Fox News

Again, it's NOT the left that is threatening violence...contrary to what Ben has claimed. The left has merely acknowledged that the right is threatening violence, should Trump get indicted. 

That's a HUGE difference.

If you say you're going to punch me in the nose if something occurs, and then I tell someone about your threat, how do I become the one advocating violence?

I don't. 

The left is merely talking about the violence that the MAGA supporters are threatening. That does NOT equate to the left advocating violence...unless you're quite twisted.

4 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Sen. Graham says if Trump is indicted, there will be 'riots in the street' | Fox News

Again, it's NOT the left that is threatening violence...contrary to what Ben has claimed. The left has merely acknowledged that the right is threatening violence, should Trump get indicted. 

That's a HUGE difference.

If you say you're going to punch me in the nose if something occurs, and then I tell someone about your threat, how do I become the one advocating violence?

I don't. 

The left is merely talking about the violence that the MAGA supporters are threatening. That does NOT equate to the left advocating violence...unless you're quite twisted.

Ben keeps saying this, though it was Ben who first posted Lindsey Graham's "riots in the streets"comments.

It's hard to dislodge Ben of his being 180 degrees wrong on this because he first bought this macro idea that the "Deep State" is promulgating civil war in order to  oppressively crack down on their opposition. That was the first serious talk anyone had here about "civil war".

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben keeps saying this, though it was Ben who first posted Lindsey Graham's "riots in the streets"comments.

It's hard to dislodge Ben of his being 180 degrees wrong on this because he first bought this macro idea that the "Deep State" is promulgating civil war in order to  oppressively crack down on their opposition. That was the first serious talk anyone had here about "civil war".

Lindsey Graham appears to have joined the "pending civil war" doomers, although he limited his comments to "riots." Graham  needs to retire, and become a talk-show host. 

A lot of doomerism going on. 

However, on the "pending civil war" meme, that appears mostly statist fear-mongering, and also left-wing. Interestingly, it used to be the right-wing that seized the mantle of state authority. The roles have reversed? 

Biden's recent, creepy, over-staged speech, which made him look demented and manipulated (surely Biden did not pick the spooky set-design), nevertheless in some ways put the official state seal on "the civil war and dangerous Americans" outlook. 

Trump often appeared demented too.

But Biden is president now.  

But whether Trump is President or Biden, or HRC, or DeSantis...the results seem the same. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Trump is playing the victim and actively inciting violence with his lie-filled rant in PA today-- calling for his cult to "smash" the Democrats.  Shades of January 6th.

Here's a live-tweet analysis of Trump's rant by Seth Abramson.

Thread by @SethAbramson on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Trump is playing the victim and actively inciting violence with his lie-filled rant in PA today-- calling for his cult to "smash" the Democrats.  Shades of January 6th.

Here's a live-tweet analysis of Trump's rant by Seth Abramson.

Thread by @SethAbramson on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

This is just incredible.  Makes me wonder if Oz gave him a physical exam, did it include an old-fashioned finger anal exam, that stimulated him?