The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

57 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

My understanding is the Israelis had suitcase-sized interceptors around DC that could intercept all transmissions within a certain range. 

I doubt Trump could talk directly to Putin without being intercepted.  

I wonder why Putin invaded Ukraine on Biden's watch, and not Trump's? 

It was a catastrophic blunder by Putin, to be sure.

He underestimated Ukrainian resistance to additional Russian incursions and theft of Ukrainian territory-- after the seizure of Crimea in 2014-- and he also underestimated Joe Biden.

As for Trump, he was always a compromised Russian asset.

As Trump's own NSC Russian policy expert Dr. Fiona Hill said, she "never saw Trump put America first.  Not once."

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Mary Trump on How Her Uncle Keeps Getting Away With It

Mary Trump on Trump Judge Aileen Cannon, the former president’s latest enabler.

Should be read by all.  It goes deep.

DeSantis or the chump.  Neither I think.

Florida newspaper disgusted by Republicans refusing to disavow poopoo and white supremacist supporters (msn.com)

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

He underestimated Ukrainian resistance to additional Russian incursions and theft of Ukrainian territory-- after the seizure of Crimea in 2014-- and he also underestimated Joe Biden.

As for Trump, he was always a compromised Russian asset.

As Trump's own NSC Russian policy expert Dr. Fiona Hill said, she "never saw Trump put America first.  Not once."

I agree, a horrible blunder with catastrophic consequences for everybody---that is Putin's insane, inhumane war on Ukraine. 

But Putin invaded Ukraine on Biden's watch, not Trump's. 

Putin saw something in Biden he did not see in Trump. 

Biden offered refuge to Zelensky, agreed to never send troops to Ukraine, honored Russia's no-fly zone of Ukraine.  

Biden has allowed Putin to set the terms of war. 

If Trump was a Moscow stooge---then Putin's invasion of Ukraine was curiously timed. 

More likely, Putin did not want to tangle with Trump. Trump may be only for Trump, but if you make Trump look bad....

Biden looked weak, and Putin struck. 

NATO? They are helping but little. Frankly, Trump's dismissal of NATO was somewhat earned. 

Perfectly stated:

"Taking government documents and then not returning them when asked is obstruction, plain and simple. The classification marks on some of them are proof that they are government documents, whether or not they are still classified. Trump did not own them when he was president, he does not own them today, and he never will own them in the future.

These documents do not belong to Trump, and Cannon appears to want to talk about anything that might distract from that disturbing fact."

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/09/15/judge-cannon-deems-grand-jury-subpoenas-toilet-paper/

Facebook Bans Holocaust Film for Violating Race Policy

The filmmakers behind ‘Beautiful Blue Eyes,’ which marks Roy Scheider’s final performance, cannot advertise or promote the movie because the title breaches its policy against content that “includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race”

He is an excellent choice. I expect him to finish examining the 100 classified documents within 30 days, well before the pro-Trump deadline of Nov. 30 set by the biased federal judge in Florida, thus frustrating her order.

Meet the Brooklyn judge now at the epicenter of the Mar-a-Lago records case - POLITICO

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

My understanding is the Israelis had suitcase-sized interceptors around DC that could intercept all transmissions within a certain range. 

I doubt Trump could talk directly to Putin without being intercepted.  

I wonder why Putin invaded Ukraine on Biden's watch, and not Trump's? 

Biden's disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan convinced Putin that the U.S. military and foreign policy was askew, and February 2022 was to time for Russia to act by invading Ukraine. Biden recovered his senses and working with Zelensky is inflicting a disastrous defeat upon the Russia military, which has been shown to be almost mediocre.

My guess on why Putin invaded Ukraine when he did is that the last thing he wanted to do was make his asset Trump look weak. Trump's fake "strength" -- I've never seen a whinier, softer, less manly adult in my life -- is what his idiot followers love most about him. Weakening Trump was the last think he would want to do. Russia is hundreds of millions of dollars into propping up fascists in the west. They are playing the long game.

14 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

He underestimated Ukrainian resistance to additional Russian incursions and theft of Ukrainian territory

W.,

I have it on good authority that Putin will declare the Ukrainian War to be a Hoax and that it was stolen from him and that he was the real winner.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

30 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Biden's disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan convinced Putin that the U.S. military and foreign policy was askew, and February 2022 was to time for Russia to act by invading Ukraine. Biden recovered his senses and working with Zelensky is inflicting a disastrous defeat upon the Russia military, which has been shown to be almost mediocre.

Doug, So what I think you're saying is Biden was the first of the last 4 Presidents who had the balls to defy the "deep state" and get out of Afghanistan,  and then on top of it,  deliberately botched the withdrawal to give Putin a false sense of confidence in order to have Putin invade Ukraine,  with Biden  knowing full well that  Russia's military was a paper tiger that needed to be exposed and that if we just staked the Ukraine military with our short range  weapons there was a good chance Biden could bring Putin to his knees politically and  a chance of forcing him from office?

So in essence, Biden defies the "deep state" , and leaves them griping about the getting out of Afghanistan and the withdrawl. Then rubs their noses in it when we at least severely weaken Putin on the global scene?

Whoa!, and they talk about Trump's ability to play 3-d chess???? Look out Joe!

Now we have to worry about Putin in desperacy using nuclear weapons in a vain attempt to hold on to power! Right Ben?

heh heh!

5 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Interesting, especially considering that the slave-owning Anglos from the American South originally migrated to the Mexican province of Tejas as guests of the Mexican government.  It was sort of the opposite of the John Wayne/Red River version of history, in which the Mexicans were always identified as the bandidos.

Even the early 19th century American merchants who traveled from Missouri to southern Colorado and Taos on the old Santa Fe Trail did so only with the permission of the Mexican governor in Santa Fe.