The Education Forum

Stanley Marks: Forgotten hero

I love this Forum!  It certainly delivers Education!  Many thanks Rob & Jim for this.

'Murder Most Foul' is in the post.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Pete!

Al Rossi's new piece hosted at radical.org includes a nice mention of Stanley Marks and MMF toward the conclusion of the essay. But even for those not interested in Marks it's worth reading: a really brilliant scholarly meditation on the question "“Why are so many people against ‘conspiracy theory’?” The piece is titled: 

"The Necessary Rebuff of Conspiracy (Theory)"
https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/NecessaryRebuffOfC-T.html

• 1 month later...

Nice work Rob. 

Look forward to reading it.

Man, kudos to the publisher for doing this.

And that show with you and his daughter on Thursday on BOR.  That will be memorable.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Listened to the show.

I thought it was really neat, and parts of it were touching.

Nice having Bobbi on.  Liked it went she said near the end, if her dad were alive, he would have spent about an hour on the phone with each person who called him about his book.

I was not aware he wrote a book after Stone's film JFK came out.  What was the name of that one Rob?

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Liked it went she said near the end, if her dad were alive, he would have spent about an hour on the phone with each person who called him about his book.

Jim, thanks very much for all this great feedback - will share it with Bobbie, who wanted to know what you thought. The book you asked about is called "Yes, Americans, A Conspiracy Murdered JFK!" published in June 1992. (I listed all his political books and most of his published essays in the reprint of MMF, in the section right after the photographs.) That was his last major work on the case. The one preceding "Yes, Americans" was "Coup d'Etat! Three Murders That Changed the Course of History" (Feb. 1970) -- his third  JFK book. I am committed to getting these two out as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed the interview. And Len was very generous with his time.

Edited by Rob Couteau

And talk about having my work cut out for me. This is the back cover of Stanley's 14th book, an attack on the Reagan administration titled: "A Year in the Lives of the Damned! Reagan, Reaganism, 1986," published in 1988. He says it's "Written in the form of a diary, each month is a chapter." There is also one sentence in the book on JFK, where he quotes from JFK's inaugural: "If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." Then Marks adds: "-- A 20th Century Radical: John F. Kennedy. The President of the U.S.!"

reagan-book-sjm.png

That really looks good.

We are just beginning to understand today how bad the effects of Reaganism really were.

Stanley knew about them back then.  He sounds like Bob Parry with the Iran Contra issue.  Which we never got to the bottom of.  

Gary Webb tried.

17 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That really looks good.

We are just beginning to understand today how bad the effects of Reaganism really were.

Stanley knew about them back then.  He sounds like Bob Parry with the Iran Contra issue.  Which we never got to the bottom of.  

Gary Webb tried.

A look what happened to Gary Webb.

I’v just read part one, it’s a fabulous article, very articulate, he has a great grasp of language and his thoughts are very well organised. It’s very thought provoking. 

@Rob Couteaufantastic! ✔️✔️✔️

Edited by Chris Barnard

Is Len Osanic on a roll or what?

Three straight weeks and he has:

1.) Greg Poulgrain on for his new book on Indonesia;

2.) Alan Dale who edited the new book of conversations with Malcolm Blunt;

3.) And now for the first time anywhere he has Roberta Marks on, the daughter of the late Stanley Marks, one of the most overlooked, underrated authors on the JFK case.

To me, this is what Black Op Radio is all about: letting people know about the newest writing and research in the field. Or rediscovering hidden gems that are now getting some recognition.

It now turns out that Marks wrote at least four books on the assassinations of the sixtes. One was printed after Oliver Stone's film came out. It would be great if all of those books are found and republished.  And to think, Marks did this while working a full time job, and as a hunt and peck typist.

Edited by James DiEugenio