The Education Forum

For JFK researchers, a case we also care about, his brother's murder

JUSTICE FOR SIRHAN SIRHAN

To forum moderators and fellow members, I am posting this here so JFK researchers can read it and hopefully take action and because relatively few people visit

the RFK assassination section of this forum.

Attorney Laurie Dusek, who has been diligently representing Sirhan Sirhan and trying to free him from prison, tells me he has another parole hearing scheduled for March 12, 2021. His attorney for that hearing will be Angela Berry. It will be his sixteenth parole hearing; what a long struggle it has been trying to bring justice to his case. Laurie tells me that letters from informed people who are U.S. citizens would help his chances with the parole board and that he “NEEDS letters of support.” Those of us in the JFK research community who also care about the RFK case and about Sirhan and about justice can do a civic duty by writing a letter to the parole board; I will be among those doing so.

Most of us here understand that Sirhan did not shoot Senator Robert Kennedy, although he did shoot other people, and that he genuinely has no memory of those events but is regretful that they occurred and that he had a role in them. He was a patsy who was programmed to be involved. And he has been in prison now for fifty-two years for wounding other people. If he hadn’t been falsely accused of killing RFK, he would have been freed long ago. But as Laurie Dusek tells me, and as I have understood from watching his parole hearings and reading about the case, that argument does not convince the parole board. Even the passionate pleas of one of the shooting victims, Paul Schrade, who understands that Sirhan did not shoot RFK, have gone unheeded by the board. It is also not beneficial to Sirhan at this point to bring up the other probable shooter, Thane Eugene Cesar, or the actions of Kamala Harris in keeping Sirhan in prison. So another approach is called for in writing to the board about Sirhan urging that he be paroled from prison.

Laurie Dusek suggests, “People can raise the question of his innocence but it would be better if they focus on his age, 76, the fact that after more than 52 years in prison he has paid his debt to society, Covid19 issues, outrage at spending taxpayers $ to keep him in prison, his clean prison record, the fact that both the State psychologists and Dan Brown [Dr. Daniel Brown of the Harvard Medical School, an expert on hypnosis and coercive persuasion, who has worked pro bono with Sirhan to try to recover his memory of the shooting] agree that Sirhan is not a threat to himself or others, and the issue of JUSTICE. As many people you can reach would be appreciated. Letters do not have to be long — they can simply state the writer's name and say ‘I am an American citizen and send this letter in support of parole for Sirhan B. Sirhan.’”

Letters should be mailed to:

State of California, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction

Board of Parole

P.O. Box 4036

Sacramento, Ca. 95812-4936

The salutation is “Dear Parole Board.”

Edited by Joseph McBride

17 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

JUSTICE FOR SIRHAN SIRHAN

To forum moderators and fellow members, I am posting this here so JFK researchers can read it and hopefully take action and because relatively few people visit

the RFK assassination section of this forum.

Attorney Laurie Dusek, who has been diligently representing Sirhan Sirhan and trying to free him from prison, tells me he has another parole hearing scheduled for March 12, 2021. His attorney for that hearing will be Angela Berry. It will be his sixteenth parole hearing; what a long struggle it has been trying to bring justice to his case. Laurie tells me that letters from informed people who are U.S. citizens would help his chances with the parole board and that he “NEEDS letters of support.” Those of us in the JFK research community who also care about the RFK case and about Sirhan and about justice can do a civic duty by writing a letter to the parole board; I will be among those doing so.

Most of us here understand that Sirhan did not shoot Senator Robert Kennedy, although he did shoot other people, and that he genuinely has no memory of those events but is regretful that they occurred and that he had a role in them. He was a patsy who was programmed to be involved. And he has been in prison now for fifty-two years for wounding other people. If he hadn’t been falsely accused of killing RFK, he would have been freed long ago. But as Laurie Dusek tells me, and as I have understood from watching his parole hearings and reading about the case, that argument does not convince the parole board. Even the passionate pleas of one of the shooting victims, Paul Schrade, who understands that Sirhan did not shoot RFK, have gone unheeded by the board. It is also not beneficial to Sirhan at this point to bring up the other probable shooter, Thane Eugene Cesar, or the actions of Kamala Harris in keeping Sirhan in prison. So another approach is called for in writing to the board about Sirhan urging that he be paroled from prison.

Laurie Dusek suggests, “People can raise the question of his innocence but it would be better if they focus on his age, 76, the fact that after more than 52 years in prison he has paid his debt to society, Covid19 issues, outrage at spending taxpayers $ to keep him in prison, his clean prison record, the fact that both the State psychologists and Dan Brown [Dr. Daniel Brown of the Harvard Medical School, an expert on hypnosis and coercive persuasion, who has worked pro bono with Sirhan to try to recover his memory of the shooting] agree that Sirhan is not a threat to himself or others, and the issue of JUSTICE. As many people you can reach would be appreciated. Letters do not have to be long — they can simply state the writer's name and say ‘I am an American citizen and send this letter in support of parole for Sirhan B. Sirhan.’”

Letters should be mailed to:

State of California, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction

Board of Parole

P.O. Box 4036

Sacramento, Ca. 95812-4936

The salutation is “Dear Parole Board.”

Can we email in this day and age or is it a letter only? I am quite happy to write one. Before Lisa Pease’ book I was convinced Sirhan did not fire the fatal shot, after reading the book I am quite taken by the blank theory and there being other shooters/suspects than just Thane Eugene Caesar. 

Laurie Dusek adds in a Facebook post, "Sirhan needs letters in support of him being granted parole. This isn’t about retrying the case as the Parole Board won’t listen to anything about the underlying crime. This is about Sirhan being in prison for over 52 years and denied parole 15 times even though he has a clean record in prison and both State and defense psychologists say Sirhan poses no threat to himself or society.

"Please, even just a short letter saying 'I support parole for Sirhan' would help.
Sirhan deserves justice."

5 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

I count at least THREE mental health professionals - Dr. Bernard L. Diamond, Dr. Daniel P. Brown, and Dr. Eduard Simson-Kallas, who examined Sirhan and agree with the notion that he was hypnotized into firing a weapon.

Maybe the second most important point beyond the impossibility of his firing from inches behind the ear from several feet in front or RFK in the big picture of how.  But not what Sirhan needs now.  

He's been a model prisoner.  He's served his time beyond what others accused of similar crimes have.  He's an old man who will harm no one.  He has earned the right to die free.  I won't mention being used by His government in my letter.

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Maybe the second most important point beyond the impossibility of his firing from inches behind the ear from several feet in front or RFK in the big picture of how.  But not what Sirhan needs now.  

He's been a model prisoner.  He's served his time beyond what others accused of similar crimes have.  He's an old man who will harm no one.  He has earned the right to die free.  I won't mention being used by His government in my letter.

It is true but sad when basic evidence that blows the case wide open is "not what Sirhan needs now". **** our Vice President-elect. Western exceptionalism is a mental illness.

It's sad and outrageous that the argument of innocence carries no weight with the parole board, but the alternative to trying to argue that in letters is acquiescing in letting Sirhan die in prison, which would be intolerable. 

I remember reading that John F. Kennedy said when

he was in Congress that if he received eight letters

from constituents on an issue, he would take notice,

and it would influence him, because few people

take the trouble to write their congressman. Writing,

printing, and mailing a physical letter to the parole board

may make an impact on them.

Edited by Joseph McBride

17 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

It's sad and outrageous that the argument of innocence carries no weight with the parole board, but the alternative to trying to argue that in letters is acquiescing in letting Sirhan die in prison, which would be intolerable.

A tragic reality of the California or US legal system, there is so much compelling evidence in this case and it is ignored for political reasons. Even more shocking Sirhan has spent so long in jail despite members of the Kennedy family asking for his release. 

I guess we are supposed to plead that Sirhan has been jailed way too long and had been a model prisoner.  Now he is i danger of getting CV 19 for all that.

When Paul Schrade tried to plead his innocence in front  of the Board it did not work.  So we should try this.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

On a practical note, how can Sirhan afford to live outside prison?

Does he have one or two brothers still alive? I am sure I saw that in a documentary, though it may have been a few years old.