The Education Forum

1970 Document

Calvin Ye

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Calvin Ye said:

I have a question: Where can I get a copy of the Navy Document that reported Ruth Paine requesting information about Oswald's family in 1957?

Where did you read or hear about this report?  Oswald's family in 1957 amounted to his mother, brothers, Uncle Dutz in New Orleans from what I've read.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Where did you read or hear about this report?  Oswald's family in 1957 amounted to his mother, brothers, Uncle Dutz in New Orleans from what I've read.

I learned about it from reading the endnotes of the book Destiny Betrayed: JFK, Cuba, and the Garrison Case

In the index Ruth is mentioned 5 times over 14 total pages.  Can you be more specific about the end notes reference, a page/chapter number.  Maybe who he say's the info comes from, he's pretty good on documenting sources.  

It's been several years since I've read Jim's books and I don't remember this Navy Document.

Though I've forgotten other portions before, as noted, by me. 

A friend spent some time looking into this to see if we could use it in my film about Ruth Paine.  I don't remember all the details, but there is a researcher named Michael Levy who claims to have the document...but he would not provide it to us.  Until we see this document, it might as well be made up out of thin air.

Edited by Max Good

5 hours ago, Max Good said:

A friend spent some time looking into this to see if we could use it in my film about Ruth Paine.  I don't remember all the details, but there is a researcher named Michael Levy who claims to have the document...but he would not provide it to us.  Until we see this document, it might as well be made up out of thin air.

Why won't he provide it to this forum?

On 1/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Calvin Ye said:

I have a question: Where can I get a copy of the Navy Document that reported Ruth Paine requesting information about Oswald's family in 1957?

What page is the end note on and in what edition of the book did you find it?  Jim states that most of his sources for Ruth Paine and her husband are from articles written in Probe Magazine by Carol Hewitt, Steve Jones and Barbara LaMonica. Maybe the navy document can be found in these articles.

Edited by John Kowalski

29 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

What page is the end note on and in what edition of the book did you find it?  Jim states that most of his sources for Ruth Paine and her husband are                                     from articles written in Probe Magazine by Carol Hewitt, Steve Jones and Barbara LaMonica. Maybe the navy document can be found in these articles.

It is the 1992 edition and the end note is on page 343

2 hours ago, Calvin Ye said:

It is in Chapter 6, *22 of the first edition

Can't find it in the second edition. If the document has a number attached to it you may be able to find that document in Mary Ferrell's database.

One of Oswald's relatives, Dorothy Murret, may have had intelligence connections. Maybe Ruth Paine was investigating this connection.

Edited by John Kowalski