The Education Forum

Someone (or some group) hacked Amazon and removed 4 of my books and Josiah's from the author pages

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Thanks Vince I will share that with Rex, he has had no response from Amazon yet.  That reply does make it sound like more of a hack of some sort?

I DEFINITELY think it was a hack---several prominent PRO conspiracy author's books taken out of the mix (search engines). Like someone said, Amazon wouldn't kill their own, so to speak: they want traffic and sales. I think it was definitely a malicious hack with a purpose.

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

My autobiography, Being There: Eyewitness to history, also no longer appears on Amazon.

I wonder if all of TrineDay's books have been hacked and removed.

I would most definitely contact Amazon and forcefully ask for your book to come back to your author page. I was lucky- I had all five of my books bookmarked, so the specific url was easy to find. The next best place to try to find your books urls is to go to Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed of other prominent related titles.

1 hour ago, Robert Burrows said:

All of this goes to show that, after almost 60 years, someone (or something) still wants to keep the American people in the dark when it comes to the truth about JFK assassination. 

Like someone else said: no Litwin, Posner or Bugliosi book was harmed in the making of this Amazon hack!

3 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Well that wouldn't cover me....how about Josiah?

ESPECIALLY JOSIAH (with all due respect to you, Larry, as well as any and all other renowned authors). HIS book has been selling amazingly since late last year- he has rankings to be envious of. I told Matt Douthit (who knows Tink) to have Tink contact Amazon to restore his book to his author page/search engine (his name/ jfk assassination/book title/kennedy assassination searches).

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Two more of my books are now gone,  Shadow Warfare and The Awful Grace of God

I JUST checked-they are back!

It's back Larry.

Tipping Point: The Conspiracy that Murdered President John Kennedy: Hancock, Larry: 9781736440902: Amazon.com: Books

Along with several of your others, though it only shows one of supposedly 5 reviews for TP.  Thompson's Last second is back as well.

Glad I've already got Honest Answers (just finished) and Tipping Point (just started).

Edited by Ron Bulman

Big issue here. Amazon, Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook have become de facto town squares. 

But they can keep anyone out. Sabotage anyone. 

Some people like censorship, when it goes their way. 

But that is the thing about censorship. Once the wolfhounds are set loose...

31 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Well that's a relief, what a strange day - thanks Vince, I don't think Rex ever got a reply from customer support, looks like you got their attention!

Glad you got started on Tipping Point Ron, hope you enjoy it...  Larry

I already do.  I read the serialization.  Then I skipped straight to Ruby in the book, which leads to Roselli.  I've long wondered about a connection between the two. They might be worth a thread of there own.  For now I've started in earnest on the hard copy I can earmark and go back and highlight!  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

Well that's a relief, what a strange day - thanks Vince, I don't think Rex ever got a reply from customer support, looks like you got their attention!

Glad you got started on Tipping Point Ron, hope you enjoy it...  Larry

You're a fantastic author, Larry. I am an ok hack who is a decent researcher, but you put me to shame in the writer category. :)

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Big issue here. Amazon, Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook have become de facto town squares. 

But they can keep anyone out. Sabotage anyone. 

Some people like censorship, when it goes their way. 

But that is the thing about censorship. Once the wolfhounds are set loose...

Postscript on censorship: for many moons (roughly 1998-2013), when one Googled secret service jfk, my work came up quite prominently. Since 2013, next to nothing of my work appears! This was during the time that former agents Clint Hill and Gerald Blaine had very high quality websites put up online. As someone told me, it is probable that they messed with HTML and other factors to wipe me out; meaning, they probably encoded "reroutes" of my name to THEIR sites, as they come up now in a big way. Only a prominent Vanity Fair article that mentions my work and an Irish Central article mention me/ my work now.