The Education Forum

Here Comes the Smear Oliver Stone Campaign...

Unfortunately, profanity is verboten on this forum.

Just saw this Andrew Roth article in the Entertainment section at The Guardian, below a lead article about the Cannes Film Festival.

Notice the strange timing.  The hit piece is not even about the new JFK Revisited film premiering at Cannes!

Oliver Stone derided for film about ‘modest’ former Kazakh president

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/11/oliver-stone-film-ex-kazakhstan-president-nursultan-nazabayev

Edited by W. Niederhut

Can you believe this ?!@#$ 🤕

Talk about Orwellian DOUBLE SPEAK!

A "just the facts" approach that is also a "grandiose (i.e., delusional) conspiracy theory?"

So, fact-based beliefs are now delusions-- at least according to Variety.

‘JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass’ Review: Oliver Stone Doubles Down on the Mother of All Conspiracy Theories

The director has made a kind of documentary companion-piece sequel to 'JFK,' in which he takes a just-the-facts-ma'am approach that never belies the grandiosity of his conspiracy theories.

https://variety.com/2021/film/reviews/jfk-revisited-through-the-looking-glass-review-oliver-stone-doubles-down-1235017228/

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Can you believe this ?!@#$ 🤕

Talk about Orwellian DOUBLE SPEAK!

A "just the facts" approach that is also a "grandiose (i.e., delusional) conspiracy theory?"

So, fact-based beliefs are now delusions-- at least according to Variety.

‘JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass’ Review: Oliver Stone Doubles Down on the Mother of All Conspiracy Theories

The director has made a kind of documentary companion-piece sequel to 'JFK,' in which he takes a just-the-facts-ma'am approach that never belies the grandiosity of his conspiracy theories.

https://variety.com/2021/film/reviews/jfk-revisited-through-the-looking-glass-review-oliver-stone-doubles-down-1235017228/

Operation Mockingbird continues...

And this nonsense...

It looks like the M$M is leaning heavily on the CIA's old "conspiracy theory" meme to denigrate the film.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

And this nonsense...

It looks like the M$M is leaning heavily on the CIA's old "conspiracy theory" meme to denigrate the film.

It's impossible not to laugh at this excuse for an attempt at a review.  This guy really doesn't know dooky from shinola about reality.

Shinola Dress Parade Applicator Inside Brown Stain Boot Polish 2 1/8Oz. Unopened | eBay

Unfortunately he's spreading the dookey that's on his face in a widely read place I thought was a little more objective than it seems to be.

Edited by Ron Bulman

It looks like Jim Phelps just started a duplicate thread on the forum tonight about negative reviews of JFK Revisited.

Just to clarify, my purpose for starting this particular thread yesterday was not to denigrate JFK Revisited -- far from it!  Like most of the forum, I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this film, and hoping that it will help shatter the pervasive M$M disinformation about JFK's assassination.

So, I'm interested in tracking the M$M propaganda denigrating the film -- something that most of us probably expected, given the history of Mockingbird/M$M promotion of the Warren Commission Report.

For example, I think the Guardian hit piece yesterday (at the top of this thread) was a kind of pre-emptive CIA strike, before the Cannes premiere of JFK Revisited, to impugn Oliver Stone's credibility.

"In general, the movie's attempts to connect the JFK assassination to a wider cause -- such as when it seems to claim that Trumpism was set in motion by the failure of the USA to investigate the assassination properly -- fall flat," he explained. "It's impossible not to laugh at this babyish filmmaking. Oliver Stone means well, but a film of this sort would never be given the time of day by any other director."

I remember reading such as this about the JFK film by Stone years ago.  The cover up continues.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, John Butler said:

"In general, the movie's attempts to connect the JFK assassination to a wider cause -- such as when it seems to claim that Trumpism was set in motion by the failure of the USA to investigate the assassination properly -- fall flat," he explained. "It's impossible not to laugh at this babyish filmmaking. Oliver Stone means well, but a film of this sort would never be given the time of day by any other director."

I remember reading such as this about the JFK film by Stone years ago.  The cover up continues.

I felt like Stone might have been either trying to cover something up or send us in another direction with JFK.  Just my impression...

On 7/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, Ron Bulman said:

It's impossible not to laugh at this excuse for an attempt at a review.  This guy really doesn't know dooky from shinola about reality.

Shinola Dress Parade Applicator Inside Brown Stain Boot Polish 2 1/8Oz. Unopened | eBay

Unfortunately he's spreading the dookey that's on his face in a widely read place I thought was a little more objective than it seems to be.

In my book, anybody who says they 'believe' Judyth is up for grabs...not necessarily that he isn't sincere...

4 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

I felt like Stone might have been either trying to cover something up or send us in another direction with JFK.  Just my impression...

Pamela - I don’t like the Judyth thing either but I don’t doubt his sincerity.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, John Butler said:

Seems to claim - a spurious phrase. The wider cause is obvious, though apparently not to this reviewer. Failure to hold the guilty to account for the cold blooded murders of the 1960’s is part of a larger failure of government to live up to being of, by, and for the people. Trumpism is just the latest symptom, not the first, of disillusionment with our elected officials. I just love the latest complaints that people aren’t going back to work because they are getting too much unemployment. True that, but why not look at how little they get paid when they do work. Our whole system is controlled by the rich and powerful, and that’s the connection to JFK RFK MLK X, all of whom shared the courage to confront the Power structures. 

On 7/12/2021 at 3:25 PM, Robert Burrows said:

Operation Mockingbird continues...

Exactly Robert.

And it's all still highly placed and aggressively operational when it needs to be.

Stone casts " dark shadows on LBJ and Allen Dulles." ???

The truth is those two characters are 10 times darker in reality than our society has been allowed to know! J.E. Hoover too!

The credibility attacks on Stone are so obvious and shameless! Most Europeans see right through these phony attack pieces and their ridiculous misdirection silliness and true agenda. Americans by and large tend to be much more uninformed, gullible and naive imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Seems to claim - a spurious phrase. The wider cause is obvious, though apparently not to this reviewer. Failure to hold the guilty to account for the cold blooded murders of the 1960’s is part of a larger failure of government to live up to being of, by, and for the people. Trumpism is just the latest symptom, not the first, of disillusionment with our elected officials. I just love the latest complaints that people aren’t going back to work because they are getting too much unemployment. True that, but why not look at how little they get paid when they do work. Our whole system is controlled by the rich and powerful, and that’s the connection to JFK RFK MLK X, all of whom shared the courage to confront the Power structures. 

Thanks Paul

17 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I guess we'll see...one way or another...I'll keep an open mind...