The Education Forum

Connally's lapel flip in frame 224

I have been looking at the Groden copy and it is clearer for viewing the lapel. In frame 222 the lapel looks like it has already flipped over most of the way, but in 223 it is back to normal. Then in 224 it is flipped again. Is it possible that the lapel is flipping due to Connally's wrist or hat rubbing against the lapel?
In frame 222 we see his right sleeve cuff coming up into view. Then in 223 the arm drops back down below the door and the lapel returns to normal for one frame. (The glint of sunlight off his right shirt cuff is barley visible just above the door near the bottom of the lapel.)
His wrist is higher in 222 with lapel partially flipped.
his wrist drops in 223 and the lapel is not flipped.
His wrist rises back up in 224 and the lapel is flipped again. The right cuff is identifiable in frames 229/230, if you flip back and forth you see the cuff move down with his hat.)

In frame 238 thru 239 it looks like his other lapel has flipped over. This happens as he drags his right arm and hat back to the right which may be catching the left lapel and flipping it over. Or maybe his left arm is dragging across his lapel as he tries to turn to the right. The left arm naturally drags across the chest if you try and twist your torso to the right in a seated position.
    In 238 and 239 the left lapel looks like it is flipped. Regardless of whether it is flipped or it is an anomaly due to lighting or something. how do we know the right lapel flip in 224 is due to a bullet if we see the same phenomena in frame 238 and 239?

Edited by Chris Bristow

• Chris Bristow changed the title to Connally's lapel flip in frame 224

The key for me is in 224 Connally clearly has not been hit while JFK clearly has, exactly as Connally recounted from his hospital bed at Parkland until his death, supported by his wife as well.

That alone demolishes the WC and the lone nut theory. It was a conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt for me.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

2 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

The key for me is in 224 Connally clearly has not been hit while JFK clearly has, exactly as Connally recounted from his hospital bed at Parkland until his death, supported by his wife as well.

That alone demolishes the WC and the lone nut theory. It was a conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt for me.

Yes there are much greater issues with regard to the magic bullet theory than the lapel flap. Connally turns around almost a hundred and eighty degrees after losing four in of rib on the right and sustaining a punctured lung. At Parkland one of the nurses remark that it was a sucking chest wound that was spraying out blood. He also holds on to his hat after having the radius bone broken in two near the wrist. He even articulates his wrist downward as he turns to the right. I believe he also had his tendon to the thumb severed.

The condition of ce 399 after breaking all that bone makes no sense and has never been duplicated in 50 years. I heard Latimer reproduced it..

Edited by Chris Bristow

16 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

The issue with the lapel flip is that the exit hole in Connally's jacket isn't in the lapel; it's lower.

mJyt84z.jpeg

Yes and I always thought their argument was about kinetic energy dispersed into the coat and causing the lapel to flap. Can that happen? If the front of his coat between the bullet exit and the lapel was tight against his chest at that second then the energy from the bullet into the coat could transfer along the tight portion and then Express that energy in the lapel which is free to move. Admittedly I'm reaching a bit.

16 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

Yes and I always thought their argument was about kinetic energy dispersed into the coat and causing the lapel to flap. Can that happen? If the front of his coat between the bullet exit and the lapel was tight against his chest at that second then the energy from the bullet into the coat could transfer along the tight portion and then Express that energy in the lapel which is free to move. Admittedly I'm reaching a bit.

It could also have been the wind - there seems to have been a slight breeze that day and a minor gust could’ve swirled through the plaza with all that activity.

Either way, it’s immaterial to the fact that Zapruder not only confirms the Connally’s story but also the sequence of the last two shots. The majority of witnesses - from Robert MacNeil to Wesley Frazier - said the last two shots were almost simultaneous.

Connally appears to be in hit by 229. JFK’s head shot is at 313. The Z film runs 18 frames per second, proving JFK was hit less than a second after Connally.

Case for conspiracy closed.

Whodunnit?

That’s obvious to me as well - the CIA spooks who lied and covered up evidence for decades: Phillips, Helms, Angleton, Harvey, Morales.

Motive, means, opportunity and plenty of incriminating evidence.

There is lots and lots of reasons to not accept that JBC was struck by the same bullet that passed through JFK's neck. 

Remember, JBC said, "I was knocked over, just doubled over by the force of the bullet. It went in my back and came out my chest about 2 inches below and the left of my right nipple. The force of the bullet drove my body over almost double and when I looked, immediately I could see I was just drenched with blood. (1 HSCA 42)"

But as JBC emerges from behind the Stemmons Freeway sign he is bolt upright. He then turns around to look for JFK, and makes a 180-degree turn in his seat. Maybe there was a lapel flap, maybe not. It does not seem germane. 

The Z-film, and JBC's testimony, and that of his wife all line up. 

The upshot is that was not enough time between the shot that struck JBC, and then the head shot to JFK, to have been accomplished by a lone single-shot bolt action rifle. Ergo, two guns. Ergo, conspiracy. 

For my part, I suspect two guns behind JFK, and diversionary noise and smoke (possibly from a snub nose .38) from the Grassy Knoll. Possible use of semi-automatic weapons with silencers and frangible bullets. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

58 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

The issue with the lapel flip is that the exit hole in Connally's jacket isn't in the lapel; it's lower.

mJyt84z.jpeg

Never seen this before.  Thanks.  If the bullet came out of Connally's nipple  it had to be traveling at a steep downward angle from say the TSBD (?).  It kind of makes sense.  Arm pit, down the rib, out the nipple then the coat at a further downward angle.

17 minutes ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

It could also have been the wind - there seems to have been a slight breeze that day and a minor gust could’ve swirled through the plaza with all that activity.

Either way, it’s immaterial to the fact that Zapruder not only confirms the Connally’s story but also the sequence of the last two shots. The majority of witnesses - from Robert MacNeil to Wesley Frazier - said the last two shots were almost simultaneous.

Connally appears to be in hit by 229. JFK’s head shot is at 313. The Z film runs 18 frames per second, proving JFK was hit less than a second after Connally.

Case for conspiracy closed.

Whodunnit?

That’s obvious to me as well - the CIA spooks who lied and covered up evidence for decades: Phillips, Helms, Angleton, Harvey, Morales.

Motive, means, opportunity and plenty of incriminating evidence.

There is a small mistake in your math. From frame 229 to 313 is 84 frames / 18 frames per second is  4.6 seconds.
I find Greer and Kellerman to be most reliable as they not only heard the muzzle blast and shock wave they heard the rounds come zinging into the car. Greer "The last shots were almost simultaneous." Kellerman "The last rounds came in as a flurry of shells".

3 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Never seen this before.  Thanks.  If the bullet came out of Connally's nipple  it had to be traveling at a steep downward angle from say the TSBD (?).  It kind of makes sense.  Arm pit, down the rib, out the nipple then the coat at a further downward angle.

Just saw a diagram recently made by Shaw and it had the bullet traveling at a 28 degree downward angle. connally must have been leaning back about 16 degrees if the trajectory was straight.

34 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There is lots and lots of reasons to not accept that KBC was truck by the same bullet that passed through JFK's neck. 

Remember, JBC said, "I was knocked over, just doubled over by the force of the bullet. It went in my back and came out my chest about 2 inches below and the left of my right nipple. The force of the bullet drove my body over almost double and when I looked, immediately I could see I was just drenched with blood. (1 HSCA 42)"

But as JBC emerges from behind the Stemmons Freeway sign he is bolt upright. He then turns around to look for JFK, and makes a 180-degree turn in his seat. Maybe there was a lapel flap, maybe not. It does not seem germane. 

The Z-film, and JBC's testimony, and that of his wife all line up. 

The upshot is that was not enough time between the shot that struck JBC, and then the head shot to JFK, to have been accomplished by a lone single-shot bolt action rifle. Ergo, two guns. Ergo, conspiracy. 

For my part, I suspect two guns behind JFK, and diversionary noise and smoke (possibly from a snub nose .38) from the Grassy Knoll. Possible use of semi-automatic weapons with silencers and frangible bullets. 

The issue of the lapel flap is eclipsed by Connally turning all the way around and holding his hat after a compound break of the radius and severing the tendon to his thumb. Not to mention the nearly undamaged ce399. But I address the lapel simply because it is a claim made by the skeptics and it is always interesting trying to analyze any theory. 

28 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

There is a small mistake in your math. From frame 229 to 313 is 84 frames / 18 frames per second is  4.6 seconds.
I find Greer and Kellerman to be most reliable as they not only heard the muzzle blast and shock wave they heard the rounds come zinging into the car. Greer "The last shots were almost simultaneous." Kellerman "The last rounds came in as a flurry of shells".

Big time problem with my math. That’s why I should learn my lesson and stay away from it altogether!

I had this figured out at some point. But looking at Zfilm frame 289 it appears Connally is still unhurt. Hard to tell in the next few frames but by frame 294 he definitely appears in distress.

So if we say he’s hit in 292 that means 21 frames until 313, so just a hair over one second. 

https://www.assassinationresearch.com/v2n2/zfilm/zframe289.html

3 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

Just saw a diagram recently made by Shaw and it had the bullet traveling at a 28 degree downward angle. connally must have been leaning back about 16 degrees if the trajectory was straight.

Thanks for this post. Are you able to reproduce the diagram of the 28-degree angle? 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Thanks for this post. Are you able to reproduce the diagram of the 28-degree angle? 

I was verifying the diagram before I posted and read that Shaw disagreed with the diagram in his WC testimony.  He did not personally make the diagram. The article claimed he lowered the nipple AND the exit wound. But although he lowered the nipple he said the wound was in the right place, he just had to lower the nipple to reflect its position relative to the exit wound.(see below)
WC CE680

Edited by Chris Bristow