The Education Forum

Alecia Long lays an egg

Alecia Long is a history professor at LSU. She obviously knows how to play the game of academia on the JFK case.  She is the soul sister of Fred Litwin. They both thought that Oliver's upcoming documentary would be about my book on New Orleans.  Its not. He only used the title for the long version. So her and Fred both came out with these hatchet jobs in advance.

As I note, with Long, the material she leaves out would make a much better book than what is in there. Both writers have an aversion to what the ARRB revealed about New Orleans. Which leaves them wide open to what I do below.  BTW, Paul Hoch thought this was a really good book.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/alecia-long-lays-an-egg

On 11/2/2021 at 1:58 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Alecia Long is a history professor at LSU. She obviously knows how to play the game of academia on the JFK case.  She is the soul sister of Fred Litwin. They both thought that Oliver's upcoming documentary would be about my book on New Orleans.  Its not. He only used the title for the long version. So her and Fred both came out with these hatchet jobs in advance.

As I note, with Long, the material she leaves out would make a much better book than what is in there. Both writers have an aversion to what the ARRB revealed about New Orleans. Which leaves them wide open to what I do below.  BTW, Paul Hoch thought this was a really good book.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/alecia-long-lays-an-egg

Yes, it is "woke" to bash Jim Garrison as a repressed homophobe, and thus the JFKA  was as the Warren Commission said. 

Long's book is beneath contempt. James DiEugenio is made of stronger stuff than I if he can read this M$M tripe without first downing a quart of gin. 

Garrison was onto something, he knew it, and he couldn't let go. 

Decades later, someone is still paying money (to Long in this case) to destroy Jim Garrison. 

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Marina.  "Mr. Farry".  Before Garrison brought in Ferrie for questioning?  Hmm.

That is important and interesting, but the other thing they asked Marina about I thought was even more revealing. The Mr. Reissman reference.

As John Newman notes, there were two phases to Oswald in New Orleans. The second one was the overt phase with the DRE and INCA. The first one was when he is in the Newman building printing up flyers and quietly distributing them to colleges like Tulane.  Somehow the FBI was aware that Professor Reissman either picked one up or had one dropped off in his vicinity. Banister had targeted leftwing professors at Tulane and the New Orleans Council on Peaceful Alternatives. Reissman was a member of both. Newman thinks this got into the network either through private detective J. D. VInson, working for rightwing activist Jack Rogers, or through Lt Martello, who questioned Oswald about this while LHO was in detention over the Canal Street incident.

Its amazing how fast the FBI was on to this and Ferrie after the assassination.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Coincidentally - or not - Alexandra Zapruder's 2016 book also uses American Grotesque as the lens by which she views the Garrison/Shaw trial. What's the deal with the Kirkwood book? I understand it was first published in 1970, and then reprinted in 1992 presumably in response to Stone's JFK. Not currently in print - is it scholarly distinguished or does it otherwise hold some vague abstract totemic power for critics of the critics? I had never previously heard of it.

In my review of Long's book,I explain this was about Shaw getting his side of the story out through Kirkwood. So American Grotesque makes out Shaw to be some kind of angel and Garrison to be some sort of neo poopoo.  Its one of the worst of all the Garrison bashing books ever, and it only tells maybe 1/100th of the story about New Orleans, if that.  Its really a piece of black propaganda commissioned by Clay Shaw. 

Paul Hoch actually recommended the book in 1991, before JFK came out.  Even by then, most people could see it was useless.

I’m still unclear why Peter Dale Scott referred me to Paul Hoch after I interviewed him prior to writing my trading cards. They couldn’t be more different. 

Ben:  Her book is really a disgrace in this day and age.  And I think Anthony did note she was on some foundation money.  

She is also buddies with Rosemary James.  yech.

Paul, yes they have been colleagues for a long time.  Puzzling.

But Hoch actually edited Fred Litwin's piece of crud book on Garrison.  Abominable.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In my review of Long's book,I explain this was about Shaw getting his side of the story out. So it makes out Shaw to be some kind of angel and Garrison to be some sort of neo poopoo.  Its one of the worst of all the Garrison bashing books ever, and it only tells maybe 1/100th of the story about New Orleans, if that.  Its really a piece of back propaganda commissioned by Clay Shaw. 

Paul Hoch actually recommended the book in 1991, before JFK came out.  Even by then, most people could see it was useless.

Interesting. Shaw as an Angel and Garrison as the devil.  In a fleeting thought I stumbled across this odd bit searching for a song I thought I remembered (Angel's and Devil's).

Not to distract from the thread, but maybe draw attention to it?

That's a good one Ron.  That little girl can act.

BTW if you read the review, Shaw first wanted James Leo Herlihy to write American Grotesque.

He turned it down but recommended Kirkwood. In reality Shaw commissioned the book.

Many years ago, Sean Egan, Kirkwood's biographer  got in contact with me.  He thought the book was so over the top that he asked me to sort out what was true and what was fiction.  How far over the top? Towards the end of the book Kirkwood compared Garrison's assistant DA's to the guards at the poopoo death camps.

I mean that was just utterly crazy. But Paul Hoch thought it was a good book. Wanted everyone to read it.

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That's a good one Ron.  That little girl can act.

BTW if you read the review, Shaw first wanted James Leo Herlihy to write American Grotesque.

He turned it down but recommended Kirkwood. In reality Shaw commissioned the book.

Many years ago, Sean Egan, Kirkwood's biographer  got in contact with me.  He thought the book was so over the top that he asked me to sort out what was true and what was fiction.  How far over the top? Towards the end of the book Kirkwood compared Garrison's assistant DA's to the guards at the poopoo death camps.

I mean that was just utterly crazy. But Paul Hoch thought it was a good book. Wanted everyone to read it.

Wife also LOL'd at the girl throwing the keys in the dumpster.  I'd never heard of the Reverend Peyton, from LA some years ago?

This part of the essay I think is really interesting.  We only know about it through the ARRB. I interviewed Jess Core in 1994, right before the ARRB started going.  If I had had this, it would have been a much more compelling sit down. The ITM episode was a  staged event.

Another important aspect of Oswald in New Orleans that Long discounts is Oswald’s leafleting in front of Shaw’s International Trade Mart in mid-August. This also had some interesting telltale points to it. First, Bringuier and his right hand man Carlos Quiroga said that they went to see Oswald in an attempt to infiltrate his FPCC “group” after the ITM incident. The visit occurred before it happened. And Quiroga arrived with a stack of flyers about a half foot thick. In other words, the DRE appears to have been supplying Oswald with his leaflets in preparation for the incident. Secondly, the reason we have films of the event is that Shaw’s first assistant at the ITM, Jesse Core, had summoned the cameras. (Davy, p. 38) Beyond that, it was this leafleting episode that caused George Higginbotham to alert Banister, and his reply was “One of them is one of mine.” (Oswald had hired two helpers from the unemployment office to aid him.) But there was something else to note. In addition to calling the cameras for the ITM incident, Jesse Core picked up a pamphlet from the prior Canal Street episode, the one which got Oswald arrested. He noted that it had Banister’s address on it. He mailed it from the Trade Mart to the FBI with a message attached: “note the inside back cover.” (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee, p. 568) This would suggest that both Shaw and Core knew about Oswald’s mistake. How would they know unless they were aware of Banister’s operation? Which recalls the work done for Banister by Bill Wegmann and Guy Johnson. But further, the FBI then knew about Oswald at 544 Camp Street before the assassination.

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This part of the essay I think is really interesting.  We only know about it through the ARRB. I interviewed Jess Core in 1994, right before the ARRB started going.  If I had had this, it would have been a much more compelling sit down. The ITM episode was a  staged event.

Another important aspect of Oswald in New Orleans that Long discounts is Oswald’s leafleting in front of Shaw’s International Trade Mart in mid-August. This also had some interesting telltale points to it. First, Bringuier and his right hand man Carlos Quiroga said that they went to see Oswald in an attempt to infiltrate his FPCC “group” after the ITM incident. The visit occurred before it happened. And Quiroga arrived with a stack of flyers about a half foot thick. In other words, the DRE appears to have been supplying Oswald with his leaflets in preparation for the incident. Secondly, the reason we have films of the event is that Shaw’s first assistant at the ITM, Jesse Core, had summoned the cameras. (Davy, p. 38) Beyond that, it was this leafleting episode that caused George Higginbotham to alert Banister, and his reply was “One of them is one of mine.” (Oswald had hired two helpers from the unemployment office to aid him.) But there was something else to note. In addition to calling the cameras for the ITM incident, Jesse Core picked up a pamphlet from the prior Canal Street episode, the one which got Oswald arrested. He noted that it had Banister’s address on it. He mailed it from the Trade Mart to the FBI with a message attached: “note the inside back cover.” (John Armstrong, Harvey and Lee, p. 568) This would suggest that both Shaw and Core knew about Oswald’s mistake. How would they know unless they were aware of Banister’s operation? Which recalls the work done for Banister by Bill Wegmann and Guy Johnson. But further, the FBI then knew about Oswald at 544 Camp Street before the assassination.

Damn, Damn and double Damn.  Bringuier and Quiroga supplied the (544 Camp Street) flyers used at both the Trade Mart protest, And the Bringuier confrontation?  This Should destroy everything in essence by it's self.

Indeed, in the JFK files that Biden is keeping under wraps are those pertaining to CIA'er George Joannides, and what he was doing in New Orleans during LHO's stay there. For some reason Joannides had housing in N.O., despite living in Miami at the time. 

Also under wraps are files on Gordon McLendon, the influential owner of radio station KLIF in Dallas, and a friend of Jack Ruby's. We know the CIA routinely had ties in media, and McLendon had been an intelligence asset before 1963.  

As many have stated, perhaps there is no smoking gun in the JFK files. But to paraphrase Senator Schweiker, "The fingerprints of intelligence, indeed the hamfisted mitts, are all about Oswald."