The Education Forum

Lost Film Jfk

John Butler

Does anyone know who filmed this film?  It looks like someone in the Secret Service security vehicle filmed it?  This film gives one a view of the early part of the route of the motorcade.  It ends on Main Street with Clint Hill on the back of the p limo.  Where this film ends one can continue with what happens by watching the AMIPA film.

It's best to click on the Watch on YouTube button.

Edited by John Butler

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Does anyone know who filmed this film?  It looks like someone in the Secret Service security vehicle filmed it?  This film gives one a view of the early part of the route of the motorcade.  It ends on Main Street with Clint Hill on the back of the p limo.  Where this film ends one can continue with what happens by watching the AMIPA film.

It's best to click on the Watch on YouTube button.

WTH!  When I looked at this a moment ago the film had disappeared.  Now it is back.  Hmmm?

This is a strange film.  It is if someone in the SS security car is filming this.  Who would that be?  A Secret Service man?  Or, one of the others in the vehicle?  Maybe Powers or O'Donnell?

p-limo-clint-hill-main-street.jpg

I have never found a good reason for Clint Hill to mount the back of the vehicle then get off and later do it again.

Also, at the beginning of the film there were SS men running along side the p limo.  I didn't know they did this during the Dallas Motorcade.

p-limo-ss-men-running-beside-vehicle.jpg

In this scene the p. limo must have stopped.

15 minutes ago, John Butler said:

This is a strange film.  It is if someone in the SS security car is filming this.  Who would that be?  A Secret Service man?  Or, one of the others in the vehicle?  Maybe Powers or O'Donnell?

p-limo-clint-hill-main-street.jpg

I have never found a good reason for Clint Hill to mount the back of the vehicle then get off and later do it again.

Also, at the beginning of the film there were SS men running along side the p limo.  I didn't know they did this during the Dallas Motorcade.

p-limo-ss-men-running-beside-vehicle.jpg

In this scene the p. limo must have stopped.

I have thousands and thousands of files.  It is real easy to get lost in them since they are not that organized.  And, memory is becoming more and more of a problem.  So, I have decided to organize these files so that a search will find most related files.  

I do remember working on this before with Clint Hill getting on and off the vehicle several times.  Was he warned off the vehicle, but got back on anyway?  Did he know something or suspect something?

Motorcade-route-by-passing-Elm-to-Main-c

Edited by John Butler

5 minutes ago, David Butler said:

Dave Powers filmed some of the motorcade but stopped before they got to Dealey Plaza

David,

Thanks.  I believe you are right.  This is the David Powers film.  I wonder why he stopped filming there?  Many thanks.  

Edited by John Butler

Dave Powers said he kept shooting until he ran out of film.

Just to mention that no film or pictures have emerged of two interruptions of the motorcade said to have occurred ahead of Dealey Plaza, perhaps on Main Street:

• An upset man running out in the street toward the limo.  Alleged to have been subdued by Secret Service.
  • JFK ordering the limo to stop so he could get out and greet a group of Catholic nuns.

You would think the latter would have made a great photo op for someone in the crowd.  The press on the bus were two far away.  Maybe Powers had no film.  Maybe these incidents never happened.

Edited by David Andrews

59 minutes ago, Dennis Berube said:

Joesph/David, I’d be interested if you can remember the news article source? I take it the man was never identified or interviewed/heard from again?

You would think someone in the motorcade would have mentioned this event if the guy was able to scream anything that would “warn” JFK.

It's been discussed in the back threads of the Forum, but I have no idea what keyword you'd use.  Maybe "warn" would actually work, but it would be a long slog.

One question occurs: Who was he subdued by?  Were there Secret Service on foot in the area?

Edited by David Andrews

20 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

A different moment in time:

Powers-Filming.png

Chris,

It's a shame that Dealey Plaza films don't have this quality.  I wonder why?  If you notice, the seating of the presidential party it is different in this photo.  I wonder if this says that for the assassination people had to sit where they were, say as we see in Zapruder, and in not some other arrangement.  Does this say that Yarborough was due to be hit also?  Does this indicate better then the death bed confession of E. Howard Hunt that Yarborough was on Johnson's S list and anything going Kennedy's way would also be going his way. 

Speaking of Dealey Plaza films, why is there only what we know of today?  There were thousands of people along the motorcade route.  Where are all the films that were shot by folks we don't know of that day.   There were hundreds of folks along Main Street, but we have the material from just a few people along Main Street.

1.  Patsy Paschall

2. George Jefferies

3.  Robert Yeargan

4. David Powers

These are the films that we know of about the JFK motorcade in Dallas.  I content there should be many more.  Perhaps hundreds.  Were they seized by the FBI at the various photo developers in Dallas?  It is a question that may not have an answer.  At least one that we can ask today?

I recall a film where at a TV studio or some agency there were piles of film thrown out on the floor to become trash.  I wonder what they showed?  Would they show something different from the edited films below?  

Edited by John Butler