The Education Forum

58 Years ago today rememberd/recognized.

Ron Bulman

I googled John F Kennedy assassination anniversary just to see what came up since I hadn't seen anything at all on MSN today.  This is what came up.  I counted 17 articles from today.  A half dozen or so look interesting, five related to q anon.

John F Kennedy Assassination Anniversary - Bing News

Here are a few in particular.

‘That star continues to shine brightly’: Springfield keeps memory of President John F. Kennedy alive on 58th anniversary of his assassination (msn.com)

Oliver Stone talks about his new JFK documentary on 58th anniversary of assassination (yahoo.com)

Opinions | Behind Americans’ continued fascination with John F. Kennedy’s assassination (msn.com)  

WaPo (Predictable, it does mention Looking Glass early on but then disses it.)

Remembering JFK's Bond with His Boyhood Best Friend, Who Never Got Over the Assassination (yahoo.com)

Beilue: WT professor’s book examines the lasting impact of political murders (msn.com)

Interesting, I disagree with "Democracies seem to remain safe regardless of the target."

This one from two days ago that also popped up looks interesting, especially given the source.  But you have to subscribe.

Release the JFK records (dallasnews.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman

From Parkland Memorial Hospital 58 years ago today.  Don't miss that last second. 

Which begs the question, where is the rest of this film.  Why does it just cut off so suddenly?  Did they run out of film?  I don't think so.  Two attending doctors spoke to the press immediately after acting Press Secretary Malcom Kilduff spoke.  

Kilduff said JFK was shot once in the head.  Then at the end points to his right temple.

Dr. Malcom Perry inadvertently corrected him on the number of shots when asked a few minutes later.  He said two, one to the head and one to the throat.  When asked about the throat shot he said it was one of entrance.  Under repeated questioning he stated it was an entrance wound.  Twice more.  An entrance wound, three times.  By by a qualified expert in entrance wounds versus exit wounds given his experience in the emergency room of the "public" hospital in one of the largest cities in the United States.  

This is a fact based on press reports and/or audio recording.  As well as Dr. McLellan's answer when I asked him.

I've read in years gone by that a film of the full press conference did exist.  I've also read it was given to or taken by the Secret Service, that when asked about they said they didn't know anything about it, that it didn't exist, it was lost or destroyed at different times.  I can't cite when or where I've read this last part, but I'm not making it up.

Maybe they should have cut the part released a second earlier.

How weird this looks, seen from the U.K.  A poignant anniversary hijacked.

Over a 100 QAnon supporters gathered at the Dealey Plaza in Texas where John F Kennedy was assassinated, with the hope that his deceased son John F Kennedy Jr will return to reinstate Donald Trump as US president.

Videos also showed supporters driving cars with QAnon flags around the area with statements including “Trump won 2020” and “WWG1WGA,” which is the abbreviated QAnon slogan, “Where We Go One We Go All.”

The gathering comes weeks after supporters gathered in a Q formation at the Dealey Plaza, waiting for JFK’s resurrection.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

How weird this looks, seen from the U.K.  A poignant anniversary hijacked.

Over a 100 QAnon supporters gathered at the Dealey Plaza in Texas where John F Kennedy was assassinated, with the hope that his deceased son John F Kennedy Jr will return to reinstate Donald Trump as US president.

Videos also showed supporters driving cars with QAnon flags around the area with statements including “Trump won 2020” and “WWG1WGA,” which is the abbreviated QAnon slogan, “Where We Go One We Go All.”

The gathering comes weeks after supporters gathered in a Q formation at the Dealey Plaza, waiting for JFK’s resurrection.

That's crazy.  I visited there in early June and I'm sure glad I didn't wait until this anniversary.

46 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I came across this today on MSN.

Ron, I came across the same article story yesterday as it was printed in the Miami Herald Logo.  I was confused about one portion of the article which has been abbreviated in the link you posted.  In the one from the MHL that I read yesterday and which is still posted, the person whose story is being related, David Pearson says the following: 

It is 3 p.m. that windy, fateful day. I am frozen at my desk, still stunned with the awful news of John Kennedy’s murder in Dallas.

My phone rings. “Shriver wants you and Lloyd Wright to go to [Kennedy aide] Ralph Dungan’s office at the White House to help.” Running all the way, we are across Lafayette Square and there in four minutes.

When I get to the front gates, I realize I don’t have my wallet with my ID card. Lloyd pulls his ID card out and vouches for me. Shriver has phoned ahead, so they let us through. I am surprised because the Secret Service men are running around like squirrels under the trees, and it occurs to me that they are jumpy for nothing. Their president has already been shot.

We slip into Dungan’s big office. Seated around the large desk are Shriver, McGeorge Bundy, Arthur Schlesinger Jr., Angier Biddle Duke, Capt. Tazewell Shepard (the naval aide), Maj. Gen. Chester V. Clifton (the military aide) and an Army protocol colonel. Also present are John Bailey, the national Democratic chairman; Ted Sorensen and Lee White. Each will play an important role tonight.

It even states that Clifton was in the Dallas motorcade, yet he is listed as being in this gathering at the White House prior to the arrival of the plane with the President's body arriving.  I read further, thinking that the meeting took place later after the plane arrived, but a paragraph or so later he, (Pearson) states:  When the president’s jet arrives at 5:58 p.m., Shriver has a long phone conversation with Bobby. Then he turns and says to us, “I’d like you all to know, in a general way, what Mrs. Kennedy’s and the family’s wishes are.

Has Pearson gotten his timeline/personnel confused?  How could Clifton be in the meeting somewhere between 3 p.m. and 5:58 p.m., having come from Dallas?