The Education Forum

I Have Always Considered Dorothy Kilgallen's Murder A Much More Important Reveal Of The JFK Truth Than We Have Ever Contemplated.

Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, Derek Thibeault said:

Ok just read, I knew the story before, but this is a well put together article. I don't have to read the Shaw book, which I was going to. I had read Mary's Mosaic previously, thought it was ok. The discrepancies make sense.

i agree with this Derek.  The Jordan article was both a milestone and excellently done.

Shaw owes much of his book to it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Peter Janney's credentials sure seem impressive. To me anyway.

I'd like to engage more regards Janney and his book after some better research.

FWIW ... I've never met and known anyone who is a jazz lover/aficionado to be anything but well read, honest and mentally healthy and grounded.

The Mary Meyer murder reads like a classic professional hit.

Her daily habits and comings and goings are studied. The perfect place to hit her is not at or inside her home. It would be in a lightly traversed public place with no eyewitness close by. Plant a mentally addled dupe nearby with a weak alibi and who just happens to have a criminal record no matter how benign.

There would be spotters in key locations.

Another unfortunate woman who knew too much.

To me her death is really sad. Shot twice. Pain beyond words to the point of passing out. Left crumpled up on a no-one-around path to die alone.

She never hurt anybody outside of her dumped husband.

A truly evil act.

Indeed. And JJA just happened to be waiting in the shadows....

Dorothy's plight also caught the eye of Alex Constantine, in The Covert War Against Rock, where he says, on page 4, that she penned an open letter to LBJ in her Dec. 21, 1964 column, asking him about exploring the ramifications of the use of (electromagnetic) thought control... 

4 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Dorothy's plight also caught the eye of Alex Constantine, in The Covert War Against Rock, where he says, on page 4, that she penned an open letter to LBJ in her Dec. 21, 1964 column, asking him about exploring the ramifications of the use of (electromagnetic) thought control... 

They’ve been working on this a long time:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html?amp

4 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Really Pamela?

True?

Fascinating.

Just another box check in a list of nefarious power threatening reasons to get DK neutralized perhaps?

On 8/26/2022 at 4:09 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Originally it was remembering Tony Ulabewicz.  His showing up the morning Mary Jo was found, before it was announced that set off a bell years ago.  But he was reputedly Nixon's private investigator.

But then there was this self-published book by a guy named Robert Cutler.  Not Eisenhower's first ever National Security Advisor.  But a researcher from Boston named Robert Cutler in the early 70's put out a self-published book called "You The Jury".  Hunt and Sturgis seen at Martha's Vineyard that weekend.  More.

Chapter 7, The Control of the Kennedys - Threats & Chappaquiddick, "THE TAKING OF AMERICA, 1-2-3", 1985 (ratical.org)

OK thanks Ron.  Clearly the Cutler book isn't available to read.  I'll pass on the CIA angle, Hunt in red wig with voice altering device is a little too much for my mirror.

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Really Pamela?

True?

Fascinating.

Just another box check in a list of nefarious power threatening reasons to get DK neutralized perhaps?

I'm trying to track down a copy of the column...

In the meantime, I found this page...lots of interesting info...

https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/311875#Controversial_articles

37 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

I'm trying to track down a copy of the column...

In the meantime, I found this page...lots of interesting info...

Reporting on UFOs

On February 15, 1954, Dorothy Kilgallen commented in her syndicated column, "Flying saucers are regarded as of such vital importance that they will be the subject of a special hush-hush meeting of the world military heads next summer."[30]

In a May 22, 1955 report from London, syndicated by the INS, Kilgallen stated, "British scientists and airmen, after examining the wreckage of one mysterious flying ship, are convinced these strange aerial objects are not optical illusions or Soviet inventions, but are flying saucers which originate on another planet. The source of my information is a British official of Cabinet rank who prefers to remain unidentified. 'We believe, on the basis of our inquiry thus far, that the saucers were staffed by small men—probably under four feet tall. It's frightening, but there is no denying the flying saucers come from another planet.'" This article, which was separate from Kilgallen's column, appeared on the front pages of the New York Journal American,[31] the Cincinnati Enquirer,[32] and other newspapers. The Washington Post ran it on page 8.[33] Gordon Creighton, editor of the magazine Flying Saucer Review, alleged the information was given to Kilgallen by Lord Mountbatten of Burma at a cocktail party, but attempts to verify this were unsuccessful.[34]

22 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

It's refreshing to see that there are potentially constructive uses for this technology...not just trying to turn everyone into mindless zombies...

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Reporting on UFOs

On February 15, 1954, Dorothy Kilgallen commented in her syndicated column, "Flying saucers are regarded as of such vital importance that they will be the subject of a special hush-hush meeting of the world military heads next summer."[30]

In a May 22, 1955 report from London, syndicated by the INS, Kilgallen stated, "British scientists and airmen, after examining the wreckage of one mysterious flying ship, are convinced these strange aerial objects are not optical illusions or Soviet inventions, but are flying saucers which originate on another planet. The source of my information is a British official of Cabinet rank who prefers to remain unidentified. 'We believe, on the basis of our inquiry thus far, that the saucers were staffed by small men—probably under four feet tall. It's frightening, but there is no denying the flying saucers come from another planet.'" This article, which was separate from Kilgallen's column, appeared on the front pages of the New York Journal American,[31] the Cincinnati Enquirer,[32] and other newspapers. The Washington Post ran it on page 8.[33] Gordon Creighton, editor of the magazine Flying Saucer Review, alleged the information was given to Kilgallen by Lord Mountbatten of Burma at a cocktail party, but attempts to verify this were unsuccessful.[34]

Not a shy one, that Dorothy...

Amazing openness in that day and age.. Just the same, with the source of this info coming from a private person it makes me wonder how seriously anyone was supposed to take this...people just may have rolled their eyes and moved on...

Interestingly, that looks like the same Lord Mountbattan who was close to Prince Charles. He was killed by the IRA, causing Charles much grief...

https://www.biography.com/news/prince-charles-lord-mountbatten-relationship

Edited by Pamela Brown

1 minute ago, Pamela Brown said:

It's refreshing to see that there are potentially constructive uses for this technology...not just trying to turn everyone into mindless zombies...

Of course, they’ll never actually use it for constructive purposes, they’ll use it to dumb us all down. Why is DARPA so interested in such technologies? 

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is a research and development agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of emerging technologies for use by the military.”

On 1/29/2022 at 4:46 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I don't need to hear any more about Mark Shaw's credibility issues.

FYI, I suspect that some JFK conspiracy theorists attack Shaw because, to his credit, Shaw discusses some of the evidence that Joseph Kennedy Sr. cut a deal with the Mafia to help get JFK elected in 1960. Shaw spends considerable time on this point in his book Collateral Damage. This is a huge, tender sore spot among some ardent JFK admirers. 

I can't say that I'm a friend of Shaw's, but he and I have exchanged several e-mails. I think Mark is a sincere, decent person who strives not to let his personal biases overly influence his conclusions. Soon after he began to research the JFK case, Mark, as a fairly devout liberal, was very disappointed to learn about the negative, darker side of JFK (and RFK). On the other hand, Mark also praises JFK's performance as president.

Edited by Michael Griffith

6 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Of course, they’ll never actually use it for constructive purposes, they’ll use it to dumb us all down. Why is DARPA so interested in such technologies? 

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is a research and development agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of emerging technologies for use by the military.”

Agreed...they will do their best...but still...

BTW, there is a guy named Leo who posts on the Bob Dylan newsgroup rmd who talks about his experiences past and present as a target for that...

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

FYI, I suspect that some JFK conspiracy theorists attack Shaw because, to his credit, Shaw discusses some of the evidence that Joseph Kennedy Sr. cut a deal with the Mafia to help get JFK elected in 1960. Shaw spends considerable time on this point in his book Collateral Damage. This is a huge, tender sore spot among some ardent JFK admirers. 

I can't say that I'm a friend of Shaw's, but he and I have exchanged several e-mails. I think Mark is a sincere, decent person who strives not to let his personal biases overly influence his conclusions. Soon after he began to research the JFK case, Mark, as a fairly devout liberal, was very disappointed to learn about the negative, darker side of JFK (and RFK). On the other hand, Mark also praises JFK's performance as president.

RFK Jr.’s book American Values rejects the negative portrayals of Joe Kennedy. It’s an interesting and thought provoking read. 

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

RFK Jr.’s book American Values rejects the negative portrayals of Joe Kennedy. It’s an interesting and thought provoking read. 

Humm, well, I think the weight of the evidence is solidly against any positive portrayal of Joe Kennedy. Mark Shaw, using numerous credible sources, presents a fair amount of evidence in Collateral Damage on Joe Kennedy's seedier dealings, especially regarding his deal with the Mafia to get JFK elected in 1960. I hesitate to recommend Ronald Kessler's book on Joe Sr., although it contains much factual material, but I do recommend Ted Schwarz's book Joseph P. Kennedy: The Mogul, the Mob, the Statesman, and the Making of an American Myth.

All this being said, I would contend that Joe Kennedy was less immoral than Curtis LeMay or Alan Dulles.

Edited by Michael Griffith