The Education Forum

The Zfilm, The copies and The Geraldo

Sean Coleman

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Screenshot-2022-04-04-094215.thumb.jpeg.b7aa2343646d751aeba956934ee62dd2.jpeg

It occurs to me that maybe the woman is wearing a very dark -- perhaps black -- dress and a tan overcoat. The coat caught a gust of wind which opened it up, thus exposing the dark dress. The inside of the tan coat is shaded by her body and thus it looks dark. Her dark dress has a light belt.

Look at the woman's shadow on the grass. The shape of it seems to support the idea of a blown open coat. Also, note where the right part of her shadow on the grass meets her feet... it meets her right foot behind the boy and her left foot behind the man's right leg. Which explains why we don't see her legs and feet at all. Such a wide stance suggests she is taking a picture.

Unless someone shows a flaw in my thinking, I'm going to accept this as the likely explanation. Black or dark blue dress, and a gust of wind opening up a tan coat.

P.S. I just looked at this scene through several Costella frames. It does look like a gust of wind, rather than a constant breeze, opened up the coat. However, none of those frames reveal even a smidgen of tan. I'm no longer accepting the above explanation. I'm back to thinking it's a mystery.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2022 at 5:28 PM, John Butler said:

It is a matter of perspective.

mitchum-image-ss-vehicle-johnson-compare

Edited Wednesday at 05:36 PM by John Butler

In your opinion, in the photo, John, does the "rear" windscreen slope forward (i.e. the top  of the windscreen faces South)or backward (i.e. the top of the windscreen faces North) ?

Edited by Ray Mitcham

1 hour ago, Ray Mitcham said:

In your opinion, in the photo, John, does the "rear" windscreen slope forward (i.e. the top  of the windscreen faces South)or backward (i.e. the top of the windscreen faces North) ?

Ray,

To me it is a matter of perspective in viewing the vehicle.  Todd Wayne Vaughan in his motorcade work describes the vehicle as a Ford Mercury 4-door sedan Model 54A Monterey with Breezeway design.

The Mercury Maruader has a design as you suggest.  The rear pillar does slope towards the front.  The vehicle in Dealey Plaza was a Monterey rather than a Marauder.  That doesn't matter there are other photos to show that the Johnson ss vehicle was a Mercury Monterey Breeze design.  The front pillar or post is slender and not wide in both models.

merc-marauder-64.jpg

But, it is a two door vehicle in the Marauder model.  Even if you are correct in your assumption about the rear pillar of the top of the Merc Monterey then it still does not matter.  (Don't get me wrong here.  I am not saying you are correct.)

Look at the front pillar or post of the top.  It is very, very slender and not wide at all.  The Zaprudrer film shows the vehicle with a wide front pillar for the roof.  That is not a characteristic of the Mercury Monterey or Marauder.

Save-as-front-post-or-pillar-merc-mont-5

The red arrow indicates a slender from pillar for the roof and not a wide one as shown in the Zapruder film.

That is what you see in Chris Davidson's gif.

mer-monterey-breezeway-1-compare.jpg

The only thing I can make of that, and it won't change, is that something occurred with the Johnson ss vehicle that the editors of the film did not want shown.  The film editors altered the film.  

I speculated that the Johnson ss vehicle was held at the intersection for a brief period and then released.  Meaning it did not make the turn with the rest of the motorcade at the intersection.  This would not have put the Mayor's Car in the intersection and that would disrupt the testimonies they made.  As I said this is speculation and in reality something different may have occurred.

That's all I have to say on this Ray.  I don't need a series of endless questions because I didn't answer your question.  I did answer it here, and this is all I have to say from this point forward.

Edited by John Butler

On 4/7/2022 at 10:13 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

It occurs to me that maybe the woman is wearing a very dark -- perhaps black -- dress and a tan overcoat. The coat caught a gust of wind which opened it up, thus exposing the dark dress. The inside of the tan coat is shaded by her body and thus it looks dark. Her dark dress has a light belt.

Look at the woman's shadow on the grass. The shape of it seems to support the idea of a blown open coat. Also, note where the right part of her shadow on the grass meets her feet... it meets her right foot behind the boy and her left foot behind the man's right leg. Which explains why we don't see her legs and feet at all. Such a wide stance suggests she is taking a picture.

Unless someone shows a flaw in my thinking, I'm going to accept this as the likely explanation. Black or dark blue dress, and a gust of wind opening up a tan coat.

P.S. I just looked at this scene through several Costella frames. It does look like a gust of wind, rather than a constant breeze, opened up the coat. However, none of those frames reveal even a smidgen of tan. I'm no longer accepting the above explanation. I'm back to thinking it's a mystery.

Sandy,

What you see as tan raincoat is the woman's purse.  Look at the frames below.  The tan part only covers a small area.  Where are her tan raincoat sleeves?  You won't be able to find those simply due to the fact she wasn't wearing a tan raincoat.

1. The Lady in Blue does not have a babushka or head scarf.  Instead she has blond hair (which might be a wig) and a black head band.

2.  She has on a short sleeve dress and not a tan raincoat which has long sleeves.  Tell me where you see long sleeves in the photos below.

3.  She has on a white belt that completely circles her waist and is not covered by a tan raincoat.

lady-in-blue-costella-groden-compare.jpg

It is not a mystery.  The Lady in Blue is not the Babushka Woman.  She is someone else that I suspect was a Jack Ruby associate.  Betty Oliver or Tammy True, AKA Nancy Myers.  Myers was an older woman who not only stripped for Jack Ruby at the Carousel, but may have run a safe house for whoever Ruby wanted to protect.

Tammi-True-Jack-Ruby-in-front-of-Carouse

Tammi seems to like dark clothing and head bands.

I seem to be on to something here.  Someone edited a photo of Tammi True and edited out her iconic black head band.

tammin-true-compare-on-head-band-carouse

Nix-bb-lady-just-arriving-to-scene-same-

The Babushka Lady, in this Nix frame, arriving in Dealey Plaza after the assassination.  She is about in the same spot as the Cancellare photo shows her.

Edited by John Butler

8 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Sandy,

What you see as tan raincoat is the woman's purse.  Look at the frames below.  The tan part only covers a small area.  Where are her tan raincoat sleeves?  You won't be able to find those simply due to the fact she wasn't wearing a tan raincoat.

1. The Lady in Blue does not have a babushka or head scarf.  Instead she has blond hair (which might be a wig) and a black head band.

2.  She has on a short sleeve dress and not a tan raincoat which has long sleeves.  Tell me where you see long sleeves in the photos below.

3.  She has on a white belt that completely circles her waist and is not covered by a tan raincoat.

lady-in-blue-costella-groden-compare.jpg

John Butler's theories are again refuted here.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

John Butler's theories are again refuted here.

Jonathan,

I see nothing in your "here" that refutes what I have said.  I have talked about all of that on more than 1 occasion.  One would have to suspend credibility and deny reality to believe what you see there.

Since you see things in your own manner, I see no reason to communicate further.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, John Butler said:

Ray,

To me it is a matter of perspective in viewing the vehicle.  Todd Wayne Vaughan in his motorcade work describes the vehicle as a Ford Mercury 4-door sedan Model 54A Monterey with Breezeway design.

The Mercury Maruader has a design as you suggest.  The rear pillar does slope towards the front.  The vehicle in Dealey Plaza was a Monterey rather than a Marauder.  That doesn't matter there are other photos to show that the Johnson ss vehicle was a Mercury Monterey Breeze design.  The front pillar or post is slender and not wide in both models.

merc-marauder-64.jpg

But, it is a two door vehicle in the Marauder model.  Even if you are correct in your assumption about the rear pillar of the top of the Merc Monterey then it still does not matter.  (Don't get me wrong here.  I am not saying you are correct.)

Look at the front pillar or post of the top.  It is very, very slender and not wide at all.  The Zaprudrer film shows the vehicle with a wide front pillar for the roof.  That is not a characteristic of the Mercury Monterey or Marauder.

Save-as-front-post-or-pillar-merc-mont-5

The red arrow indicates a slender from pillar for the roof and not a wide one as shown in the Zapruder film.

That is what you see in Chris Davidson's gif.

mer-monterey-breezeway-1-compare.jpg

The only thing I can make of that, and it won't change, is that something occurred with the Johnson ss vehicle that the editors of the film did not want shown.  The film editors altered the film.  

I speculated that the Johnson ss vehicle was held at the intersection for a brief period and then released.  Meaning it did not make the turn with the rest of the motorcade at the intersection.  This would not have put the Mayor's Car in the intersection and that would disrupt the testimonies they made.  As I said this is speculation and in reality something different may have occurred.

That's all I have to say on this Ray.  I don't need a series of endless questions because I didn't answer your question.  I did answer it here, and this is all I have to say from this point forward.

Wait. What's this? Is that the SS follow-up car following up the LBJ Lincoln? And what's that on the railroad bridge? Could it be...people?

Edited by Pat Speer

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, Chris Davidson said:

Now, imagine the surveyor(Robert West) provided you(Tom Purvis) with some pertinent documentation that fully supports the 10.2ft difference, which is comprised of 34 zframes and transformed into 6.7 vertical inches.

I'll call it the bouncing transformation.

10.2ft.jpg

Following up on the missing distance/bouncing frames from the previous postings.

10.2ft/5.49ft per sec = 1.8579...sec x 18.3fps = 34 frames

5.49ft per sec = 3.74mph = .3ft per frame

.3ft per frame equals half the speed of the limo from extant z301-313 and beyond.