The Education Forum

Kennedy-Related Photos

FWIW, here's a short passage from Vince Bugliosi's tome relating to the Oswalds' voyage on the Maasdam:

Reclaiming-History-Book-Excerpt.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see the two sets of answers that Lee Oswald wrote in preparation for the press interviews that never materialized upon his return to America, CLICK HERE.

Edited by David Von Pein

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Where can we find your collection of recordings and clippings about Carlos Marcello?

Where can we find yours Mervyn?

1 minute ago, Pete Mellor said:

Where can we find yours Mervyn?

Some are on our own library shelves, and others are to hand via electronic links. The main thing is that we have them, and I so glad that you do as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

The-Detroit-Free-Press-Nov-23-1963%20(TV

David just watched a new video interview of Jack Rubys sister Eva and her attorney from 1967.  On YouTube.  It was interesting.   Sorry though nothing on Patricia Olga ship but I recommend you watch the interview.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanna see a truly "doctored" photograph?

Click Here.  (Also pictured below.)

It's an obviously altered and doctored version of one of James Altgens' Dealey Plaza pictures which appeared on the front page of The Sun-Herald in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 24, 1963.

What the Sydney newspaper editors did, incredibly, is that they turned a portion of the bottom of a street light pole into the head of JFK. And the newspaper people also totally eliminated the entire light pole from the photo.

The original and unaltered photograph can be seen HERE.

I know that some newspaper and magazine publishers have attempted to "enhance" various assassination-related pictures, but I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant and outright distortion of a photograph than that which we see in this Sydney newspaper example. It's shameless and inexcusable (IMO).

It's possible, I suppose, that perhaps other newspaper publishers have also used that "altered" version of the picture which erases the light pole entirely and then "adds in" what they want their readers to believe is the head of the mortally wounded President, but I don't recall seeing any other papers using it.

Here's the doctored image (with the "doctoring" extending to other parts of the picture too -- such as the accentuated markings around Jackie's pillbox hat):

Altered-Altgens-Photo.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paula Bosse, the expert blogger when it comes to "All Things Relating To Dallas, Texas", recently posted the pictures seen below at her "Flashback: Dallas" website/blog. These 1962 photos depict ads for Jack Ruby's Carousel Club (which was being referred to as "The New Carousel" at the time)....

Click to enlarge:

1962-Carousel-Club-Ads.jpg

A few more Carousel Club advertisements, plus one from Abe Weinstein's Colony Club (Jack Ruby's rival club, also located on Commerce Street), can be seen in Paula Bosse's complete blog post here.

• 4 weeks later...