The Education Forum

I just watched the entire JFK Revisited: The Complete Collection DVD/Blu Ray set

(2-hour version last night. 4-hour version today. I am going to watch/listen to the audio commentary by Stone and DiEiugenio for the 2-hour version tomorrow)

Fantastic, fabulous, essential, classic, etc. This series defies words. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was blown away by the sheer amount of diverse content as presented by the impressive list of speakers. I took copious notes that almost looks like a small paperback LOL! 

Here is a great analogy [keeping in mind the "ET" controversy, which I equate to the Three Tramps in "JFK" in 1991]:

If this was the Super Bowl, this team won 52-3 (would have been a shut out if not for the "ET"). Still a huge and impressive victory.

I also highly recommend the book of the film- super impressive. The book almost acts as the unofficial "6-hour version."

May be an image of text that says 'BlurayDist BLU-RAY™ DVDCOMBO COMBO PACK AN OLIVER STONE FILM J THE REVISITED COMPLETE COLLECTION'

May be an image of book and text that says 'T J REVISITED THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS JAMES DIEUGENIO Introduction by Academy Award- Award-winning Director OLIVER STONE'

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much VInce.

BTW, the best part of the book is the interview subjects.

As I said, we could have easily had a six hour film.  Just as strong.

The key to it was the sheer number of good interview subjects.  That will never be done again.  

Thanks for that Anthony.  

Yes, that was intelligent and informed.

Edited by James DiEugenio

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks so much VInce.

The audio commentary is fantastic! Jim, how does it feel to have made THE best JFK assassination documentary (and related book) ever? Very impressive! I have told many people about it.

Edited by Vince Palamara

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, the best part of the book is the interview subjects.

As I said, we could have easily had a six hour film.  Just as strong.

The key to it was the sheer number of good interview subjects.  That will never be done again.  

Agreed!

I will be talking about this in Dallas.

After Rob Wilson paid 3000 dollars to bring one person into Oliver's office in West LA, he decided it would be cheaper for us to go to the interviewees.

So that is when we set up shop at hotels in Dallas, Georgetown, New Orleans, and San Francisco. 

We did do a final reshoot in Los Angeles.

This is why I say there will likely never be a JFK documentary like this again.  Because no one will spend the money to shoot all those people actually talking about what was in the ARRB files and the new evidence.  It was a lot of money to do that.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I will be talking about this in Dallas.

After Rob Wilson paid 3000 dollars to bring one person into Oliver's office in West LA, he decided it would be cheaper for us to go to the interviewees.

So that is when we set up shop in hotels in Dallas, Georgetown, New Orleans, and San Francisco. 

We did do a final reshoot in Los Angeles.

This is why I say there will likely never be a JFK documentary like this again.  Because no one will spend the money to shoot all those people actually talking about what was in the ARRB files and the new evidence.  It was a lot of money to do that.

Wow--it has been #1 for a while! I just posted on my blog about it:

Screenshot%202022-07-24%20141530.jpg

Oh, that is neat.  Thanks again Vince.

BTW, I have to say, we had to talk Shout Factory into doing the DVD release. 😃

Rob Wilson was just going to duplicate the films on disc and set up office in his garage. Then me and him would do the packing and mailing at the post office.

Maybe we should have.  We would have made more money by cutting out the middle man.

2 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oh, that is neat.  Thanks again Vince.

BTW, I have to say, we had to talk Shout Factory into doing the DVD release. 😃

Rob Wilson was just going to duplicate the films on disc and set up office in his garage. Then me and him would do the packing and mailing at the post office.

Maybe we should have.  We would have made more money by cutting out the middle man.

This is the best documentary ever and probably will always stand as such (just as the "JFK" movie will always be the best assassination movie).

It sounds like it is doing great business! There is a lot of buzz to it and the reaction I am seeing on my Facebook has been tremendous.

I don't know exactly who decided that.  Probably Rob with the distributor.

But the thing is they brought it in at a relatively low price for all the attributes.

And I think that is one reason its selling.  Shout Factory has to be happy.