The Education Forum

SEPTEMBER FORUM FUNDING CONTRIBUTION ONLY

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Count me in for $50 a year. Pls give me a link where you want my $50 to go.

Nick

Hopefully a new link will be forthcoming in the next month or two.  Please stay tuned for details.  Thank you for your commitment to a generous contribution on behalf of other members, like me, and yourself.

Nick,

It is not clear to me what new link Ron is referring to but there already is a link for donations.

Post this link above and it ought to take you to where you can donate - if you are happy to do so.

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/clients/donations/

Alternatively hover your mouse over the tab STORE and you will quickly reveal "Donations"

I can assure you the link works because we have already taken considerable donations thid psdy week.

Thank you for your interest.

James

Sorry to cause any confusion.  I inferred that I guess from the other topic on this on the forum.  Talk of someone else taking over the financial responsibilities.  Creation of a new pay pal account, in that person's name, in the US to avoid the conversion rate and more if I remember some of the suggestions there correctly in it's the several pages.  Maybe establishing a 501 non-profit.  I somehow got the idea this would probably involve a new link.   As I mentioned early in that thread, I'm not very tech savvy.  I guess maybe any or all of that could be done through the current link.

In any case I didn't intend in any way to discourage any current or future contributions.

10 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

Nick,

It is not clear to me what new link Ron is referring to but there already is a link for donations.

Post this link above and it ought to take you to where you can donate - if you are happy to do so.

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/clients/donations/

Alternatively hover your mouse over the tab STORE and you will quickly reveal "Donations"

I can assure you the link works because we have already taken considerable donations thid psdy week.

Thank you for your interest.

James

Thanks, James. Just wanted to make sure. Donation sent for $50.  i’ve been a member here since 2005 and I’d like to keep the best JFK site going for as long as possible.

Nick 

10 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

On 8/4/2022 at 12:34 AM, Chris Davidson said:

Please contribute only $5 using the "donation" link. This is located at the top of the page under the "Store" menu. Just place your cursor over the word "Store" and the "Donations" link should appear.

After a one week contribution period, sometime next Thursday, Aug 11th, James can provide us with the total amount raised.

This will provide us with more time to discuss/resolve the changes that are upon us.

Thanks,

Chris

James,

One week has passed.

Can you provide the total number of members (not by name) who contributed $5 only.

Plus, the total number of members(not by name) who gave more.

Lastly, what is our total collected, as of now.

Thank you,

Chris

By my count, that makes around 18 $5 donations.

I was hoping to see twice that. So that would make the total donors of $5 or more at 22.

3 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

Unless I have ,made an error:-

25 members donated.

That means aside from those 4 who did not donate $5 -  21 members donated $5.

James.

Great.

Hopefully, this gives the future "financial overseer" a clearer picture of the situation.

Would you care to start a new topic asking for volunteers (publicly/privately) interested in the "financial overseer" position?

Have it posted through Monday and have the Admins make a selection by Thursday.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S.

The fundraiser for those who would like to contribute either in one lump sum or on a monthly basis should follow the selection of the financial overseer. I would assume once that person is chosen, you will collaborate with them to set up the donation(Paypal???) & Invision method of payment moving forward.