The Education Forum

SEPTEMBER FORUM FUNDING CONTRIBUTION ONLY

Please contribute only $5 using the "donation" link. This is located at the top of the page under the "Store" menu. Just place your cursor over the word "Store" and the "Donations" link should appear.

After a one week contribution period, sometime next Thursday, Aug 11th, James can provide us with the total amount raised.

This will provide us with more time to discuss/resolve the changes that are upon us.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I have not yet donated in this funding round. Should we hold off on donations until we figure out what we will do moving forward?

James,

Ty's response is exactly why I asked you not to disclose any amounts until after the week of $5 contributions.

The  $ amount reflective of those contributions would probably give us a better idea on how many members will likely be responsible for funding the forum.

I don't expect it will be anywhere near the 55 members Kathy revealed.

At the end of one week, can you still let us know how many members contributed the $5?

Even though we have enough for September, I still encourage you and everyone else to donate the $5.

Any extra can be applied to future Invision payments.

It appears from the other discussion, there are many details to work out moving forward, so the extra time is a good thing.

Chris, can you walk us through this again?

Jim,

Go to the top of this page and on the left hand side, within the blue banner running across the entire page top, rest your cursor on the word "Store" and just below it, the "donations" link should appear as a drop down option, then click it.

After you enter the amount ($5),the rest is self-explainable as it will eventually ask for a payment type.

Thanks Chris.

Can we donate the $5 anonymously and silently or do we have to confirm the donation publicly so everyone knows what a fine upstanding caring assassination aficionado  we are?

Ps. I sent $5

16 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

Can we donate the $5 anonymously and silently or do we have to confirm the donation publicly so everyone knows what a fine upstanding caring assassination aficionado  we are?

Ps. I sent $5

I, too, am a fine upstanding, caring assassination aficionado who just donated $5 to this noble cause.  🤥

Sean,

No need to post it. Please let James know who it is from when you're actually in the donation process.

After a week, James can give us the number of people who donated,but their names do not need to be revealed.

Perhaps I went too fast, but I didn't notice the "gift" option.

PS: I'm guessing $7,209.03 is the amount that has been raised since the dawn of time (I only sent $5).

ed-forum.png.2d8128d2c0f75447aba4ee3594e93034.png

Mark,

I have no idea what that figure relates to.

At present $154 have been raised.

It is not for me to decide. but I feel a central fund [ like a paypal account ] is better. Especially when directly linked to our Invision account. I believe there ought to be a "keeper" for that account.

I do get the names of all who donate as well as the amount they donate.

I worry about whether we have sufficient active members to donate $840 per year and every year. Not to mention that our internet usage is getting us close to the next payment threshold of $120 per month. I am not in favour of payment in order to post, but I also worry whether those who do not want to donate will inhibit us reaching our donation targets.

James